Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Sheryl J

Psychiatrist, Mumbai

Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Dr. Sheryl J Psychiatrist, Mumbai
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care....more
I'm a caring, skilled professional, dedicated to simplifying what is often a very complicated and confusing area of health care.
More about Dr. Sheryl J
Dr. Sheryl J is a trusted Psychiatrist in Andheri East, Mumbai. You can consult Dr. Sheryl J at Holy Spirit Hospital in Andheri East, Mumbai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Sheryl J on

Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheryl J

Holy Spirit Hospital

Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri East, Landmark: Near Canossa High School, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
View All


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Sheryl J

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am a female aged 38 yrs with hypothyroidism & ocd since 6yrs. Taking treatment for hypothyroidism only, weighing 76kgs. How can I reduce my weight. Am also anxious in nature by birth. Suggest me.

Advanced Aesthetics
Ayurveda, Gulbarga
Continue thyroid tab. Dieting plans. Early morning when you wake up at that time for belly fat treatment you take liposuction treatment non surgical 2 glass of water, and in the breakfast you take easy digest the food for like idli or dosa or upma. Afternoon lunch. 1 bowl vegetable and 2 rotis and sabji. And buttermilk. And 5 pm you take fresh juice and dinner 8-9 same as lunch. And avoid oily food rice and sweet. Cold drinks. You start for one month and morning walk also important and do some exercise or yoga.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 32 years old and suffering from OCD from last 16 years I take clomipramine 200 mg and protein 37.50 mg from last three years I getting some relief but my doctor say that I not get more relief doctor suggest me rTMS therapy I want to know is this therapy work for me?

Psychiatrist, Delhi
Rtms is not a established mode of treatment. For some resistant cases it is tried but the results in studies so far r not very strongly favorable. It is a costly treatment. The money you r thinking of investing in this can be more suitably utilized in consulting a good psychotherapist who can give way better results den rtms.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir I am 26 yes old I am going for Mpsc but I can't concentrate on my study properly what should I do sir?

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Masters in psychology counselling
Psychologist, Hyderabad
Dear lybrate-user, first and most sleep early wake up early at 4.0 am and study with fresh mind, of course subjects which you are not interested you must spend more time and repeat it many times" practice makes perfect" not only human including pets. Parrots are talking and dogs are dancing. Switch off mobile phone when you go to bed and switch it on at 6am some people they don't like mathematics but it is essential for life everyday and every time we are depended on mathematics, right from doctor to business man, including vegetable seller, we can understand many other distraction disturbed minds it is like love issues.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Please suggest. Is Smoking is injurious for pregnancy? My Wife is very curious to know about this. Because she smokes in future if any time we decide to have a baby. Then is there any problem for this habit of smoking?

M.B.B.S, D.P.M
Hi and thanks for question. Smoking is injurious to health of your wife and also your future baby. It will effect on growing baby in uterus. So stop it before conceiving child.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from mania for last 8 months .now am taking tab dicorate 250 mg and oleanzrt 5 mg. Now am ok. But mood changes to sad and low energy and lazy. If mania is fully treated permanent?

MD - Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Rajpipla
I am suffering from mania for last 8 months .now am taking tab dicorate 250 mg and oleanzrt 5 mg. Now am ok. But mood...
It is possible for a person with bipolar disorder to experience ups and downs in mood, i.e. Mania and depression. Medication you mentioned are used to treat mania. If you are feeling sad, other medications are required to be added.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am 34 years old not married yet I smoke a lot does it will effect my married life. Please advise.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear , Smoking, in the beginning, may not affect family sexual relationships. But family relationship may be at stake. Your wife may not like smoking and she and your children will be a victim of passive smoking. When age progresses, you will be troubled with sexual disorders due to smoking. Therefore, I suggest you to quit smoking. Tobacco is addictive. Cigarette also contains 4000+ carcinogenic chemicals other than nicotine. The best method is to leave it and continue with your will power. There are other methods like Nicotine Replacement therapy and pharmacotherapy combined. If you?re ready to stop smoking and willing to get the support you need, you can recover from nicotine addiction and abuse abuse?no matter how bad the addiction or how powerless you feel. The first step in treating nicotine addiction is accepting that you have a problem. Confronting an addiction and accepting responsibility for your actions isn?t easy. But it?s a necessary step on the road to treatment and recovery. You should then consult a psychiatrist / psychologist who fill follow this treatment. 1. Detoxification using medicines. 2. Behavior modification with the help of therapies. 3. Counseling. 4. Medication to sustain and 5. Long term support. These given steps are essential for any addict to get effectively rid of smoking. Therefore, you need to stick to the treatment plan and cooperate with your psychiatrist / psychologist. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a man attracted to other men. I want to get treatment for this? what should I do?

MD - Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Hyderabad
Sexual preferences are natural and not illness. If you are frustrated because of this then you can approach a clinical pscyhologist or psychiatrist who can help you with the process.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Two years back I found out that I was pregnant n right after I found out I told my b.f about it and to my surprise he abandoned me and my baby. Now my son is 2 years old and since then I feel very depressed n I keep things to myself.

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
Two years back I found out that I was pregnant n right after I found out I told my b.f about it and to my surprise he...
You will learn to be a healthy single mother when you see other successful single mothers. Place of father is must in life of a kid but bad father can make things worse for mother and baby who will grow up to be negative and cynical look around and see if you want one baby to look after or 2 babies, other being your husband who is always finding Faults take it as a good riddance keep counting your blessings and grow along with the baby. You will learn lots more through innocence of Kid.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Panic Attacks - Symptoms And Treatment

Master Of Science In Counseling & Psychotherapy
Psychologist, Bangalore
Panic Attacks - Symptoms And Treatment

Panic attacks can debilitate a person greatly. The panic or anxiety attacks can be extremely powerful and intense, whereby a person starts hallucinating. The level of hallucination can vary depending on the severity of the attack. Such people often hallucinate about something bad or catastrophic striking them.  They lose self-composure. In extreme cases, they cut themselves off from the outside world and recoil into their safe zone (Agoraphobia).

