Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShifakhanYour feedback matters!
Couple having sex and using condoms for 5 years and after that they plan to have a child and they do sex without using condom, so can it cause major effect of doing sex for 5 years with the help of condom.
My gf is having scanty bleeding and her periods are late but she is having scanty bleeding. We have done prega pregnancy test and it showed negative. Is there any chance for pregnancy?
Bread is a very versatile food variant and finds its place on most breakfast platters. Be it white, brown or whole grain, mass produced quality or home-baked artisan kind, bread is almost indispensable in modern Indian household. There has been incessant debate over which carries the most health benefits and nutritional value, read on to explore…
Why brown or whole wheat bread is good for you?
1. Whole wheat grain
Flour is prepared from wheat berries made out of the bran, the germ and the endosperm they in combination are filled with nutrients. Whole grain or wheat bread intake decreases LDL, or the bad cholesterol, it also helps you retain a healthy body weight due to low carbohydrate content and has a lower glycaemic index that keeps your blood sugar steady.
2. Smooth bowel movements
The fibrous quality provides you relief from irritable bowel syndrome. The bran and germ improves your bowel by increasing the bulk of stools, making it easier to pass through the intestines. If you are prescribed laxative medications all you need to do is have enough brown or wheat bread.
3. Nutrients and vitamins
Breads labelled whole grain contain a large amount of nutrients. One of the most important features of brown bread is that it contains most of B vitamins -including riboflavin, thiamine and niacin -- that helps your body acquire energy from food. Whole wheat breads are also rich in vitamins E, K, pantothenic acid and folate.
Tip – With only a slight difference in taste and texture, wheat bread adds as a great accompaniment with any dish. You can even double it up as a healthy sandwich by adding fresh veggies and cottage cheese, with only minimal preparation.
Why white bread is bad for you?
1. Low fibre content
White bread is low in fibre, an essential in lowering your levels of bad cholesterol and checks the smooth functioning of your gastrointestinal tract. An average slice of white bread consists only 0.5 grams of fibre with the whole wheat bread providing up to 2 grams of fibre.
2. Refined grains
The whole grain is stripped of all its bran and germ for it to be refined where it loses all elements that hold fibre, magnesium, zinc, vitamins and minerals. White bread is made from these refined grains. Even though bread-makers attempt to add some vitamins back in, fibrous whole grains prove to be the clear winner.
3. High glycemic index
This index measures how rapidly food affects your blood sugar and insulin levels compared to pure glucose. White bread has a high glycaemic index due to which it gets rapidly absorbed during digestion, causing sharp spikes in blood sugar and insulin levels. A diet comprising of high-glycaemic foods increases your chances of weight gain, type-2 diabetes and heart problems.
Replace the white bread with the equally tasty, wheat-made variant to score high on the fitness meter!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Erection not happening from last 10 days .need to have immediate solution on this as we are planning for baby.
Hi doctor I am trying for pregnancy since 1 and year but my bad luck I have not conceived yet. Recently I have done my blood test my fertility profile details : luteinizing hormone 8.68 miu/ml Follicle stimulating : 7.45 Prolactin chemiluminescence : 41.30 ng/ml Thyroid stimulating 4.15 mciu/ml. Doctor has told tat I have some fertility problem can you pls tell me I can be pregnant I am very afraid about it and also should I take thyroid tablets. Please answer me.
Hello madam and sir. I am 23 year old. I am unmarried. I am suffering from pcod disease and I face many problems like that irregular period, pimple acne, some unwanted hair. My scan report both the ovaries are enlarged in size approx vol 16 cc both sides and shows multiple small 5 mm peripheral cysts culdesac is clear. And how to cure the pcod or medicine. And tell me diet of pcod. I do not take juck food, fried food or cold drink. Or I do yoga and running everyday so pls suggest me cure of pcod.
recently my wife suffers from 4th miscarriage the problem was the baby's spinal cord was not properly built up it was 3 month baby Dr. was saying that sometimes it happens with hormonal imbalance so how can we stable our hormonal imbalance.
I am getting some white stuff from my vagina walls. Not the fruit but its like mud when we rub our hands. When I clean my vagina wall I found white stuff. What is it.
I am 26 years old m having itching on back chest and vaginal area. And back pain, chest pain. What should i do?
My blood is AB positive and My wife's blood is A negative. Our marriage date ia May2015 We have no any child. MC of my wife is not on fix date. December= 25 January= 20 Februaey= 14 she was suffering in Liver problem in January. We want a child yet. Gyconologist has given an injection for negative blood. Please help me. Thanks.
Hello, I have one small doubt. That is how we can avoid pregnancy after sex? And which tablets will work?
I had done sex for 10 times with a married women who had a child of 03 years. Whether ill suffer from any STD. Please help me with this.
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.