Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shifakhan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShifakhanYour feedback matters!
In today’s world, when you go to meet someone casually, or for an interview may be, the first thing that people will notice is your looks. The world has become very shallow; here your packaging matters than the content. And looking it positively we can make out that one doesn’t get to know about your inner beauty until he comes to talk to you or spend time with you, and to do that your looks should be capable of bringing people to you.
For maintaining this good look and personality you need to take efforts. You don’t need to take too many efforts so as to look like a supermodel, but some simple things and precautions to get a good look, a good personality and a healthier, prettier you!
Focusing initially on the looks of your face, you don’t need going to parlor every now and then or continuously applying tons of makeup on your face. You need to wash your face at least four times a day with a face wash, the one with natural ingredients.
Then resort to simple makeup like cream, powder, natural mascara, some lip gloss, simple accessories. For hair care, apply oil before washing and don’t use conditioner very frequently, and comb your hair at least twice a day. Don’t be stressed, it reflects on your face and body.
You don’t just need to look healthy but also feel healthy, for that the first thing you should start with is some yoga and meditation for 10-15 minutes along with your daily work out of at least 30 minutes. Working out doesn’t really help if along with that you keep eating like a baby elephant. You need to be on a healthy diet, not the starving diet.
The important thing in diet is to eat, but eat less and eat in regular intervals of like 2 hours, and whatever you eat should be less of oil, fat and spice. Don’t cut off on anything, just reduce the quantity, as everything is essential for body, the body even needs fats in proper quantity but not more than that. And try to eat salad, sprouts, and juices whenever you’re hungry. Also chew your food properly and try to avoid processed food as far as possible.
Following these simple things you’ll not look good but will also start feeling good. And when you feel good, only good things will happen with you. Also keep smiling, that’s the best way to look and feel good.
My wife have due pregnancy Last month January how can start her pregnancy any Medicine tell me name.
I take a medicine that was unwanted 72 and after that I had heavy period but from last 4 month I have no period so please.
I HAVE DONE hysterectomy IN SEPTEMBER, 2014 AND NOW I AM NEARLY 50 YRS. I WANT SUGGESTION FOR SEX LIFE MY HUSBAND IS DIABETIC.
I am a 27 year old female I HV 8 months baby by normal delivery. But now I have hair loss problem what should I do?
I had intimate moment with my last bf and bleeding was high after intercourse on 30april I am getting married is there any Chances of bleed again. Or rough sex can led to bleeding at this time.
Alcohol Consumption During Pregnancy
In today's world, it is fairly common for women to drink alcohol at various social get togethers. Women are keen to know the effects of social drinking on their pregnancy and have a lot of queries regarding the same during and after the pregnancy is over.
How do we measure alcoholic drinks?
Alcohol is traditionally measured in units.One unit of alcohol is defined as 10 ml of pure ethanol in UK, and as 10 grams (12.7 ml) in Australia.One unit is the amount of alcohol the average adult can process within an hour. This means that if the average adult drinks a drink with one unit of alcohol in it, within an hour there should in theory be no alcohol left in their bloodstream, but that length of time could differ depending on a person's body size.
The alcohol content in drinks is also expressed as a percentage of the whole drink. If you take a look at the label of a bottle of wine or a can of lager you will see either a percentage, followed by the abbreviation 'ABV' which stands for alcohol by volume, or sometimes just the word 'vol'. So, wine that says '13 ABV' on its label contains 13% pure alcohol.
An average bottle of wine is about 12% strength. A bottle of whisky is about 40% strength. The higher the percentage, the more alcohol a drink has in it. A glass of whisky, therefore, is stronger than a glass of wine.
One must keep in mind that drinks poured at home tend to be larger measures than those provided in pubs and restaurants.
The maximum number of units of alcohol permitted for a non-pregnant woman is
14 units per week.
- Light drinking is defined as under 2 units a day.
- Heavy drinking is defined as over 6 units a day.
Binge drinking is having more than 5 units on any single occasions. This may make you drunk faster and more prone to unprotected sex, infections and accidents. Hence binge drinking is considered more harmful.
How does alcohol affect pregnancy?
The alcohol gets absorbed from a woman's stomach into her blood and then passes into the baby's blood through the placenta and umbilical cord. When a woman is drinking regularly during her pregnancy, it can disrupt the baby's normal development in the uterus.
Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can affect not only the way the baby develops in the uterus but also her health at birth and the baby's susceptibility to illness in infancy, childhood, adolescence and adult life. Some children born to heavily alcoholic mothers may experience learning difficulties in their adult life.
The effects of drinking alcohol are most harmful for the baby when a woman drinks just before and during early pregnancy. When she cuts down or stops drinking at any point during pregnancy, it can make a positive difference to the baby's growth. However, sometimes once the damage has been done, it cannot be reversed.