Panic attacks, should, by no means, be confused with depression. These attacks can be essentially divided into three phases; the start phase, it then reaches the pinnacle or the zenith, before sliding down (fades away). The duration of a panic attack can vary from long to very long periods. The whole experience can leave a person depressed, traumatized and drained out (physically and emotionally). A timely medical assistance can prove to be extremely fruitful.

Panic attacks- its causative, signs and symptoms

 A panic attack, can, indeed, come out of the blue (unexpectedly). Extreme emotional turmoil or anxiety can trigger such an attack. An over-excited nervous system might turn out to be the wrecker in chief, throwing life in jeopardy. A person might be unprepared to deal with such a situation. Though extremely difficult, the best thing would be to try and relax. The attack is just an extreme state of mind, an abstract feeling that can never come true. It will pass off soon. Panicking will only pile onto your agony. Identifying the associated symptoms can prove to be effective. 

Some of the important symptoms associated with Panic attacks include:

  • A feeling of breathlessness, suffocation and dizziness.
  • The palms appear to be sweaty.
  • A person may complain of uneasiness or chest pain
  • Increased palpitations are quite common during panic attacks.
  • A person might experience severe chills or heat flushes. 
  • Twitching and trembling of the muscles are often observed during the attacks.
  • An intense fear of death or going insane grips the person completely.
  • Hands, legs, arms begin to tingle.
  • During anxiety attacks, a person loses the reasoning ability.

Few short-term behavioural therapies can be of great help. Meditation, yoga and certain breathing practices can effectively ward off physical and mental fatigue. CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a popular technique used to deal with panic attacks. This technique primarily emphasizes on the present conditions and factors resulting in panic and ways to minimize or completely eliminate the attacks.

In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!

2960 people found this helpful

My memory power is weak. Class topic I have to remember. And my friends learn in class only. How to improve it.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
10 Study Tips to Improve Your Learning Study Tip 1: Underlining Underlining is one of the simplest and best known study tips. It’s easy to highlight the most significant parts of what you’re reading. One key sentence per paragraph and a few important phrases here and there. You can only retain a certain amount so it’s best to retain the most important information. Study Tip 2: Make your own note and taking notes is one of the most widespread study skills out there. Essentially the aim of note-taking is to summarise lectures or articles in your own words so you can easily remember the ideas. Study Tip 3: Mind mapping A good Mind map can save you many hours of study and further consolidate your knowledge for your exams. Mind Maps are an extremely versatile tools. They can be used for brainstorming, outlining essays or study topics and for general exam preparation, ExamTime offers the ability to create Mind Maps quickly and easily which makes them the ideal tool when it comes to exams. Study Tip 4: Flash cards:- Using these are a particularly effective method of learning when trying to assimilate different facts, dates, formulas or vocabulary. Subjects such as History, Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Geography or any language are made much easier if you incorporate Flashcards in to your study. Study Tip 5: Case Studies Sometimes it can be difficult to grasp the implications of some theories. This is where studying case studies can be a big help. Case studies can help you visualise a theory and place it in a more familiar and realistic context. This is especially useful in business or law subjects. Study Tip 6: Quizzes are an excellent way to review study notes in the weeks and days before an exam. Quizzes can show where your strengths and weaknesses are, so it allows you to focus your efforts more precisely. Moreover, if you share your Study Quiz with your classmates and test each other as much as possible you can discover even more details and areas you may have overlooked. So before any exam, make sure you create and share a bunch of different Quizzes with your Friends. Study Tip 7: Brainstorming This is another study technique that is ideal for studying with friends and/or classmates. Brainstorming is a great way to expand every possible idea out of any topic. Just get a bunch of friends together and shoot the breeze, there are no wrong answers when brainstorming – just talk and capture the ideas, you can review afterward. Study Tip 8: Mnemonic Rules Mnemonics are especially useful when memorising lists and sets. Mnemonics rules basically work by associating certain concepts with other concepts that are more familiar to us. There are many different ways to make mnemonics and these can be individual to the person. Study Tip 9: ORGANISE your study One of the most effective study skills is also one of the most often overlooked; this is organising your study. Creating a TIME TABLE gives you goals and a time in which to achieve them. Having a study timetable as you study is greatly motivational Study Tip 10: Drawing Many people find it easier to recall images rather than text that is why they are better able to memorise concepts if they associate them with pictures or drawings. If you find answer helpful please click on “helpful” tab for knowing my efforts are useful
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(107 ratings)

Dr. Paresh Trivedi

Chaitanya Mindcare Centre, 
400 at clinic
Book Appointment
(1626 ratings)

Dr. Akshata Bhat

MBBS, MD - Psychiatry
Dr Bhat's Clinic, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(10 ratings)

Dr. Naazneen Ladak

MBBS, MD - Psychiatry, DPM
Dr. Naazneen Ladak At Axis Orthopedic Hospital, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(12 ratings)

Dr. Prachi Shah

MBBS, MD - Psychiatry
Meraki Mind Care, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(194 ratings)

Dr. Armaan Pandey

Surya Mother and Child Care, 
500 at clinic
Book Appointment
(10 ratings)

Dr. Ambrish Dharmadhikari

DNB, Diploma In Psychological Medicine, MBBS Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
Goregaon Polyclinic, 
200 at clinic
Book Appointment