Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpa A. ChoudharyYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. I am trying to get pregnant from last 4 months but I do not conceive. My periods are irregular. Last period was on 15 may and this month I have my periods on 20 june. My periods lasts for 4 days. After period when should I have sex with my husband to get pregnant.
I had a sex on 3rd or 4th november with my bf. My last date of periods was 23rd October but this month that is November my period misses. Unfortunately 30th November I again had sex with my bf. But I do pregnancy test on 30th November at morning and that is negative and at the same day that 30th November I did sex at 5pm. Then 1st December I again do lab urine test which is again negative now I confused I m pregnant or not and if I am not pregnant then why my periods stil not going.
Infertility is a medical condition which is characterised by problems in successful conception, even after prolonged and frequent unprotected sex amongst a couple. Infertility may occur due to problems with either the male, the female partner and in many cases both of them. This condition can cause much strife in a relationship not just within the individuals but also be a cause for social embarrassment. The causes of infertility could be-
Testicular injury or deformed testis,
Irregular menstrual periods,
Problems with erections,
Uterus is ill-shaped,
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
Scanty sperm count,
Blockage of the fallopian tube.
Ayurveda and Infertility-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, infertility occurs when there is a deficiency of nutrients in the Shukra Dhatu of an individual. This might occur as a result of indigestion and excessive toxic content in the human body. This could be caused due to excessive consumption of spicy foods or if they have chronic stress or anxiety. The Ayurvedic remedies boost the nutrition of the Shukra Dhatu in order to boost fertility. The most potent Ayurvedic herbs which can cure infertility are as follows:
A prescribed consumption of the powder of dried banyan bark along with sugar might help to cure infertility.
The inclusion of cumin and turmeric powder in regulated dosages in your daily food might also help to facilitate fertility.
A consumption of the root of the herb Ashwagandha for 3 times a day has also been shown to be beneficial.
A daily consumption of the powder of Vanari Kalpa in warm milk might help in curing any problems related to the ejaculation of semen.
Consuming a mixture of the powder of Vrushya vati in warm milk, it might help to increase the sperm count.
The consumption of Ayurvedic preparation of phalasarpi (a mixture of the herbs Kustha, manjistha, Triphala, tagara, haldi etc.) might help to deal with the problems of infertility in women.
Yoga also has many effective asanas or poses which help boost both male and female fertility and thus may help in correcting infertility caused due to physical factors such as injuries or deformities.
Changes in lifestyle also have to be brought in such as quitting smoking, reducing alcohol consumption among others.
Hi, My wife facing vaginal bleeding after sex. Her periods skip normally and this time she took pills to stop her periods. Please help me out.
My daughter in law is in start of 3rd month pregnancy, This is her first kid, Kindly suggest me foods for her health.
Hi my wife Now 18 month pregnant. Doctor did anomaly scan. In that report everything normal. But amniotic fluid index moderately reduced. Is it safe or worrying? What is the reason?
Hi am usha got married on last year December. My husband is in malaysia. My periods started at jan3rd last month and we have sex every day up to jan 17 th. This month also I got menses at 2nd feb. Please tell me which are the dates to have sex and to tell me tips to get faster pregnancy.
My wife tells that she use to get white discharge before a week of getting her periods. Why it's happening like that? Please help we are trying for a baby. But still periods haven't come.
Dear Dr, We are trying baby for quit long time about 18 months. Now my wife not got any period from 17 day past ovulation as Dr. Conformed ovulation day was 26/04/2016 and theysuggesther to take Sustain 200mg tablets once in a day through vaginal. And she don't have any symptoms. Weather sustain 200mg will increase the lethal phase bec as I know 16 day is the maximum time for lethal phase. Please clear me doubt. Her age is 25 weight is 60. Weather she is pregnant.
If you tell people that their diet or lifestyle or habits make them unhealthy, and chances are that they’d believe you. Not only that, they’d even agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you tell them that the same makes them dumber, then they’d either laugh at you or fight with you. However, its true. Certain things really lower your IQ. Read on to find out.
1. Group projects or meetings: Being a part of group projects or meetings can greatly drain your brain reveals a recent study. The reason for that is that when you’re in a group you have to concentrate more on behaviour and interaction, as a result of which your brain’s performance reduces and you end up making more ‘silly mistakes.’ In fact the situation worsens in a mixed sex group. Research found out that 14% men fare poorly at mental tasks when they feel that women are watching them. Best performance on the other hand is guaranteed when you work alone.
2. Jetlag: Jetlag can cause permanent problems in learning and memory. Research carried out by the University of California revealed that frequent jet lags are equivalent to a hangover that lasts way too long. This can cause you trouble in learning new things. In fact the same study also revealed that the effect of frequent jet lags can last more than a month, making you stupider in the long run. This is because constantly resetting your body clock can alter the anatomy of your brain. That’s the reason why flight attendants are found to suffer from severe memory loss.
