Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shikha Gupta
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha GuptaYour feedback matters!
I had black patches on my teeth. I visited a doctor and I was recommend scaling. I got scaling done and now when I drink tea, teeth gives acute pain. What should I have to do.
2. Floss daily to remove food particles caught in teeth
3.Eat a balanced diet
4.Schedule regular dental checkups for cleaning and oral examination.
Parotid gland swelling very small with very slight pain and pricking sensation. Already has once which was visible but treated with antibiotics. Occasionally smoking.
Sir/madam, my father's teeth decreased their sharpness (especially molars i. E. Uppr n lowr jaw teeth) and eating anything results pain after several chewing. please suggest any paste or gel to be used to cure this.
I'm 28 years old girl. Can I apply braces to my teeth. Is invisible braces good and what is it's cost?
Maintaining good oral hygiene is very simple if you follow these basic tips and incorporate some healthy habits in your daily routine. A little care goes a long way in ensuring that your smile stays bright and your teeth stay strong. A healthy smile resides in a healthy body. Value your smile and follow these simple tips for your oral health.
- Going to the dentist at least twice a year is the best preventive measure that you can take to spot anything unusual going on in your mouth or jaws.
- Brushing twice daily with a fluoridated toothpaste is very important for healthy, cavity-free teeth. Don't aim to simply scrub your teeth, rather clean them gently using proper brushing technique.
- Many people don't consider Flossing to be essential for oral health but if you don't floss, you miss cleaning almost 35% of your tooth surfaces. If you're unaware of the technique, ask your dentist to demonstrate it for you.
- If you often find food particles getting stuck between your teeth, use an interdental brush or floss but Don't ever dig in using a toothpick. It leads to gum recession.
- Using a frayed, worn out toothbrush for your teeth is as good as not brushing at all. Make sure you change your toothbrush after every 3 months. Keep it at least 6ft away from the toilet area. Keep it dry as a wet toothbrush attracts bacterial growth and clean it ocasionally by washing it with warm water to get rid of the bacteria.
- The tongue plays an important role in reducing bad breath but it is often forgotten while brushing. Keep your tongue clean and scrape off all food debris using a tongue cleaner.
- Having a good diet is equally vital for your oral health as it is for your overall health. Include healthy, Vitamin C rich citrus fruits in your diet as they are highly beneficial for your gum health. Consume plenty of water and fluids to keep yourself hydrated. It also helps in reducing the incidence of mouth ulcers. Avoid taking excess of aerated drinks/soda.
Hello sir/madam good evening to you. My problem is my teeth are normal pale yellow many times to wash hardly but not good result how to reduce that problem in home? Please advise.
Hello sir i have a one problem on open my mouth please so help, me which type use medicine yaa other activities can be I will open full space on my mouth I will take gutka ane tamaku. please give good ans give me.
Various measures to maintain the right oral hygiene
Hi! I am doctor Diksha Batra from Smile Essentials, the topic for the day is a question that is usually asked, how do I keep my teeth, clean doctor? This is a common question so we decided to come up with 4 easy quick steps for you to look after your beautiful smile Step 1 is a simple thing called flossing but none of us really do it. Flossing is cleaning in between your teeth, it really becomes difficult to use a thread so we recommend a device which is called a disposable plastic. A disposable plastic is a simple device like a toothpick but it is actually better than that. So it is used to clean between teeth to solve all your problems with cavities, gum diseases or even bad breath. Once flossing is done all the loose food debris is dislodged and now you can move to step 2.Step 2 is brushing, all of us do recommend brushing twice a day, once in the day and once at night. We do recommend choosing the right toothbrush, it has to be a toothbrush with soft bristles.
We recommend using a motorized brush as the best mode of cleaning your teeth but if you are using a manual brush the bristles should be soft. We are often asked which toothpaste to be used? The toothpaste can be any toothpaste but it should have a gel component as well as a paste component to protect your teeth not only from cavities but also from gum diseases. Use fluoride which protects your teeth from cavities. Step 3 is tongue cleaning, this is one of the most important steps in prevention of bad breath. Tongue cleaning can be done with either a metal or plastic tongue cleaner just ensure that all the white deposit on the tongue is removed completely. These are the bacterial disease that causes halitosis or bad breath Step 4, of course, is mouthwash, use a diluted mouthwash with one cap mouthwash and one glass of water, make sure to use an alcohol-free product.
Besides these four points please ensure that you are replacing your toothbrush every 3-4 months and make sure that you rinse twice a day even if you can't manage to brush. Also ensure that you are rinsing after every meal, also make sure that you get a dental cleaning every six months to detect any new cavities and to even ensure that there is no gum disease. With this we say that these are the 4 simple steps to maintain 32 teeth and a beautiful smile.
This is doctor Diksha Batra once again from Smile Essentials.