Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpa Abhyankar
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa AbhyankarYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. My mother is feeling slightly sagging in right breast. She didn't have a pain. She is saying that when she sits then the right breast touch her stomach makes discomfort. And the left breast is quite normal. She did mammogram test in January 2018 shown few microcalcification in a retroareolar region with BIRADS 3 in right breast. And even she did ultrasound breast show tiny calcif seen in retroareolar region. With no abnormality seen in rest of the reports. Her age is 43 with no cancer history. Please Dr. tell us it is a matter of concern of sagging right breast in a slight manner. She is feeling like this all of sudden from past 10 days. Please Dr. guide us and suggest some future test. Thank you.
Hi. I am 28 years old female. Me and my partner are planning for a baby. We are going on a trip and consulted a doctor a few days ago to check whether its safe to try and conceive during the trip. The doctor asked us to run some tests like Blood group, sugar, HIV, Thyroid, Ultrasound etc. While every other thing came normal, my TSH level was a little over the borderline. The doctor then asked us to follow up with a TSH and Thyroid antibody test. Antibody came normal but again TSH was a little over the borderline. (can share detailed report). My question is -- will I have to take thyroid medicine if I was to conceive? And if yes, will I have to take life long? Because I have heard that once Thyroid medication starts then the body becomes dependent on it for entire life.
1) Save electricity, save money
Ÿ Switch off when not in use.
Plugged in chargers waste power, so switch off if not charging!Computer in sleep mode draw power, so shut it down at night
Ÿ Replace incandescent bulbs with LED Bulbs.They are 80% cheaper to run and healthier than CFL bulbs.
Ÿ Use star rated appliances..Air conditioner, washing machine, refrigerator. They save power in the long run.
Ÿ Don't use the dryer , just hang clothes to dry.
Ÿ Keep refrigerator in shaded part of room , that way less power is used to cool.
Ÿ Use microwave for reheating rather than conventional ovens, definitely less electricity consumption with microwave usage.
Ÿ Stop opening the oven to check repeatedly, it causes heat to be lost.
Ÿ Decide what you want out of the fridge..don't keep it open, while you think!
Ÿ Use cold water for washing clothes in washing machine.Upto 40$ per year may be saved in your power bills by this little change.
Ÿ Use fully loaded washing machine and dishwashers before running them.
2) Save water
Water is a finite resource of ghis world.Use it with care.
Ÿ Close the tap when brushing your teeth, and other chores.Dont keep it running
Ÿ Use a low flow shower head.You can also try using the bucket and mug Method!
Ÿ Use a low flow flush .You may save upto 160,000litre water per year
Ÿ Fix the drip.Wastage of water upto 192 gallons per year may be avoided, by stopping the dripping tap.
Ÿ Collect water used to wash fruits, vegetables, pulses etc, and use it to water your plants.
3)Use green indoor plants to purify indoor air.
Indoor plants like peace lily and Areca palms remove formaldehyde and benzene fumes from indoor air.
4) Reuse, Recycle, up cycle your stuff at home.The less you discard the less stuff ends up in the landfill.
5) Make large furniture buying decisions strictly from, eco friendly sustainable furniture sources.Furniture's are expensive .Buy after planning
So this decision should be taken with much care
Bamboo furniture's are eco friendly ,as bamboo is a fast growing sustainable grass and not wood.Reclaimed wood, Stainless steel furniture's are green choices which are not too expensive.
You can shop from Craig list , eBay and refurbish your finds.Just take care if it's painted furniture, the paint may contain leas, so proper care needs to be taken while repainting.
6) Save petrol
Ÿ Use a carpool
Ÿ Regularly servicing the car will ensure less fuel wastage
Ÿ Empty the trunk, it increase fuel efficiency.
7) When out shopping carry your own reusable shopping bag.
That way you avoid buying the plastic or paper bag the the store may be giving or Selling!
8) Save paper
Ÿ Pay tax online and ask for an ex receipt.
Ÿ Pay tour bills online.
Ÿ But your train and plain tickets online.
Ÿ Buy your movie tickets online.
Ÿ Buy ebooks, used books
Ÿ Stop buying newspaper and read the news online.
Ÿ Print on both sides of the paper.
Ÿ Use cloth napkins instead of paper ones.
9) Take the stairs and not the elevator. Good for your health and the health of the environment.
10)Buy local, as far as possible. The lower the charge of transportation , the more money you save and less is your carbon footprint.
We spend the major portion of a 24 hour timespan at home.The healthier the home environment the better it is for your health..
