Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShifakhanYour feedback matters!
My serum prolactin level is high .is it very big problem for me? And wht is the treatment to improve it? Can it cause any problem in my pregnancy aftr 1 or 2 years what should I do to maintain this problem.
I had sex on 10 june and I had my periods on 12 june with normal flow and for normal 4 days. What are chances of pregnancy and I had my periods in may on 5 may and in this month awaited. Plzzz guide me I am so much tensed and plzz tell me the MTP cost so if I pregnant then I can arrange the money please answer my questions please.
My wife had her mensuration cycle over in wednesday. On thursday afternoon we had sex n I accidentally inserted my sperms into her, she went n peed right away n told that very little blood came out. Late that night we again had sex n I again accidentally inserted my sperms into her. She again went n peed right away telling that the sperm was out. Early morning on sunday she took unwanted 72 empty stomach, (from the 65th hour of first sex ). Its been monday today n so is there any possibility of her getting pregnant.
First month completed of pregnancy my wife's vomiting are not stopping. Whichever she eats it comes out. Is this normal in these days or she has to take medicine.
Hi doctor am 31 years married for 17 months, I dint get my period and my last period was 23rd may, and v r planning for baby and wen can I test my pregnancy, can I have intercourse with my partner, is it safe now? Please reply. Thanks and regards.
My wife is in doubt of pregnancy. She had not got date since 20 days. And if she does not want to pregnancy what she do?
My daughter is 19 years old and is suffering from PCOD. She has been on tablet Deviry 10 mg since 1.5 years. Without medication she does not get her periods. Is it ok to continue with medication like this for a long duration? Does it have adverse effects? Should we go in for some other treatment route?
I am 5th week pregnent, till now I was taking 75 mcg. How much I need to take now. If I increase will there be any problem to my fetus, please advise.
Tobacco harms people around you even if they don't smoke.
Quit tobacco, save your children.
What is secondhand smoke?
Secondhand smoke is the term doctors use for the smoke that people who do not smoke breathe in from other people's smoking. Another term for secondhand smoke is" environmental tobacco smoke"
Does secondhand smoke cause health problems in children?
Yes. Studies have shown that secondhand smoke from people smoking in the home can cause health problems in children. These problems are worse if both parents smoke.
What health problems can secondhand smoke cause in children?
Secondhand smoke increases the chance of children having the following health problems:
●Breathing symptoms, such as coughing, coughing up mucus, or wheezing (noisy breathing)
●Lung infections, such as bronchitis and pneumonia – these infections can be especially serious in babies and young children.
●Asthma – asthma is a lung condition that makes it hard to breathe. It doesn't cause symptoms all the time. But when symptoms flare up, children wheeze, cough, or get a tight feeling in their chest.
●The lungs not growing normally during childhood
●Hearing loss (later in childhood)
Later on as adults, children who grew up with secondhand smoke are more likely to get:
●Other types of cancers
Also, children who grow up with parents who smoke are more likely to take up smoking themselves.
What if my child already has asthma?
If your child already has asthma, secondhand smoke can make his or her symptoms worse or severe. Also, secondhand smoke causes children with asthma to need their asthma medicines or go to the hospital more often.
Can secondhand smoke affect an unborn baby?
Yes. If a woman (who doesn't smoke) lives in a home with secondhand smoke, her baby has a higher chance of weighing less than normal at birth.
What problems can happen if a woman smokes during pregnancy?
Women who smoke during pregnancy have a higher chance of having a miscarriage, which is when a pregnancy ends on its own before the baby can live outside the womb.
When a woman smokes during pregnancy, her baby has a higher chance of:
●Being born too early
●Not growing as much as normal in the uterus (womb)
●Being born with a birth defect
●Dying from sudden infant death syndrome (called" sids") later on – sids is when a baby dies suddenly during sleep for no known reason.
Is it enough to just make a smoke-free room in my home?
No. If you want to help your child's health, you need to make your whole home smoke-free. You also need to make your car smoke-free. It will not help enough to make a smoke-free room or to smoke at home only when your child is not there. Also, using an air cleaner will not help.
What should I do if I want to quit smoking?
If you want to quit smoking, think of the letters in the word" start" they can help you remember the steps to take:
S = set a quit date.
T = tell family, friends, and the people around you that you plan to quit.
A = anticipate or plan ahead for the tough times you'll face while quitting.
R = remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your home, car, and work.
T = talk to your doctor or nurse about getting help to quit.
Your doctor or nurse can help you in different ways. He or she can:
●Put you in touch with a counselor – a counselor can help you figure out what triggers your smoking and what you can do instead.
●Prescribe medicines to help you quit smoking.
Some medicines reduce your craving for cigarettes. Others reduce unpleasant symptoms (called" withdrawal symptoms') that happen when you stop smoking.
My wife had her period last time on 29-jan-2015, she is 42 and i'm 50. A pregnancy test carried out on 15-04-2015 resulted negative. In her last periods she had to take primolute n. Is she pregnant?
