Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shehla ShaikhYour feedback matters!
My father has proteinuria. He is taking peels named" omnacortil" after starting this medicine his sugar continuously going up and down. Sometimes it reaches upto 400 and some time it reaches to 40. So what should be the precaution to avoid this.
My sugar level not going down from 300 by last 15 days. My age is 55 years. I am taking 30 unit insulin as of now. What to do.?
The doc prescribed me benfotiamine, mecobalamin, alpha lipoic acid, chromium picolinate and inositol for anxiety and nerves strongness but now I m facing issues like lack of concentration in studies and lack of multi tasking skills how can these side effects be reversed and is their any other side effects of these vitamins/minerals given to non diabetic.
Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity. Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression, unhealthy diets; all of these can contribute to fertility issues.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- If you are overweight, then it is time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
- Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis that causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus hit fertility.
- Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience low libido
- Your sperm count may be low
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
I have thyroid condition like fatigue, dry hair ,skin allergy ,ear infection, body temperature is 97.2,memory problem, difficulty concentration ,tiredness, lack of motivation, anxiety, panic attacksbut my thyroid blood levels are in normal range. Can thyroid problem be there despite of normal blood levels. Is bioidentical thyroid hormonal therapy available in india?
last week my sugar level is 187 after meals 372 after I taken treatment my sugar level reduces but still I have erection problem next month I have marriage pls help me.
One year back my doctor advice me check thyroid, I check my thyroid profile then my tsh is 6.1 its border line after few months again I check that its remains same level then I Start thyronorm 25 MCG. Few months later again I check it my tsh is controlled 2.5. Then I stop that tablets my tsh raises to 10.7 again I start that same dose but my tsh again increases to 12.9 why its raises. And I used aldactone and isotretinoin tablets for skin and hormonal problems. Is any relation that tablets. Why tsh is frequently increased please tell me. Thanks.
I am a diabetic n under insulin control. Here I need to know that I have to strictly avoid any sugar or glucose item which actually gives energy to our body and in this condition I do not understand how to keep my body sexually energetic and active.
Suffering from diabetes sugar lvl. Before meal110 and after meal 210 suggest best medicine my age 39 weight 63 kg height 5.10.
I am 45 yrs. Old suffering from uncontrolled diabetes mellitus since 10yrs. Give me tips to keep controlled my sugar.
My sugar indicate 275 fasting 390 after food I used both sidha and alopathy medicine how to reduce sugar what type of medicine shall I used.
Eating too much sugar could be the one of causes for diabetes? Should I stop eating sweets? There are lots of rumors I don't know what is true but what I heard is that" the person who has diabetes shouldn't eat sugar but eating too much sugar has nothing to do with diabetes" what is true?
I am 24 years old. Now my thyroid report is here TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3) =122 ng/dl TOTAL THYROXINE (T4) C.L.I.A 7.4 μg/dl TSH level is 24.54 μIU/ml. What can I do. I am very afraid about my TSH level.
I am suffering from border line diabetes since 2014 . What prevention should be taken so that I can't keep increasing, and I can live a normal life.
I have Thyroid problem. My TSH is high at 6.65. What to do if TSH is high? How to control TSH naturally and what lifestyle changes are required.
I am a 62 yr female I have diabetes since past several yrs my sugar level is 146fasting and crosses 200 if I have even a small quantity of rice (which I like v much) I have been takin 1tablet galvus/met 50/500daily since last 2yrs but I am not able to control sugar effectively. Hopin for a solution thanx.
Thyroid has become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. It is triggered due to the presence of impurities in the blood, which lead to hormonal imbalances and therefore, a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced. But in case of hyperthyroid, you will notice an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and thyroid
Though there is no direct mention of thyroid in the Ayurvedic texts, there are major implications that hint towards a disease like thyroid that is caused due to imbalance of body fluid and its probable treatments. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
1. Dietary regulations: As per Charaka, thyroid doesn’t affect those individuals who take milk in adequate quantities. In addition, you must take moong seeds, bengal gram seeds, sugarcane, cucumber, barley and old rice in optimum amounts for prevention of thyroid. In case you are already suffering from thyroid imbalance, then you must also aim at having a considerable amount of milk on a regular basis.
2. Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
3. Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps to increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
4. Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances.
If you wish to get a personalised evaluation of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you.