Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shefali PandeyYour feedback matters!
I have a blood flowing with my urine and have pain in my left abdomen for past 3 months what is the cause, I am 23 years old.
She is my sister she had 19 years old she is suffering from over weight and irregular menstrual cycle. Is there any treatment with out using medicines and she is not having thyroid also.
I'm 24 years old. Before my periods I always get painful discharge. It's like white cottage cheese. I have painful intercourse during this time. And every time it happens like this. Please help me.
A small lump in rt. Breast of my sister (fibroderma) light pain on it. After biopsy doctor says invasive ductal carcinoma pl. Tell me what is the treatment procedure &how much money require.
Benefits of thyme
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 of the many distinct benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: when thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: if thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively to lower the heart rate.
3. Stops a cough: thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for a cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin a, c, manganese, copper, iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Controls pests: thyme is added is a primary ingredient to many pesticides for controlling pests, viruses and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and they will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: the diuretic properties of thyme oil help in removal of toxins that consequently betters the circulation and cures rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart of its stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Eliminates gases: thyme is an effective carminative agent and pushes gases downward towards their elimination.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
I am 35 years old guy. Having sex with my girlfriend several times but she didn't get pregnent. What we have to do? she is physically very weak. We plan to get marry soon. Please advice us what to do to get a baby first.
Chlamydia is one of the more common STDs among both the genders. It spreads through physical intimate contact; it can develop irrespective of one’s age, however, is most commonly observed among young women. In women, the symptoms include yellow or green colored odorous vaginal discharge, painful urination and a burning sensation or itching around the vagina, lower abdominal ache, painful menstruation or bleeding during sexual intercourse. Now if the infection reaches up to the fallopian tubes, it causes a disease known as Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). In case of unprotected oral sex, the bacteria causing this disorder, ‘Chlamydia Trachomatis’ might infect the throat as well.
Reasons Behind Chlamydia in Women:
Being a sexually transmitted disease, Chlamydia gets passed on from one person to another through unprotected sex or through the contact with the genitals of an infected person.
In some cases, infants are likely to inherit the disease from their mothers during birth, if she is already affected with it. Hence pre-natal checkups are essential for detection.
Although very rare, this infection can affect the eyes as well via oral or genital contact.
How To Treat Chlamydia?
The infection can be resolved within a couple of weeks with the use of antibiotics. Once it is diagnosed, the treatment course should start immediately. The widely used antibiotics for curing chlamydia are azithromycin and doxycycline. If you are breastfeeding or pregnant or suffering from any allergy, your doctor might prescribe erythromycin or amoxicillin. For severe complications, a longer course is administered. The treatment may induce mild side-effects in the form of vaginal thrush, sickness, diarrhea and tummy pain.
Try and avoid any sort of sexual activity (intercourse or other activities) till the treatment is completely done and none of you show any other sign of the infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 24F. 4 years back got to know that I am suffering with PCOS and infrequent periods (1 per 3 months). After the course (Mala-D) I am having periods at 45 days. But from few months again my period time increased to 3 months. This time I do not want my body getting habituated for tablets. Please suggest me some food to have regular menses. And can you tell me the reason why the hormones are releasing late. Due to vitamins or any. If vitamins please tell me some food to have the release regularly.
I had my abortion on 1st June 2015 and then I got my periods on 18th July. Now it's 23rd august I am not getting my periods. And I am not pregnant. What will be the reason then?
I gave birth to my baby 2 months ago. Still looks 5 month pregnant and the worst is I feel that air is trapped inside my belly (uterus). Is it normal? Will it go away?
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment which focuses on treating the cause of the disease rather than the symptoms. There are Ayurvedic remedies, which boost the immune system that keeps the body healthy. A well-functioning immune system is essential for your body to be in optimal health.
The various Ayurvedic tips that help in boosting your immune system:
- Use spices in your food: Various spices such as cumin not only add flavor, but also have certain properties which help in boosting immune system. They aid in the digestive process and allow the nutrients in the food to be absorbed more readily.
- Choose wisely: You must eat natural foods as much as possible for a healthy immune system. Eating processed foods creates various problems in the body which reduces your immune strength. Eating natural foods also provide your body with the necessary nutrients and vitamins, which are beneficial for the body.
- Limit alcohol intake: You should restrict alcohol consumption as it impairs the functioning of white blood cells in the body. It also impairs the oxygen delivery mechanism of the body.
- Exercise on a regular basis: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep your body healthy. Exercises such as running improves your cardiovascular endurance and increases stamina levels in the body.
- Sleep: You should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep to help your body recover and regenerate. Lack of sleep can impair the functioning of the immune system and makes you prone to various disorders.
- Herbs: Various herbs such as ginger, garlic and amla help to boost your immune system as they contain various medicinal properties. They increase the white blood cells in the body which enhance the immune system.
- Meditation: Meditation has been linked with lower stress levels; implying that it has a beneficial effect on your body.
- Pranayama: You should practice pranayama as it helps in strengthening the body and calming the mind. It reduces stress in the body thus enhancing your overall well-being.
Dear Doctors, Am newly married person. I need clarification on. Is oral sex is good? Licking my wife reproductive part makes any diseases to me? There's some fluid coming out from her reproductive organ, drinking that fluid turns me into infection? Please help me.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.