I am a diabetic, I have thyroid ,my periods are 11 months once .I want to conceive so what can I do please help.
I am a 25 year female and I had an abortion in may, then for 4 weeks bleeding was there from then regular period continued. Now from 10 days bleeding is excess. Please help to get out of the problem.
I often think of having anal sex with my partner. Pl guide is it safe and pleasurable.. My penis gets more erected for anal than regular vaginal intercourse. Please advice.
What is the symptoms of a woman get pregnant in starting stage, how we know or she know. Pls explain.
1. Get a goodnight's sleep -" poor sleep takes a toll on everything, from your job performance to your daily chores, and especially your memory, says Dr. Adarsh kumar, internal medicine, national heart institute. Sleep is a key time for the brain to solidify the connections between neurons, thus helping us remember more of our tasks. Rule of thumb: get 7-8 hours of sleep everyday. And yes, naps count. Experts are of the opinion that if you do only one thing to improve your memory, getting more sleep should be it. If you have trouble sleeping fast, drink a warm cup of milk a half hour before hitting the sheets. Yes, this age-old remedy actually works. Now stop staring at the ceiling, and slip into slumber.
2. Jog your memory - literally. Exercise increases your heart rate which gets blood flowing to your brain, thus keeping your memory sharp. Running, swimming, biking - any form of exercise - for at least 30 minutes helps enlarge the hippocampus, which is regarded as the'memory center of the brain. In fact, physical activities that require hand-eye coordination or complex motor skills are particularly beneficial for brain building. If you don't have time for a full workout, squeeze in a 10-minute walk around the block in your schedule or a few jumping jacks. It's enough to reboot your brain.
3. Quit multitasking - can't find your keys? it's probably because you weren't paying attention when you put them down. When you're juggling too many things, you're bound to forget. As it turns out, the brain doesn't actually multitask. Instead, it switches focus from one thing to the other, which is why it is difficult to read a book and hold a conversation at the same time. Multitasking will slow you down, so make it a point to concentrate on the task at hand. It's crucial. Studies suggest to say it out loud" I left my keys on the dresser, etc. So the brain can process it. Your brain actually need about eight seconds to commit a piece of information to your memory, so if you're talking on the phone and carrying groceries when you put down your car keys, you're unlikely to remember where you left them.
4. Go back to your roots - ashwagandha, a go-to choice in ayurvedic medicine, is known for promoting memory since it helps prevent nerve cell damage. Dr. Ashutosh gautam, clinical operations and coordination manager at baidyanath says" ashwagandha can be taken in the form of powder or tablet. It also improves the brain's memory functions like attention and concentration, hence helping with the symptoms of parkinson's, alzheimer's and other neuro degenerative diseases. Fish oil, has also been associated with encouraging the growth of neurons and lowering the risk of dementia. Fish oil contains dha, an omega-3 fatty acid which helps improve your memory power.
5. Use mnemonic devices - mnemonic devices are tools which help you memorize in an easier format - words, lists, concepts.
Acronyms: they are basically abbreviations used a word to help you jog your memory. For example: cart can be carrots, apples, raspberries and tomatoes, which can be used to remember your grocery list.
Rhymes: if you need to remember a name, get creative" mary loves cherry" or" simon is a fireman.
Acrostics: these are life savers during exams, especially. Whenever you need to mug up a sentence, combine the initial letters and use as a memory cue. For example: how we all remembered the 9 planets during childhood" my very educated mother just showed us nine planets.
6. Get organized - if your house is in a mess, you're more likely to forget things. Jot down tasks, declutter your home and note down appointments. Set aside a particular place at home to keep your keys, and limit distractions. Live by to-do lists, keep them upto date and check off the items you've completed. Physically writing down new information actually helps reinforce it.
7. Meditation is key - according to a 2015 study from the ucla brain mapping center, the brain starts to decline in your 20s and continues to decrease both in size and volume. Meditating regularly delays cognitive decline and prevents neurodegenerative diseases like dementia, alzheimer's and parkinson's. Meditation produces a positive charge in the brain's gray matter overtime, which is important for memory, learning and self-awareness. In addition, meditation has been shown to reduce stress, which can do a number on memory.
8. Stay mentally active - note: crossword puzzles and sudoku are your new best friend. Challenge your brain, take a different route to work, learn a new language, read a section of the newspaper you usually skip, do things out of the ordinary. Stay engaged, because mentally stimulating activities help keep your brain in shape - and might even keep memory loss at bay. People who are cognitively active have better memory as they age, it's true. So quiz yourself, flex your brain and improve your memory power.
9. Balance your stress - chronic stress and depression, both contribute to memory loss and the destruction of brain cells. One of the best things you can do is to laugh. Yes, it's that simple. Laughter engaged multiple regions of the brain and simultaneously reduces stress. Social interaction also helps ward off depression and stress, so look for opportunities to get together with family, loved ones, friends and work colleagues. When you're invited to share a meal or attend an event, go!