Take one step at a time .Make one small change everyday.Soon you will not only be making your home green ,eco friendly and healthy, but also be inspiring others to make the change.
Write to me if you want specific information about Healthy home, lifestyle health care. I love hearing from my readers.
Hi, I'm 19 years old and I have 7 month pregnant my c/o fungal infection both thigh, abdominal site and private part site .I was used antifungal cream fourderm, terbinaforce plus, etc. But not improved and increasing infection .sir I need your suggestion. Thank you.
If you are experiencing heartburn during pregnancy, it is important for you to know about the ways of dealing with it. Heartburn, which is a fiery, painful sensation, occurs when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) starts leaking or relaxing. This makes your stomach acids to flow up into the esophagus, resulting in acidity or heartburn. Pregnant women are more susceptible to heartburns because the relaxing hormone slows down the rate of digestion, thereby keeping food in the stomach for longer duration and triggering acidity.
Here are the various measures you should take for dealing with acidity during pregnancy:
- Follow regular eating patterns: Overeating triggers heart burns, and hence, you should eat less. During pregnancy, there is much less space in the stomach for it to expand. Maintaining a healthy diet in lesser quantities will help you in eliminating the heartburn throughout your pregnancy. You should eat several small meals a day instead of having two or three large meals. It is easier for your body to digest smaller meals.
- Avoid trigger foods: You need to identify the common foods, which trigger your heartburn, and eliminate them from your diet. You should abstain from consuming acidic food items like tomatoes, citrus fruits, fried and spicy food, coffee, carbonated drinks, and alcohol.
- Focus on fluids: A liquid diet causes much lesser problems compared to solid food products as they can move through your stomach quickly. You should consume milkshakes, soups, yoghurt, smoothies, puddings, and protein shakes. Try to take liquids, which are rich in protein like dairy products. While having solid foods, ensure that you chew them very well.
- Sleep properly: In order to avoid heartburn during the night, you must not eat anything three hours before going to sleep. You should make the head of your bed elevated by placing books or any solid object under the bed’s legs. You should sleep on your left side, which will make it difficult for stomach acids to travel up to your esophagus.
- Sit or stand up right after a meal: After taking any meal, you should take a short walk, undertake some housework, or sit down for a while. Avoid lying down, and abstain from doing anything for which you have to bend over.
- Wear comfortable clothes: You should wear loose-fitting clothes for dealing with acidity or heartburn during pregnancy. Tight clothing puts extra pressure on your abdomen, which is already crammed. This is capable of worsening acid reflux. Therefore, you should choose loose fitting maternity wear for eliminating acidity and heartburn.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Rice is one of the most common non-allergens beneficial for people who are sensitive to gluten, which is a type of protein commonly found in wheat and its products. Also, rice is low in sodium, unlike chapatis, which makes it ideal for those who have trouble managing hypertension. Further, opposite to the common adage white rice has a negligible amount of sugar and fat.
People who wish to lose weight can go for brown rice, as here the outer layer is retained, making it high in fiber and other nutrients. Whereas, white rice is processed and polished, resulting in loss of vital nutrients during milling. Additionally, using rice bran oil can help people in keeping their bad cholesterol levels in check.
Below mentioned is the list of nutrients present in rice
- Carbohydrates: Rice is a good source of carbohydrates and in many cases, it is the main source of carbohydrates, as it contains digestible starch. This is equally good bad as the human digestive system is deficit in the enzyme that is required to digest it. Thus, it takes time to digest rice and is not absorbed readily into the blood. During the absorption process, rice is converted into short chain fatty acids in the small intestine and goes all the way to the large intestine where it is finally absorbed.
- Proteins: Rice contains a good amount of dietary protein, which is essential for repair of body tissues on a regular basis.
- Vitamins: Vitamin B complex in rice regulates the body’s chemical reactions and is known to burn food into energy. It also contains small amounts of vitamin B1 (thiamine), B3 (niacin), B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin E.
- Minerals: Rice is also a good source of iron and zinc, which protects the body from free radical damage, which are chemicals that can lead to the development of cancerous cells.
Types of rice
White rice is what has always been most popular. However, with the recent shift in eating habits, more people are switching to brown rice, which is white rice plus the husk. The husk of the rice has additional fiber and is richer in terms of nutrients. Brown rice, not only has lesser calories as compared to white rice (170 calories vs. 220 calories for a medium cup serving), it is also packed with additional minerals, such as manganese, selenium, magnesium and potassium. Eating brown rice can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by half and aids in weight loss too. It may just seem like a cup of rice, but it sure is loaded. In case of a concern or query consult an expert & get answers to questions!