If you are a heavy drinker and then stop drinking immediately, you could experience side effects such as withdrawal, delirium and other difficulties. So if you want to stop drinking, you should discuss this first with your doctor, who will be able to help you to manage any side effects.
How much is safe to drink during pregnancy?
We do not have very clear understanding as to the absolute amount which is safe during pregnancy so to avoid even the minimum harm to the baby we recommend not to drink at all during pregnancy or while you are trying for a baby.
If at all you do drink, you should:
1) not drink more than a safe amount, which is defined as not more than one or two units, not more than once or twice per week .
2) avoid binge drinking and becoming drunk.
3) Try and pour your own drinks so you know exactly how much alcohol has gone into your glass.
4) preferably drink at home.
What happens if you are drinking too much during your pregnancy?
If you are drinking more than two units on more than two occasions a week, then there is an increased risk of:
- miscarriage (associated with more than 6 units of alcohol per day)
- stillbirth at any gestational age
- poor growth and development of the baby in the womb. It may even affect the baby's brain development which cannot be reversed later on.
- the baby may be born too early or too small.
- the baby being affected with a physical disability after birth or having learning difficulties.
- the baby may be more susceptible to illness later on in adult life.
After birth a baby born to a heavily alcoholic mother can have various learning difficulties, low academic achievement, behavior or, psychiatric problems and physical disabilities.
What is fetal alcohol syndrome?
It is a very uncommon syndrome and does not occur unless the woman drinks very heavily throughout pregnancy (over 6 units a day). Once the baby is born, there is no cure for fetal alcohol syndrome.A diagnosis of fetal alcohol syndrome is made only after the baby's birth.
What is fetal alcohol spectrum disorder?
Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder is a milder form of fetal alcohol syndrome and occurs when a woman drinks more than 2 units a day during her pregnancy.
Whether or not a baby is affected mildly or severely with FASD is directly linked to how much and how often a woman drinks during her pregnancy. If drinking is reduced and a woman stays within the recommended limit, some of the potentially damaging effects can be reversed. The baby will begin to grow normally in the womb.
What happens if you or your partner drink too much before you are pregnant?
If you are planning a pregnancy, it is advisable to stay within a safe limit during this time. Alcohol can adversely affect a woman and a man's ability to conceive and may lead to early miscarriage.
However one single episode of binge drinking around the time of conception is not likely to be harmful to a woman or her baby.
heavy drinking is known to be associated with a low sperm count. If your husband is drinking heavily, you may find it more difficult to conceive as a couple.
Even when you are breastfeeding you should ideally not drink at all or keep to less than two units as alcohol is excreted in breast milk and may affect the baby's development.
Modern hectic schedule at home as well as workplace has led to the popularity of strategic snacking. Nutrition and Snacking habits have a direct relation on energy level, mental sharpness and motivation. One must identify the right snacks that will not only fill one up without triggering the craving for more snacks.
A snack is considered to be healthy if it is packed with nutrients and its calorie level lie between 100 and 150 calories. Strategic snacking is a great way to keep a check on one's appetite maintaining the energy levels keeping the body balanced.
The following ten snacks are a powerhouse of nutrients which will keep one full and satisfied:
- In order to have a 100 calorie nut pack, make packs of 15 to 20 Almonds, Walnuts or Pistachios. The nuts are rich in protein, fiber and cholesterol-lowering unsaturated fats, which makes one feel full and have powerful antioxidants, like vitamin E.
- One can try out one medium-size raw sliced red pepper or, twelve pods of sugar snap peas or baby carrots with a snack-size 2-ounce container of hummus.
- A cup of high protein yogurt, blueberries, cherries, raspberries or strawberries will give 50 calories coupled with 100 calories worth 6 ounces of nonfat yogurt.
- Nutri bars comprise of protein, fibre and healthy fats and a single bar can give 150 calories per bar. They contain nuts and dried fruit, which help minimize the calories keeping the belly full for a longer period.
- Apples and peanut butter are high in fibre and peanut butter is high in protein and unsaturated fat and spoonful of peanut butter can stabilize blood sugar and quell hunger.
- Light cheese is packed with protein, which our body digests slowly so it helps one to stay full for hours. Most cheese packs contain a lot of fat and calories, so only light cheese recommended as it provides 150 calories and 18 grams of protein.
- Avocados are full of Omega-3 fats and antioxidants and having an avocado with a sprinkle of olive oil and sea salt will last for the whole afternoon.
- Multigrain corn tortilla chips are made with stone ground corn, flaxseed, quinoa, brown rice and chia seeds which are digested very slowly helping belly to stay full for a longer duration.
- The serving of five to ten Olives is a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E, which reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
It is extremely important these snacks proportioned so that one does not have to count or measure them while at work. These will keep one's belly full reducing the hunger urges and moreover, these are healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.