Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shifa Khan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shifa KhanYour feedback matters!
Being overweight doesn't stop you from getting pregnant but if not managed properly, the excess kilos can have quite a few side effects. Amongst these are an increased risk to infections, gestational diabetes, labor issues and premature birth. Losing weight in the first and last trimester is normal as long as the weight loss is not drastic. Here are a few simple tips to help manage weight during pregnancy effectively.
1. Eat frequent, small meals: Pregnant women are often advised to eat for two. Instead of piling food onto a plate three times a day, break your meals down into smaller bites at more frequent intervals. Eating every two hours is a healthy habit to inculcate. Along with helping maintain portion sizes, this also makes digestion more comfortable.
2. Avoid empty calories: When faced with a choice between fruits and chips, choose the former. Pregnancy cravings are normal but eating a tub of ice cream does not give your body or your baby any nutrition and only lead to unnecessary weight gain. Avoid anything with added sugar and solid fat like soft drinks, fried food, cheese and desserts. These can easily be replaced by fresh juices, nuts, yogurt and fruit sorbets. Also try avoiding caffeine.
3. Drink plenty of water: Apart from preventing dehydration, drinking water also helps in weight maintenance. Filling your stomach with water reduces hunger and thus leads to lesser snacking. Water is also known to increase metabolism.
4. Exercise: Regulating your food intake is only one half of weight maintenance. The second half is regular exercise. Consult your doctor to create a workout regime suited to you. If you were a regular gym enthusiast before pregnancy, there should be no reason to stop now but if you lead a sedentary life before pregnancy don't try and start an intensive gym routine. Light yoga, walking, swimming and cycling are great exercise options for pregnant women.
5. Take your prenatal vitamins regularly: Prenatal vitamins are an essential source of the extra nutrition your body needs during pregnancy. While this can in no way replace meals, it should never be missed out. Prenatal vitamins also help maintain weight by giving your body the nutrition it needs without the accompanied calorie and thus can also help maintain pregnancy weight.
The key to maintaining weight during pregnancy is to know your body's requirements and address them properly. For this reason, it is very important to consult a doctor or a dietitian to help understand your calorie needs.
Hi. I have been delayed with my mensuration cycle for 4 days of this month annd yet have no symptoms. I had an protected intercourse before 5 days dur for my period. Can someone help me out why my cycle is been delayed?
Sir me and my gf were getting close and v both were wearing underwear and I also put condom after then when I eject but I ejected outside. After then I went to toilet and urine there. after then my girlfriend was excited she gave me a blow job and there I saw some pre-cum or pre ejection was there. I clean it from other cloth and some how it touched my finger also then I clean the finger from cloth after 1-2 min I started fingering her is their any chance of pregnancy .and also I she took unwanted 72 pill as she was in tensions of getting pregnant. So is their any side effect of that. Please help.
My wife, is not interested in sex, she has back pain after pregnancy, also her vagina opening is very tight, pls advice, as its very frustrating and feel very very upset, and due to her this nature, its effecting in my work also? She is a working lady.
I am 17 years old female. My weight is increasing too much fastly. Many precaution I tried but nothing helped me. Even I'm getting frustrated day by day what can I do now, what disease I'm suffering from?
I have never taken any type of tablets for sex, eg viagra I was just thinking to take just once to get the experience how its work? can you suggest what type of care I have to take at time of taking this tablets? at a time how many tablets I can take and before how many hours I have to take this tablets, without food or with food etc etc please help.
Me n my bf get intimated two months ago. He rubbed his pennis on my vagina. He is not sure abt the cum and pre cum tht it is left inside or not. And unfortunately we were not using protection. After ths in next month I get my periods late by one week but before ths I get my periods on tym only nt a single day delay. N now in ths month m still waiting for my periods 10days are up. please help me out. M I pregnant. N how can I get periods suggest me some pills plzz need your guidelines very much worried plzz.
For busy professionals who are used to juggling different activities along with a hectic full-time job, staying fit can be a challenge. This is essentially due to a lack of consistency in sticking to a good fitness and diet plan. Here are some smart suggestions on how you can stay healthy even when you are busy.
5 diet and fitness tips for busy people
Integrate activity into your everyday life
Vigorous exercise is important. However, if your hectic schedule leaves you with no time to hit the gym, you can try integrating some activity in the course of the day for increasing your productivity and staying fit.
Take a walk when you are conversing on the phone.
Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
Take short breaks and step away from the workstation.
Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.
