Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shely JainYour feedback matters!
I start suffering form bad breath and when I brush I see blood coming from my gums what can I do to prevent it.
According to studies, the majority of the world population has at least one missing tooth, when it comes to dental health. Usually, one of the back teeth is missing. Most people do not care about a missing tooth as it is not visible and does not affect one's image. However, a missing back tooth is a matter of concern, and it matters. This is because of the tooth's function and also because bone loss occurs when a back tooth is lost.
Wisdom Tooth: Wisdom tooth or 3rd molar extraction The wisdom teeth, also known as the third molars, are the final set of molars to erupt. Not everyone keeps these teeth, nor are they necessary for having a healthy, beautiful smile. In fact, they can cause harm if they do not come in properly. When these molars come in, usually between the ages of 16 and 20, there may not be enough room left for them to erupt. As a result, they can emerge at an angle, they may crowd the mouth and sometimes they don't fully emerge. This can lead to future oral health problems like infections and pain. So, it should be extracted.
Effects of a lost back tooth: A lost back tooth should not be ignored, even though it did not cause you much inconvenience initially. The problems start occurring slowly and when they reach a fatal stage, a lot of dental problems are likely to occur. A lost tooth causes several problems and damage to your oral health and appearance if you leave it unattended.
Here are the negative effects of a lost back tooth:
- The alveolar bone, which surrounds the teeth requires a good amount of regular stimulation for maintaining health. The lack of stimulation will slowly make the bone waste away.
- With a missing back tooth, the bone width is likely to decrease by 25% within a year and will continue decreasing with the passage of time.
- The bone loss which occurs due to a missing back tooth will also cause problems in chewing food, and the back molars are designed especially for chewing and grinding food. Your speech will also be affected because of a missing back tooth.
- Extensive bone loss can even lead to negative changes in the facial shape. The facial shape also collapses in some cases. This will affect your appearance and will lead to low self-esteem and self-confidence.
Dental Implants: an ideal remedy for a lost back tooth: The best remedy for a missing back tooth is to get a dental tooth implant. Dental implants work effectively to maintain the bone structure. This is because the implants are fused directly into the bone. The bone can function properly and stay healthy after a dental implant is fused into it. You should consult a dentist to choose the best type of dental implant to replace your lost back tooth. Once the implant is installed, your dental functioning will return to normal soon. Little time is required to get adjusted to the implant.
If a back tooth is lost, you will surely miss it. A lost back tooth can affect your overall dental health, may cause bone loss and can even change your facial shape. Dental tooth implants should be used to replace a lost back tooth for maintaining good dental health.
Please tell me the treatment? my mother's teeth are getting attrited, all the teeth are attrited, what is the solution to prevent this - I am worried if this attrition increases day by day, her teeth will become a disaster for eating, she sometimes suffer with headache, is there any link between attrition & headache, I mean joint problem link? which specialist I should consult? Dentists please response asap.
Orthodontics happens to be the first specialty in dentistry. It deals with prevention, interception & correction of malocclusion (improper bite). Common problems like spacing between teeth, crowding of teeth due to lack of space, protrusion of teeth, un-aesthetic smile etc. Can be easily corrected by timely orthodontic intervention.
A malocclusion can result either due to abnormal position of the teeth or lack of harmony between upper & lower jaws. The best person to treat problems of such nature is an orthodontist. An orthodontist undergoes three years of rigorous training during his postgraduate program wherein he treats hundreds of patients having malocclusion of varying severity. After successful completion of the course he is awarded with the degree of mds orthodontics.
However as a consequence of lack of awareness, a lot of patients still do not seek the advice of an orthodontist for their problem. As a result such patient do not get the desired treatment outcome which predisposes their dentition for relapse after treatment. In addition such patients may also experience harmful effects on their occlusion (chewing efficiency) and may develop tmj (temporomandibular joint) related disorders in the long run. It is recommended that an orthodontic specialist be consulted before undergoing treatment of such nature.
Sir my teeth is paining what type of medicine I need to take please can you give the name of the medicine cure the teeth problem.
I' m a 32 years old male. I' m brushing daily morning thoroughly before breakfast since my childhood. But the colour of my tooth is not pure white. Is there any tips to do along with daily brushing to get pure white colour?
Ive got strains in my teeth which is by florine water in my village will you help me out for this solution I ve done treatment but strains are not completely vanished.
I m 18 and I want yo know how to make teeth bleach (lemon juice+ baking soda) and how to apply it and till when? I mean the overall procedure because I m doing it first time.
Hi doctors, I have this tongue problem from a week like it has red lines normal spots surrounded by red lines and it pains a little when I bite it. No idea what it is! Please reply and tell if it is anything serious, how to cure it. I don't have any other symptoms. Some of the family members say its due to heat in the body. But I need experts advice thanks you.
Sir how to clear my black teeth near gum. Its formed since 6 months and pls advice me a best toothpaste to remove and further avoidance of forming black teeth.
Harmful effect of drinking water in plastic bottles is understood as well explained in an encouraging manner. In present life style, it has become a part and parcel, as we use, for example, tooth paste. But what is the alternative? That suggestion is not given. It will be highly appreciated, if right suggestion to alternative use of plastic bottles is well explained. D. Banerjee Pune (Maharashtra) Email: dlpbanerjee1950@gmail. Com.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.