Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SheshikantYour feedback matters!
I am 34 year Old male with a secondary infertility case i.e. I already have 6 years old daughter which we got via natural conception. I don't drink, don't smoke at all and IT engineer by profession with no exposure of any heat whatsoever. It's been over 10 months since we are trying for our second baby and we aren't getting result. We had a rigorous tests done for my wife and she is all fine as she was during 1st conception hence with repeated semen analysis it's discovered that I have Azoospermia God knows how come it got developed in me :(. I have absolute no surgery or something hitting my testis which could ever lead to this. Doctor has advised me to go for Testicular Biopsy some have advised IUI / IVF. I want to know do I really need IVF as I strongly believe that I must be having sperms but it's not just coming through ejaculation. Please advise.
Sir or mam please I am worried about my family planning diabetic hu ectopic pregnancy in may, 2016 aborted in dec 2016 taking medicine for sugar diamicron tregenta and one more please guide fasting 113 sometimes 120,142 like dis gynae sid 90to 100 ane chaiye.
My age is 63 years. Daily I am doing one hour walk and one hour yoga. This seems to be high resulting in hungry. My online coach for diabetes insist for this to reach BMI of 22.5 .is this exercise correct for my age.
My aunty is suffering from diabetics. And she is suffering from lack of blood .what precautions should we must take.
Does we need some minimum amount of sugar in daily food intake or can it be completely deleted from our food once forever just for the sake of health benefits?
I am very fat. My weight is 70kg. My age is 43 year. I am suffering from sugar. So please suggested me.
I am 40 years old female. I hv to take thyroid 50 tablet every day. I feel it has v severe adverse effect on my voice. It crackled I mean I hv to speak deep down from my throat with strange and hoarse voice. Pl guide.
My father has been suffering from diabetes since many days. Could you please suggest him right diet?
My father has done prostate biopsy test on 22 April, after that one or two drop blood comes through urine. He is a diabetic patients. Is there any medicine or what we will do.
I have diabetics i am suffering from sugar so how I should get profit by these suggest some ways to maintain good health.
I am 35 year old male I have fistula & varicose vein. Recently I diagnosed with thyroid. My thyroid level is 7. Please suggest. How do I cure my self
My father is a diabetic and can not care about his food & takes junk food, alcohol, tobacco etc so how can he cure it and stop to take these type of injurious things.
I am taking thyroid tablets for past four months. What is the best vegetarian diet for hypothyroid inorder to improve proper functioning of my thyroid gland.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body, which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, our body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes:
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this the tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is known darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds of skin in areas, such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of type 2 diabetes:
Some of the most common causes of type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes:
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although, in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy, if necessary
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.