10. Food for thought - did you know that the brain is an energy hungry organ? despite comprising only 2% of the body's weight, the brain gobbles up more than 20% of daily energy intake. So a healthy diet might be as good for your brain as it is for your overall health, and eating right may in fact be more important than you think. After all, you are what you eat. The brain demands a constant supply of glucose which is obtained from recently eaten carbohydrates like whole grains, fruits and greens. Because when the glucose level drops, it results in confused thinking. No, this does not give you the license to slurp on sugary drinks. Instead eat throughout the day to optimize brain power- not too much, not too little. Memory superfoods include antioxidant-rich, colorful fruits, green leafy vegetables and whole grains which protect your brain from harmful free radicals. Choose low-fat protein sources such as fish and drink at least 8 glasses of water daily since dehydration can lead to memory loss and confusion.
Vitamin c and b: vitamin c, found in citrus fruits, is associated with mental agility, whereas vitamin b is known to guard against age-related brain shrinkage and cognitive impairment. Load up on blackcurrants, fish, green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, peanuts, sesame seeds and eggs to rev up your brain power.
Nuts and seeds: a handful of seeds and nuts may help improve your memory power significantly. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with zinc that play a great role in sharpening your memory. Brain-shaped walnuts are a good source of omega-3 and other essential nutrients crucial for brain functioning and memory skills. Sunflower seeds are good sources of vitamin e, just sprinkle them on top of your salad to give your brain a boost. Even peanuts are packed with vitamin e, a potent antioxidant. Almonds and hazelnuts also help boost memory.
Berries: blueberries are the top source of substances called anthocyanins which are brain-boosting antioxidants. Eating blueberries daily can help combat against the onset of short term memory loss. Even strawberries, when consumed regularly can help delay age-related memory decline.
Green vegetables: broccoli, kale, collard greens, spinach - all green vegetables are full of iron, vitamin e, k and b9 (folate), and phytonutrients like vitamin c which are extremely important for brain cell development. Vitamin k is known to be helpful in cognitive enhancement and increasing mental alertness.
Avocados: enriched with vitamin e, avocados are loaded with antioxidants which help in keeping the brain healthy and alert. Creamy avocados are also associated with lowering the risk of alzheimer's.
Tomatoes: tomatoes are a good source of lycopene which acts against brain cell degeneration and aids in the maintenance and production of new brain cells.
Whole grains: whole grains are considered to be the powerhouse of energy and help you focus better. On consuming fiber-rich whole grains, energy is released in the body in the form of sugar which assists the brain in functioning properly, keeping us alert.
Fish: omega-3 fatty acids as well as dha and epa are essential for healthy brain functioning as well as for healthy brain neurons. Include salmon, mackerel, tuna and other fish in your diet. Vegetarian? you can substitute with soybean oil and flaxseed oil.
Red wine: resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant, predominantly present in red wine protects against cell damage and alzheimer's disease. So, consuming a glass of red wine a day may actually keep memory loss at bay.
My spouse recently became pregnant. Will her pregnancy destroy if I do vaginal sex with her at this time?
My friend has 40 day pregnancy doubt But 3 time urine test positive lab. And strip test both But in sonography at 40 day negative results seen What the probability of pregnancy What she do.Please tell.
I am 29yrs old lady with complaints of pcod and hypothyroidism. I dont have child and its 3yrs of our marriage. Tell me doctor what all are treatments for this diseases.
1. Lead in drinking water is absorbed more completely than lead in food
2. It account for more than 50 percent of the lead that is ingested by children
3. Municipal water supplies are controlled and regulated to prevent contamination at the source
4. However, once the water reaches the home, it is rarely regulated, tested, or treated.
5. EPA action level for lead in water is 15 parts per billion (ppb).
6. Most lead-contamination of household water is caused by copper plumbing that is joined with lead solder
7. Lead pipes may contribute to lead-contamination, but lead plumbing usually is old enough to have its inner surface coated with mineral deposits, which prevent leaching of lead into the water supply.
8. Other potential sources for lead contamination include storage cisterns, sources of water that are outside the municipal water districts, and aging water coolers and water heaters, particularly in areas where the water has a relatively low pH
9. Acidity and elevated temperature increase the ability of the water to leach lead from the solder or pipes, as does standing in the pipes for extended periods of time (eg, overnight).
10. The ability of home water filters or purifiers to remove lead depends upon the type of filter. Ion-exchange, reverse-osmosis filters, and distillation are effective in removing lead, but the most commonly available home filters (glass fiber and carbon) usually include packaging material that specifies that they do not efficiently remove heavy metals.Water to be used for cooking or drinking should come from the cold tap because hot water is more able to leach lead from the pipes. In addition, the water should be run for some time before it is collected; this flushes the water that has a higher lead content (caused by standing in the pipes) down the drain