Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shifa KhanYour feedback matters!
Mujhe 1 saal se pcos problem h, Kya periods time me lower abdomen pain k liye uski sikai kr sakte h. Sikai krne se koi problem to nhi hogi or periods bleeding me bahut zyada clotting bhi h ye sabhi ko hoti h ya iska koi or reason h.
I am a woman of 33 years old. I missed my menstruation this month. Today its day 8 that I missed period. Today my BHCG report is saying that its only .6.now my question is should I wait one more week? Is there any chance of growing up of BHCG at that time? Or I should consult doctor to initiate period? Please reply asap.
Is it okay to take contraceptive pill aftr having unprotected sex Within 24 hours fo 20 age Girl .is it safe ya i'll face problem Please rply early.
I am 28 year old. I have married before 6 month and my wife have some problems about periods (mc) it is not happening in her and she is not pregnant. She used HEMPUSHPA Medicine also but nothing happen. What we do? Help us.
Hello doctor sry its a lengthy ques but I wanted to know that my girlfriend is pregnant or not & we had unprotected intercourse on 25th of October but she has taken i-pill tablet within the minute when I ejected inside her but she felt it might not work she has taken another i-pill in the same day & in mrng when we woke up we just cuddled & I ejected on top of her vagina not inside of vagina or on vagina & her last periods was started on 20th ended in 23rd of October she got bleeding on 8th September she thought it was her periods but her last period was just stopped before 10 days so please help.
My wife age is 30 years. Small hypodensities / artifacts in the bilateral frontal lobes, what is the main problem in the above decide?
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent, in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum.
The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include.
- Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a washcloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
- Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
- C Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
- Movement: After a C Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible, so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
- Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
- Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movement, which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.