Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Shekhar G PatilYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from migraine since 3years n not suffered from pain since a year but from a week I have been suffering from severe pain n my hair fall has been increasing. Is hairfall a symptom for migraine n can you help me some siet regarding this. Thanking you sir/ madam.
I have insomnia and can sleep for only 2 hours. What to do? I have done all the blood test and sugar test and all reports are normal.
While walking sometime I feels numbness in my vanes and wish to remove my shoes. It is a chronic problem and it has been happening for 1 month. My doctor advised to taken B-12 tablet. As a second opening I need your advice.
My hand finger vibrate when I try to stay constant. I don't drink and non veg So I requested what I do.
I m patient of migraine. And using sibalium 5mg daily one tablet in night.m OK with this.but up to when u have to use this tablet.bcoz as I stop using tablet. I get problem of migrane
I have a migraine problem since 10 Years. What are the home remedies and preventive measures to reduce migraine attacks?
I Had acute embolic infarct left side stroke. Narrow escape because of immediate hospitalisation. Please advise for future life.
Due to certain incident in may 2015 though it was protected sex, I had done my hiv test on 7th day, 135th day and 174th day from that incident. All report was negative. Do I need further test as I am scared and for last 6 month I am facing many health issues like hip pain, fissure, mouth sores, itching in lower part of legs or below knee.
I'm losing weight slowly as I'm suffering from Parkinson's disease. Should I take some medicine like nutrigain? Is alcohol, taken in small quantity, useful in this disease?
I feel a lot of sensation in my palm and below side of my foot. My foot and palm is always hot to touch and it makes me feel irritating. I'm 25 year old and my weight is 80 kg. What should I do? Any home remedies for this?
I am 46 years of age. I was suffering with epilepsy and was medicated for that. I am also on respidon 4 mg and flunil 20 mg which is prescribed by the psychiatrist for more than ten years from delhi. As I keep travelling so I don't get time to go to for follow ups sometimes for almost a year or so. Now almost everything is okay except for sleep problem. I am working still I sometimes feel over anxious and restless so I get sometimes sleep problem. I am very sensitive and an introvert I get disturbed easily. I was very slim before the start of medication bit now I am 58 kgs and 5 feet tall. I am very worried about my weight and I walk and do yoga regularly but still I don't seem to lose any weight as I am also suffering from hypothyroid problem almost from last six years now. I want to leave medication for mental illness but I am not confident and I fear that I will not be able to sleep or work if I am without medication. Could you please advice me if it is possible to drop medication and yet live a normal life. I am not married and I do not want to get married either because of my mental illness.
My father gone laminectomy 2 months ago. He also having depression due to his neuro illness. His full leg jerk sometimes in a week or some times after 2 days. When he give attention to movement of leg, that movement increases. And if I make his mind divert from it, like in serious talking, that movement decreases or gradually stops. Like this somewhere connected to mind. I don't know what it is. But it irritates dad. Please help, which doctor to see, neuro or psychiatrist. What it can be?
Dear Doctor, Physician of neurology, I am suffering from nerve pain below my neck right side, I don't know how it happens, but feeling pain when move my head back and when wake up after sleeping, could you please tell me how to treat this, or any nerve relaxant tablet/capsules are there, thanks in advance.
I am depressed for last few years n my hands shakes a lot. It seems I hv parkinson. My age is 40 I am taking pacitane bt nt getting relief. I hv also problem of vertigo. I did mri bt it does nt show I hv parkinson. I feel cold all da time. please suggest is it curable.
Epilepsy is a disease that affects the brain's nerve cells and triggers the release of abnormal electrical signals. This can cause temporary malfunctioning of the other brain cells and result in sudden loss of consciousness. Epilepsy can affect both children and adults.
Epilepsy can be treated in a number of ways. One of the most preferred forms of treatment is homeopathy. Homeopathy addresses both the physical symptoms of the disease and the underlying factors triggering it. Another big advantage of homeopathic treatment is that it has negligible side effects.
A few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat epilepsy are:
- Cicuta: Cicuta is very effective when used to treat cases of epilepsy where convulsions are marked by violent, body distortions. This can include the horrific backward bending of the spine. These convulsions also make the person's face turn blue and trigger a locked jaw. This can also be used to effectively treat epilepsy cases triggered by head injuries and worms.
- Artemisia Vulgaris: This is used to often treat cases of Petit Mal Epilepsy which are characterized by staring into space, leaning forwards or backwards and stopping a sentence abruptly. It also addresses fear that triggers epileptic attacks.
- Stramonium: Convulsions triggered by exposure to bright lights or shiny objects can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may not lose consciousness but experiences jerks in the muscles of the upper body.
- Cuprum Met: This homeopathic remedy is used to treat seizures that are preceded by experiencing an aura in the knees. Other symptoms that characterize this sort of an epileptic attack are spasms that begin in the fingers and toes and gradually spread to the rest of the body and jerking of muscles. This can also be used to treat convulsions that accompany menstruation and follow the delivery of a baby.
- Bufo Rana: Not all epileptic attacks occur you are awake. Attacks that occur in your sleep can be treated with bufo rana. Such epileptic attacks are accompanied by experiencing an aura in the genital regions. This is especially helpful for women who experience seizures during menstruation.
- Hyoscyamus: Some epileptic fits are followed by a deep sleep. This type of epileptic attacks can be treated with Hyoscyamus. Other symptoms addresses by this homeopathic medicine are fidgeting with bed clothes, fidgeting with fingers and muscular twitching.
These homeopathic remedies can be taken on their own or in combination with other medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.