Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shempie Gupta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shempie GuptaYour feedback matters!
I would like to use protein powder/mass gainer. Is it harmful for the body? Will it cause hair fall?
She born a baby on 10th march 2015 she has problem by have large brest size. She want to reduce it. Suggest how she can do it.
Doctor, l am suffering from severe pain in my back (in the point of the joint between my right thigh bone and to my body) I can't walk properly and I can't run ,as l am a Badminton player gives me a major depression mentally. Please help me to get rid of this pain.
I am doing irregular exercise in two time of the day, but I can't doing abs exercise due to my fat, give me some tips.
L have problem with my height it has not increased after 14 years now I am 18 years old height remains same.
How can I remove the bad thoughts from my mind? since last year I am facing this problem. There is fear of dying. How do I solve it?
Neurological disorders may creep in due to many reasons. It may be due to degenerative diseases, accidents, other health conditions, birth defects or genetics. The most common form of disorder occurs due to non-functional brain cells in some parts, and loss of myelin sheath in neurons, which protects the nerve signals in their complete transfer from origin to destination. These losses are irreparable, but further degeneration can be avoided with Ayurveda. Panchakarma, the branch of Ayurveda, which deals with detoxification of the body and mind, specially helps. Over a period of time, it can bring back the lost sensation in nerves. Yoga, pranayama and Ayurvedic treatments lead to recovery and relief to a huge extent.
Important facts about Panchakarma
There are 3 important steps in Panchakarma, which are followed one after another to get the result. The main objective of Panchakarma is to detoxify the body. Virechanam, vamanam, sneha vasti, nasyam and kashaya vasti are the 5 folds in Panchakarma.
- Poorvakarma or preparing the body, followed by Abhyangam or massage, followed by Elakizhi or herbal paste massage, and finally podikizhi, or steam bathing makes the body ready for receiving further treatments.
- Njavara Kizhi is the special treatment done in Panchakarma where the body is given a rice bolus massage to improve the joint and neuro functions.
What is Njavara Kizhi?
Njavara is a variety of rice, which is specially used for Ayurvedic treatment and massages. In this treatment the rice is made into a pudding by boiling it with milk. This pudding is then made into boluses. The boluses are filled in muslin cloth, and then using these muslin bolus dabs, the whole body of the patient is massaged. This full-body massage has excellent effects on neurological and joint functions. The deep tissues within the body are rejuvenated. The treatment is carried on for 45 minutes to 60 minutes by therapists or experts. Another form of the treatment requires the rice to be made into a paste, and then the paste is applied all over the body. But this is more preferred for beautification.
Other effective therapies
Siro Vasti, Kati Vasti, Ela Kizhi and Nasyam are all different forms of Panchakarma treatment, which detoxify the body and mind and rejuvenate the body and nerve functions. But these treatments cannot be conducted on the body on your own. You need a masseur who must be a specialist in Ayurveda to do this for you. Hence contacting Ayurvedic doctors or experts would be the best to start the treatment.
My Homocysteine is 35 instead of 30. Red Cell Distribution Width is 14.3 instead of 14 Platelet Distribution width is 23 instead of 15.2 Mean Platelet Volume is 14.2 instead of 12 Platelet to Large Cell Ratio is 57.1 instead of 42.4 What does it mean & should I take any Medicine for the same?
My eyes have very deep dark circles and dark circles is skinny type. Can I use momate cream for it. Which is the best treatment. Its very dark.
I had sex with my bf in may 21 and got my periods on 26th May. My due date is 24. After that I got my periods regularly in June, July, August. But this month still I don't get periods even 2 days after my due. Before some days I had spotting 2 weeks back and now I have little thick white discharge, had mild lower abdominal pain. Note: I am having right ovarian cyst and pcos for past 1 and half yrs. My question is still do I have chance of being pregnant. please help me. Going mad because of this.
I am 32 years old. Had contaminated water month back. I had severe cold as well before I consumed the water. Though my cold recovered in a week's time, cough persisted. Whooping cough continued for three week and never stopped. I thought this could be due to the water I had. I consulted doctor and he gave antibiotics (amoxicillin), paracetamol and three more tablet. Doctor said nothing to worry, this could be due to infection and will be recovered soon. I took medication for three days as prescribed but the cough continues to dominate throughout the day. Need your advise whether I should go for any test or nothing to worry. Thanks.
Sir/mam my fore head and sides of face and all the region's of my face is soft but when it come to cheeks it is harder, due to that I am experiencing pimples on my face from past 4 years any solution to reduce the hardness on my cheeks and also reduce pimples.
I am 21 male. i am lean and my body is heat. Does drinking beer do any good for my health condition. And Can you tell me what are all the benefits of drinking beer and the effects of drinking it.
Obesity has emerged as one of the most common and serious health problems today, affecting all and sundry. Children, in particular; are the worst affected. Obesity is an amalgamation of sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and certain medical conditions. If neglected, it can create havoc. Diabetes, high blood pressure and hypertension are some of the major health complications that obesity can lead to. Thus, one needs to control and check this menace at the earliest. Maintaining a healthy body weight is the best way to control obesity. Many surgical and non surgical options are available to lose weight. Weight loss the Ayurvedic way is not only effective, but 100% natural.
Ayurvedic tips for weight loss
The following Ayurvedic tips, if practiced diligently, can give you a lot to cheer about. For an effective treatment, one needs to understand their body type well. Ayurveda classifies people in two categories. People of the Vata Type (more of ember and air in their system), those who can eat like a glutton and yet have a figure to die for. On the contrary, people having more of earth and water in their system (Kapha Types) can put on weight at the drop of a hat.
- Exercise your way to fitness: The benefits of exercise are immense. Start your day with a 30-45 minute exercise to feel the difference. Jogging or brisk walking will be very beneficial. It will give you the extra zeal to fight the unwanted fats in your system.
- Yoga and pranayams: Our body is made up of seven chakras. Proper activation and functioning of the chakras are important to enjoy sound health. Yoga and pranayams are instrumental in activating these chakras. Meditation also rejuvenates a person mentally and physically. A sound mind and body positively responds to the various Ayurvedic weight loss programmes.
- Healthy sleeping habits: Early to bed and early to rise can indeed make a person, healthy, wealthy and wise. People with unhealthy sleeping habits are more likely to be obese. Work is important, but not at the expense of one's health. A 10.30 pm-4.30 am sleep schedule is highly recommended.
- Eat healthy: Unhealthy eating habits contribute significantly to obesity. It should be noted that starving will do you more harm than good. A healthy practice is to have small meals at regular intervals. Do not keep your stomach empty. Reduce the carbohydrate and fat intake. Include lots of vegetables, fruits, lean fish, and low fat dairy products in your diet. Ayurvedic medicines like, Triphala churan, guggulu, Triushanaadi loha, shilajit, swarnmakshik bhasm and Medhohar guggul are very effective. However, these medicines should be taken under medical supervisions.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle: Try and avoid a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible. If your work requires you to sit for a long period of time, a short break every one hour can prove to be beneficial.
Ayurveda goes a long way to keep obesity and the associated health complications at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.