3. Being spanked as a child: A research conducted by the University of Hampshire showed that children who were hit as punishment suffered from trauma that hampered their mental growth, and as a consequence led to lower IQs. This post-traumatic stress disorder faced by children who were spanked was the same that soldiers go through when watching heads being blown off. Not only that, even letting babies cry can cause lower IQs in them as the stress experienced is the same. In fact, letting babies cry can cause permanent brain damage which can also lead to trust issues. However, conflicts among family members has a positive impact in decision making, executive function of the child.
4. Junk food: A study found out that kids who eat plenty of junk food at the age of 3 can suffer from low IQs at the age of 8 as compared to those who followed a healthier diet. Eating junk food led to underdeveloped cognitive, behavioural and social skills in children due to lack of nutrition required by the brain to develop properly. In fact sugary foods can have the same effect on adults as well. Overdose of sugar can make your body resistant to insulin which interferes with the way your brain cells work, making you more stupid as a result.
5. Being a city dweller: Living in a city can be the reason why you suffer from poor memory, inattention and learning problems. The reason behind is that living in a city is very taxing for your brain, and your attention is divided between all the multitasking you have to do. This can lead to exhaustion, which as a result can lead to poor memory since your brain is just too tired to recall things. On the other hand, greener environments have the exact opposite effect and can help your brain in functioning more efficiently.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
i am 19 yrs old girl. off late i have diagonised with hyperthyroidism & am taking .25 mg of thyronorm medicine. I am also having problems with my periods. I had not got my periods for 1 yr. then i went to my gynac and I was on treatment for a long time. Finally I put on weight. Now I am 56 kgs and i get my periods only if take the tablets. Still it is not regularised. I was 42 kgs. earlier. And I my stomach bloats up after i eat. little gas problem alos The gastroenterologist was of no help in my gas problem. So now i am on my own trying stint like not eating any food that causes too much of gas, drinking water with ajwain in it etc. etc. which really helps to a certain extant. My main problem is i have to reduce my weight I have to look thin as before. My stomach, hips & arms are fat. I enrolled for a the weight reduction programme which was of no use. What should I do. I am really depressed. None of my cloths fit me. please help.
Wil pregnancy test work with in a week after sexual intercourse I want a good answer no menstrual cycle since the intercourse.
My periods lasted for 3 days this timw with heavy bleeding on day 2. I was passing clots in blood. Day 3 it was scanty. Usually I have 5 day periods. Is it of any concern that periods lasted for 3 days when normally I have 5 days of menses.
I hav completed my 9th mnth of pregnancy need to knw that is dere any change in the movements of the baby. Is it fast or is it normal or slow or smtym fast or slow.
Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st july morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. The hardness yet not gone. Moreover m fln gassy all the time and I cn feel sensation under my rib and back and m passing lots of gas. M worried too. finally ve taken an hpt with first morning urine at almost 12 weeks 6 days. And its negative. Can their still be risk of pregnancy? M 23 years old and come from a strict conservative family. Can I go to doctor with my mother? Their will not be any risk of pregnancy right? I have heard about cryptic pregnancy. Is it at all possible after so many hpts usgs and blood tests? I did not felt any symptoms except gas and that bone in front. Google says its common in pregnant woman. M scared, m I 100% safe?
एंजाइना पेक्टोरिस के रोग में रोगी ऐंठन का शिकार हो जाता है। इस रोग में शरीर के अंदर खून का संचार कम होने की वजह से रोगी को पूरी तरह आक्सीजन नहीं मिल पाती है।
जब रोगी के शरीर की धमनियां एकदम सख्त हो जाती है तब यह रोग पैदा होता है।
इस रोग की शुरुआत में रोगी की छाती के बीचो-बीच में तेज दर्द होता है। खासतौर पर इस तरह का दर्द व्यायाम के बाद ही होता है। कभी-कभी यह दर्द जबड़े या बांह के ऊपरी भाग में भी चला जाता है। इस रोग में रोगी को काफी घुटन महसूस होती है और उसे ऐसा लगता है कि किसी ने उसकी छाती पर कुछ भारी सामान रख दिया हो। इस रोग की पहचान के लिए रोगी की इलेक्ट्रो-कॉडियोग्राम जांच करानी अच्छी रहती है।
इस रोग के होने पर सबसे पहले रोगी को अपने ब्लड प्रेशर की जांच करा लेनी चाहिए। अगर ब्लड प्रेशर बढ़ा
हुआ तो उसे कंट्रोल करने की कोशिश करनी चाहिए। आपकी लंबाई के हिसाब से अगर आपका वजन ज्यादा हो तो वजन कम करने की कोशिश करनी चाहिए। अगर रोगी धूम्रपान करता हो तो उसे धूम्रपान तुरंत छोड़ देना चाहिए नहीं तो यह खतरनाक हो सकता है।