Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa AmbegaonkarYour feedback matters!
By using mobile and laptop I had suffering from eye pain. So please anyone give me a suggestion to avoid so much eye pain.
From past one week I'm frequently getting water from my eyes while driving and while using computer. I'm a 22 year old male, I'm employee my work is based on computer. Daily on a average I'll use system for about 6-8 hrs. Is this because of using system more frequently? What are prevention or care need to be taken? Are there chances of getting eye site? If so what precautions need to taken to stay safe? Thank you! Waiting for a valuable response.
I am 23 years old and wear bifical glasses. I want to remove it and go for lassic lazer or contact lens. Can I do so?
Doctor, My son is infection of eye. Son'age is two months. What do my son to remove from infection of his eye?
Hello everybody, I am Dr Charu Tyagi. Today I will talk about Computer vision syndrome.
Computer has become part and parcel of our life. We are spending lot many hours on the screens. The screens are associated with some eye problems. Patients who have eye pain, redness, watery eyes, blury vision, headache often associated with long hours on computer. They are classified as Computer Vision Syndrome. So, we would like you to be spending time but have a mix and match activity when you are working on computers. Take time for breaks and look at distances.
People who have tendency to stare, who do not blink well, (we are suppose to blink 16-18 times in a minute), and who are in the AC atmosphere are more prone to Computer Vision Syndrome. Not wearing glasses is one of the important factors for headache and strain.
- People are adviced to blink 16-18 times in a minute.
- Maintain a good posture
- When feel tired, do palming
- Wash eyes
- Have proper hydration
- Follow the rule 20-20-20, which means that after every 20 minutes look at 20 feet or more and blink 20 times.
- Have your computer set 15 degrees and below your eye level. No bright light should be behind the computer
- Maximum contrast and minimum brightness in the computer setting
- Have anti-glare on your computer and anti-glare on your glasses.
- Proper lighting should be there above for proper vision and to avoid strain.
- Do not rub your eyes frequently as keyboards are the source of infection.
- Do not over wear your contact lenses as they can cause dryness in your eyes.
- Avoid kajal and soorma which are not very good for your eyes.
If you see that your symptoms are not improving then you need to see an eye specialist for the complete eye examination.