Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar G PatilYour feedback matters!
I am 25year old. My hand vibrate. Please Dr. Help me. I am not drink alcohol regular. Only occasionally.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure alzheimer disease. Ls this true? If so which food do this and how much would you have to consume to get benefits?
1) suffering from parkinson for more than 28 years. 2) age 57, male, weight around 35-40kg recent diagnosis 1) 2 months back pet scan was done diagnosis-ed as psp medications 1) syndopa plus tab 2 times, pacitine, neurobian, amantrel night 2) recent prescriptions of syndopa plus 3 times a day aggravated 3) increasing of pacitine 2 times, straining my eyes observations 1) morning I am feeling stable till I take syndopa plus. Syndopa is causing sudden walking imbalance and walking on toes. Syndopa is slightly improving grip but not able to walk 2) amantrel started taking morning, night and stopped syndopa causing acute weakness after 2 days becoming extremely weak 3) by taking amantrel night and morning and taking syndopa plus tab in the morning and 1tab syndopa in the evening improved slightly 4) syndopa full tab is having effect for 3-4 hours, tab is having effect 2-3 hours 5) after syndopa effect I am becoming stable again am able todo little work 6) frequent urination in night (male incontinence due to parkinson?) what options? questions 1) any alternative prescription for syndopa so that I can improve my walking condition 2) frequent urinals any way to control. 3) after syndopa drug intake, problem to perform any work 4) amantrel is having stabilizing effect, syndopa causing walking imbalance so how I can I improve my condition?
I have headache almost 10 years I'm also consulted my doctor my doctor told me have migraine problem doctor suggest me a lemolate tab I'm taking this medicine after that my headache is not relief pls sir I have no idea about this headache problem. If any medicine and suggestions for me. Thank you.
Is there a treatment for migraine problem. I have been facing this from past 7 years and it has come to through heredity. Thank you in advance.
Sir I feel numbness and shocking like electric shock in my right hand. What symptoms of this decease and how to cure. Plzzz suggest me sir plzzz plzzz.
One of my friend complete the migraine course bt sometimes he vomit due to headache what suggestion n advice should I give to him plzz tell?
I get my hand shivered whenever I feel angry and fear. Is this problem related to any nerves problem.
Is there an increased risk of migraine for women who choose to take estrogen for menopausal symptoms?
I have very serious problem of migraine, whenever I get tensed about something my head starts aching and I feel like scratching the walls. What should I do doctor?
Dear Sir/Madam I am from Raipur (CG). I am writing this mail regarding best treatment of my father as he has been diagnosed Parkinson. He has first diagnosed Parkinson in the year 2013. He is taking medicines as prescribed by the doctors. His current situation is as under: He is not having any visible tremors. He is not able to walk properly be cause he feels very light in his left leg and not able to lift that leg while walking. Some times lost balance while walking and standing. Most importantly, now he is feeling heavy weakness in his body and refused to go out of house. Always tend to be in bed. Feeling heavy in head from mid night and not able to have healthy sleep at night. Day by Day his problem of walking/ balancing/ weakness is increasing. He went through many investigations like: MRI brain, Spinal cord, Many CT scans and other blood test. Sir, Hear by requesting you to please guide me for his proper treatment and for better diagnosis of his increasing weakness. I will send all his reports and others documents if required. Again requesting you to guide me for his better diagnosis and treatment.
I am suffering from left hemiplegia after a stroke on 10th september 2014. Acute infarct right basal ganglia and right radiata. Mild diffuse atorphy. Please suggest if it can be treated. Unable to move properly.
I have been suffering from migraine for last 9 years. The severe headache have affected me very badly please suggest some medication to get rid out off this. Just want to know whether migraine is curable and what habits should I inculcate to reduce its frequency. Please provide me information regarding medications and habits to follow to overcome this pain. Thank you so much.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
Seems like I am suffering from insomnia for last 1 year and got problem in my college work. Pliz help me out.
I have smocking habit. Some times I recognized that my hands are shaking. But recently I stopped drinking and smocking now also my hands are shaking what can I do?
I am from mumbai and require to ask one query about my dad. My dad have got a paralytic attack on his back head and even he is suffering from sponderlysis. He is not able to walk precisely and not able to live a life like common man as he is completely loosed his confidence level. Can you help me
- Occurs suddenly
- There is neurological problem or paralysis (lakwa)
- It may be temporarily or permanent
- May lead to sudden dearth
1. Sudden trouble in walking, co-ordination, balance
2. Sudden dizziness
3. Sudden sever headache
4. Sudden numbness or weakness of face / arm/ leg- specially on one side
5. Sudden confusion/ problem in understanding
6. Sudden speech problem
7. Sudden problem in vision (seeing) in one or both eyes
- Blockage of an blood vessel in the brain by a clot
- Rupture of blood vessel in the brain.
- Time is crucial- to reverse or reduce the damage to brain cells . brain cells die within minutes to few hours and do not regenerate - thus lead to permanent loss of function.
- A clot bursting drug is required to be given within 3-6 hrs.
- Blood thinning medicine are to be continued for a long time
- Progress in the disease is continuous process and continues for years
By controlling risk factors like
Recognize the symptoms of stroke and act immediately – to take the patent to hospital.
Hi, I am struggling with insomnia. I have worked in night shifts before. Last month I changed my job. From that moment, I am feeling depression. Anxiety. And other problems. How can I change my night life.
We're all guilty of making fun of snorers, but sometimes this snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a condition where breathing is not continuous and may start and stop many times while asleep. This affects the quality of your sleep and in turn can affect many aspects of your health including your cardiovascular health. Here's how:
High Blood Pressure: When a sleep apnea patient's breathing stops, the oxygen levels in the blood also suddenly fall. This can increase your blood pressure. High blood pressure means that the heart muscles need to work harder to pump blood through the body.
Cardiomyopathy: As a result of high blood pressure, the heart walls may become thicker and the heart muscles become stiffer. This is known as Cardiomyopathy. As this condition worsens, the heart becomes weaker and is unable to maintain a regular rhythm. This can eventually lead to heart failure.
Arrhythmia: An irregular heartbeat is also known as Arrhythmia. This may also be related to the changes in the heart's structure that follow the drop in blood oxygen levels. In many cases, Arrhythmia has no visible symptoms and can often go undiagnosed. This can result in the formation of blood clots in the atria which can lead to a stroke.
Sleep apnea is easy to diagnose. If the doctor feels that you show symptoms of sleep apnea, you may be asked to stay on the hospital overnight and undergo a sleep evaluation. This tests a variety of body functions including brain activity, eye movements, heart rate, breathing patterns and blood oxygen levels.
Treatment for sleep apnea depends on the causes for this condition. If you are overweight, regular exercise and a change in diet can help you lose the excess weight and cure sleep apnea. Similarly, if your sleep apnea is triggered by an allergy, treating the allergy can help cure the sleep apnea. Other forms of treatment for sleep apnea may include:
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP): This is a machine which pumps air into the body through a nasal mask. By keeping the pressure in the machine higher than normal air pressure the upper airway passages are kept open and hence the quality of your sleep is improved. An auto CPAP machine can modulate the air pressure such that it is higher when you inhale and lower when you exhale.;
Oral devices: Your doctor may suggest oral devices that allow you to keep your mouth open while you sleep. This is easier to use than CPAP machine but less effective. Surgery is the last resort when it comes to treatment for sleep apnea.