Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShilaYour feedback matters!
I am 2 months. I am newly married. I want to abort this child by tablets. Can 2 months pregnancy be aborted. Please help me in this.
I am 17 years old I missed my period since 42 days I had sex with my bf what is the solution for me if i'm pregnant please give me solution.
I have been trying to conceive for last 4 months. My haemoglobin, sugar,thyroid tests are normal. Married for 2 and half years. Why I am not conceiving.
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
- Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
- Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
- Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
- Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello doctors. I had unprotected sex with my bf which he came inside me last Jan 22 at 10: 30pm. Took 4 nordette as ecp jan 23 @ 4: 30am (6hrs after the deed) as first dose. I vomited at 8am in the morning. Took the 2nd dose at 4: 30pm and another 4pills jan 24 at 2pm. Total of 12 pills. I've been sick and nauseous and dizzy and tried no to vomit. My last period was Dec 27. I am normally late by a weeks sometimes. I'm scared. Will the ecp works?
Hi my age 23 unmarried i am not getting my periods regularly. When I consult doctor she prescribed me norlut-n and I got periods. When I take tablets period shows otherwise it doesn't. I have undergone HB tests thyroid and abdominal scan but the results are negative doc says it was nothing but hormonal imbalances. Iam worried it was about 3 months I got periods. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
My last period was on 5 may and today milky white discharge with this my kegs and lowe back is so pain. Is it safe or not pls help me soon.
Hi, this question is for my friend. She got her periods on 9th August so her next date was 9th September. She had unprotected intercourse on 11th and 12th of august which is supposed to be a safe day. She did not get her periods on 9th of september so she underwent hCG blood test on 21st September. And the result was negative (beta level less than 2). But till now she has not got her periods. What next steps should be taken to get ensured 100% she is not pregnant? Please guide.
I got married 6 years back and my wife got pregnant in the first year but had a miscarriage and since then she is not able to conceive. She also had a cyst which was later removed through medication but still I haven't got any positive result. So if you could please help me in this. Thank you.
Home Remedies of Tulsi
•In the case of sore throat, boil the water with Tulsi leaves and take as a drink. This water can also be used as gargle.
•Take decocotion of Tulsi leaves with honey and ginger will act as an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, cough and cold.
•To get immediate relief fom influenza, take Tulsi leaves, cloves and some salt boil it in 1/2 liter of water till only the water are left and take it as a drink.
•In case of kidney stones, take the juice of Tulsi leaves and honey regularly for 6 months it will expel the stones via urinary tract.
•Take 12 leaves of Tulsi twice a day to prevent from stress and also purifies the blood.
•To cure ulcer and mouth infections take a few Tulsi leaves and chew them for some days.
•To cure the insect stings or bites, take a teaspoonful of fresh juice of Tulsi leaves or paste of fresh roots and apply it on the effected skin.
•Consume the juice of Tulsi leaves which is the beneficial in the treatment of ringworms and other skin diseases.
•Take Tulsi leaves dry in sun and make powder, can use it for brushing teeth.
•Take Tulsi leaves mix with mustered oil and make paste. Use it as toothpaste that hepls to maintain good dental health and massage it to the gums.
•To get relief from headache take decoction of Tulsi leaves internally.
•Pound the Tulsi leaves mix it with sandal wood paste and apply it on the forehead to reduce over heat and headache.
•Take 2 drops of black Tulsi leaves juice and put into eyes daily at bedtime which is an effective remedy for sore eyes and night blindness.
•To get relief from pain due to burns, apply Tulsi juice mixed with equal amount of coconut oil on the burns.
•To get quick relief from itching apply Tulsi juice mix with lemon on the areas.
•Take paste of Tulsi, hibiscus(gurhal) and neem leaves and apply it to the hair to keep it healthy and itch free.
Sir, My wife had suffered from uterus infection from past 6 months recently her monthly cycle was stopped white water like discharge happened continuously she feels very pain full throughout day from 20 days we consulted doctor they told that go for the uterus removing surgery please suggest me is there any other possibilities of treatments for this.
Hello doctor we have planning for baby my wife period date is 30th but this month comes 23rd day what is the problem.
My wife skipped her last period which was due 10 days back. Pregnancy test is positive, we already have a 7 month old baby. We are not prepared for next at this time. Kindly advice.
Is there any method except using condoms, pills, withdrawal or any other medical methods to prevent pregnancy? I mean any natural prevention.
Hello I am 25 years female, married. I am using progesterone tablets from day 14 of cycle. Its day 31 and I started bleeding and I am still taking tabs and I had not missed any tablet. Why did my period started and shall I stop taking the tablets from now or continue it? How many days I should take progesterone for getting pregnant? please help bcoz I can't contact my doctor as of now.
After having unprotected sex and taking a ipill within 24hrs of it, and if there is no bleeding even after 5 days of taking the pill. Does it mean that the girl has conceived?
My girlfriend is 22 years old and she's not in her menstruation cycle from last 4 months. And she is fat also. She just tell me about all this. Please help me out for the same. Thank-you.
A problem pertaining to the storage function of the bladder that results in bouts of sudden, often uncontrollable urge to urinate is referred to as an overactive bladder. This condition which is marked by unconditioned or involuntary loss of urine can sometimes be quite difficult to stop. People who experience such a condition often feel humiliated and as such tend to limit their social and work life. Despite such, only a few are conscious that a brief evaluation can help them manage and overcome an overactive bladder.
Mechanism of Urination
During urination, the urine proceeds from the bladder and flows into the urethra which is located at the tip of the penis in men and above the vagina in women. As the bladder fills, the nerve signals in the brain prompts urination by coordinating the relaxation and contraction of the urinary sphincter muscles.
Causes and Symptoms of an Overactive Bladder
Primarily caused due to involuntary contraction and relaxation of sphincter muscles, several conditions can lead to overactive bladder.
Some of them are:
1. Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's and other neurological disorders
2. Poor kidney function due to diabetes
3. Medications that lead to increased production of urine
4. Bladder abnormalities like tumors or stones
6. Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
Some of the common signs of an overactive bladder are:
1. Bouts of sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate
2. Awakening at night frequently to urinate
3. Urinating more than eight times a day
The risk of an overactive bladder gradually increases with age. Conditions, such as diabetes and an enlarged prostate results in the increased likelihood of an overactive bladder. People who have previously faced strokes and heart attacks experience cognitive decline, which often times lead to the development of an overactive bladder.
Urinary incontinence as well as a host of associated factors can be detrimental to your life. Emotional distress, interrupted sleep cycles and depression are some of the observed complications of this condition.
Thus if you experience or entertain suspicion of an overactive bladder, you should consider visiting a general physician who might refer you to a specialist, if need be.