Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shenoy Sharad NYour feedback matters!
Dear Drs. I had medium asian skin tone I want to become white. So please say which cream cab be more suitable and that to I have few pimples on my face.
Hi, my face n neck is become dark. I went to dermatologist he gave me I glow gel to apply at night. I applied for one month but no change on my face n neck. Pls suggest me a cream to lighten my face n neck.
I have Small black spots in my arms and body, it's more than one year, it's some times itching, what I do,
Hello doctor I have deep dark circles around my eyes. I have tried many ailments and creams, but its not going. I have spectacles and that makes no one notice it. But if I remove those specs everyone starts asking about it. It's not that much appreciated in my profession and I don't think it's because of the sleep pattern, as I sleep well. Can you help me?
Sir with due respect I want to tell that I am suffering from face problems like dark spots dry skin dull face and acne. Sir now I want easy home made remedies to cure face problems THANKS.
I am 27years old. L found a lump in my breast last July, and took medicines for 6months, then it subsided for 2 months. Now it has reappeared again. I did mammography. The result is same as 8months ago. What should I do now?
I have dry skin when ever I go out to play. Is there any cream to soft the skin. I tried fairness creams they don't work.
I got permanent tattoo on inner side of hand elbow. Is there any way to remove it except laser? inexpensive way to get rid if? please tell any proven remedy
I am having red spots and rashes all over my neck and they r itching alot. I am fed up of this. please help me.
I fell from my bike on my palm and had light bruises. Its been a month and there is still a small lump. Its really painful while doing exercises like push ups.
Every woman endures menopause, by the time she reaches middle age. It comes with a lot of complications and skin changes are also not spared. It is vital to know how to fight the skin changes of menopause to take right actions at the right time.
Changes experienced: Major problems faced are hormonal changes and their declines. Ultimately, ovarian activity slows down decreasing in B-Estradiol levels. This leads to hot flashes or warmth feel under the skin, especially on face and profuse sweating. The overall experience leads to decrease in the production of estrogen and progesterone, leading to skin changes.
- Oily Skin: Testosterone production is prominent that stimulates sebaceous glands to secrete thicker sebum making skin appear oily.
- Facial Hair: Some women show development of facial hair, especially on chin.
- Sagging Skin and Wrinkles: Decrease in estrogen leads to fat redistribution. This results in skin sagging on face, neck, hands and arms.
- Elastosis: Lower estrogen levels lead to decrease in collagen and elastin in the skin dermis. UV rays destroy collagen resulting in elastosis.
- Thinning Epidermis: This leads to trans-epidermal water loss and dry skin.
- Hyperpigmentation / Age Spots: Melanin production is tampered after menopause, which causes hyperpigmentation.
How to fight against It:
Here are some tips on how to fight the skin changes of menopause.
- With age, skin becomes dry. Right cleanser with a creamy formula is a solution for dry skin.
- Use heavier cream to moisten your skin. Avoid hot, long showers.
- Skin protection from sunlight is a must. Choose a sunscreen that is from a broad-spectrum SPF30 or higher and use it regularly.
- Due to hormonal changes, wrinkles appear, and hence you need to apply moisturizer on face, jawline and neck regularly. Use skin-care products meant to act against fine lines and sagging.
- Face, hands and chest usually get affected with age spots. Use sunscreen every day. Those who are already affected with spots, use exfoliating products. These products help to shed dead skin cells. Toners may also help.
- Apply moisturiser on hands too and wear gloves while doing household or yard work.
- Eat foods with antioxidants such as brightly coloured fruits and vegetables.
- Soy, which is rich in isoflavones, acts like estrogen in the body.
- Stress tends to make skin drier. Yoga, meditation, etc. helps to relax.
- Do exercise regularly to tone your muscles.
- Sleep well: Beauty sleep is most essential to regenerate your cells. Sleep prevents dark circles under eyes. Around 8 to 9 hours of sleep is recommended.
Now you know how to fight the skin changes of menopause. Follow the tips and then age will be just a number.