Eat healthily and on time
Foods which are low in nutritional value and have too many calories can pose serious health problems, including weight gain, cardiovascular problems, and diabetes. It is important to stick to a healthy diet and a strict routine.
Instead of starchy foods, choose wholegrain variants which contain more fiber, and keep you feeling full.
Feel like snacking in the middle of the day? stock up on nuts and seeds or citrus fruits that are known to cure fatigue and stimulate alertness.
To keep your energy up and your metabolism on overdrive, eat breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big meals.
Have sufficient liquids through the day to avoid dehydration.
Avoid processed or packaged foods that contain too much sugar. Excess sugar has been linked to energy spikes followed by a crash while too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and an increased risk of strokes and heart disease.
Sleep is important
Finding it difficult to get a good night's sleep? sleep deprivation can lead to fatigue, confusion, memory lapses and irritability.
To get a restful sleep:
Create a sleep schedule and stick to it. Reading a book, listening to relaxing music, or taking a warm shower can help in relaxing your body.
Avoid watching tv or surfing on your mobile as this can interfere with your sleep.
Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Going to bed hungry or stuffing yourself too much can cause discomfort and keep you awake.
Focus on deep breathing
When you are trying to juggle multiple things at a time, you are bound to be stressed. Five to ten minutes of deep breathing can help in relaxing you and reducing anxiety.
You can also close your eyes and focus on relaxing and tensing each muscle group while taking deep, slow breaths. The best part about this is that you can do it anytime, at home, workplace or even on the road.
Watch your posture
Good posture is not just great for your back and neck, but also allows you to breathe properly and increases concentration and thinking ability. To improve your posture:
Get a good quality office chair, one with firm and dense cushioning and back support.
Instead of resting your weight on a particular foot, plant both feet flat on the floor.
Set a reminder to check your posture. This can be in the form of a post-it note, an alarm on your phone or an email reminder.
Gud evening sir/ madam meri wife ki pregnancy conform hai 8 day uper ho gaye hai sahi medicine batana .
Ovarian cyst observed in both left and right sides 32x29 mm complex cyst endometrium in right 14x13 mm small cyst in left please suggest, worried about conceiving.
Which time is best time is best for unprotected sex and do not want any pregnancy. And what is role of periods in sex and is there any harmful in unprotected sex .
I hav had unprotected sex with my girlfriend during her 5th day of periods and also after 2 days of periods. little sperm might hav released inside vagina. V used to hav unprotected sex after periods quite a few times before even. Nothing actually happened. I hav heard that aftr 5-10 days of periods eggs wil start producing and for a week aftr periods v can hav unprotected sex. So the question is is it dangerous? 2 days hav passed after our incident. So need to take step soon. Please let me know any natural ways to avoid pregnancy? Eating pineapple helps? How to avoid? before also I hav ejected sperm inside vagina. But now she is little scared. So im scared a bit. She is even scared to consume pills thinking there are health risk for future. So sir please tel me wat can I do? If I hav to take pills. Which is the best pills? Or natural ways? Which is best?
My wife has breast pain since last one month. She says it keeps on paining whether they are touched or not, what so we do. Should we go for any major test?
After taking 1 tablet of mifepristone & 4 tablets of misoprostol it's 16 hours but no bleeding then what to do?
A Urinary Tract Infection(UTI) can occur in any part of the urinary tract including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. The causes of a UTI can be many, with bacteria being the most common cause. In fact, UTIs are generally more common among women as they have shorter urethras, which make it easier for the UTI causing bacteria to pass through to the bladder.
The symptoms of UTI vary depending on the area of your urinary tract that has been infected. These symptoms are:
Lower Urinary Tract Infection:
1. Bladder cystitis, in which the lining of bladder and urethra become inflamed and irritated
2. Dysuria, which is a burning sensation during urination
3. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
4. Urinary urgency, which is the sensation of having to urinate urgently
5. Cloudy, dark bloody or strange-smelling urine
6. Cramping or pressure in lower abdomen or lower back
7. Pelvic pain in women particularly in the center of the pelvis and around the area of pubic bone
8. Mild fever or chills indicating that the infection may have reached your kidneys
Upper Urinary Tract Infection:
1. Fairly high fever with fatigue
2. Shaking chills with a feeling of discomfort
3. Nausea and vomiting
4. Flank Pain, which is pain in the back or side, usually on only one side at about waist level
Since pregnant women are at an increased risk of contracting UTIs, their urine should be checked during prenatal visits to prevent unrecognized infection that can cause pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.