Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shefali PandeyYour feedback matters!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!
Wheatgrass is one of the super-foods given to man by Mother Earth. “Man cannot live on ‘wheat’ alone; he also needs the grass nowadays for a number of reasons.”
WHY SHOULD I INCLUDE IT IN MY DIET ROUTINE: The soil in which most of our food grains, cereals, vegetables and fruits are grown has been eroded and drained of much of its trace mineral content over the years. As modern farming techniques have developed, most farmers use nitrogen, potassium, phosphorous based fertilizers. These fertilizers are cheap, but dramatically increase crop yields. Adding other trace minerals like calcium, copper, selenium, zinc and over 60 more that are needed by the human body for optimum health is not cost effective and profitable for farmers to fertilize their crops so obviously they do not use them. The fruits and vegetables grown thus are of maximum quantity but minimum quality.
You do not need to be a scientist to understand that if something is detoxifying your body and at the same time nourishing it, it is only going to improve your natural healing mechanism. On top of that if this ‘something’ is a vegetable (grass) whose grain (wheat) you have been eating since centuries and generations, what more could one ask for? There are no known contraindications unless you are allergic to the wheat grass itself.
People allergic to wheat can consume wheatgrass without any allergic reactions or symptoms. Wheat allergies are usually a reaction to the gluten found in the wheat. Wheat grass is a vegetable, which is cut before the wheat plant transforms into the grain.
Wheat grass has many extraordinary properties; if you are thinking of taking one food supplement with your regular diet, wheat grass must be the first one to be included.
Wheatgrass basically neutralizes toxins and nourishes the body.
Wheatgrass contains enzyme systems and an abundance of alkaline minerals, which helps to stimulate metabolism. Wheatgrass benefits people in numerous ways: nourishing the liver and kidneys, removing toxic metals from the cells, cleansing the lymph system, enriching the blood, restoring balance in the body, and restoring vitality. It washes drug deposits from the body.
Wheatgrass has antibacterial properties and can be used inside and outside the body as a healer. It arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria and helps to destroy free radicals. Wheatgrass: Improves digestion, provides easy assimilation of nutrients, improves blood sugar problems, helps prevent tooth decay, improves liver functions, reduces inflammation, helps in arthritis, removes necrotic debris from open wounds, strengthens immunity.
Wheatgrass also has chlorophyll, which in itself is nature’s boon to mankind and to which we all owe our existence. Chlorophyll has the ability to absorb the sun's energy and repack it into plants in such a way that we can use them as food. Chlorophyll has been described as ‘condensed sunlight’, ‘blood of plant kingdom’, ‘concentrated sun power’. Chlorophyll has the properties of nourishing, purifying and acting as an anti-inflammatory.
Wheat grass is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available. Wheatgrass is 70% chlorophyll, chlorophyll being the basis of all plant life. Chlorophyll has a nearly identical chemical structure to hemoglobin which is present in red blood cells, which is the body's critical oxygen and iron-carrying blood protein. Hemoglobin contains iron whereas chlorophyll contains magnesium in the center of its chemical structure. The alignment of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen are otherwise similar in both. Clinically, chlorophyll is useful in healing wounds, neutralizing bad odors, reducing varicose veins and healing leg ulcers, eliminating impetigo and other types of skin eruptions.
There are many green plants in nature which have chlorophyll, but wheatgrass is superior to other green plants because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man.
Wheatgrass has superoxide dismutase, which is an important antioxidant. Muco-polysaccharides, which are a combination of simple and complex carbohydrates (sugars) which stimulate the body's repair processes. They have a particular affinity to help repair damaged artery and heart tissue. Wheatgrass is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot, beet, amla juice and other fruits and vegetables. Wheatgrass thus contains chlorophyll, enzymes, vitamins, minerals in a natural form which is easily digested and absorbed by the body.
IMPORTANCE OF ORGANIC WHEATGRASS: The wheat grass is grown without the use of artificial fertilizers and synthetic pesticides. Wheatgrass grown in organic soil can absorb 92 of the 108 minerals from the soil thereby giving maximum benefit.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE: Vitamin A, B, C, E. Proteins. Enzymes. Minerals: Calcium, boron, chromium, manganese, cobalt, iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, selenium, silicon. Chlorophyll. Soluble and insoluble dietary fiber.
WHEATGRASS IS FOOD, NOT A MEDICINE. Wheatgrass is not an allopathic, ayurvedic, herbal, homeopathic or any other medicine. It is a vegetable. Therefore do not expect dramatic effects from it. It gradually, but surely nourishes and strengthens your body thereby improving your health status. Every person’s need is different; therefore the dose of wheatgrass powder will be different. The conditions mentioned above are just some of the applications of wheatgrass. Its scope is much wider. It can be used in any disease condition for early recovery or palliation in incurable diseases and even in healthy individuals to maintain health.
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I took ipill within 8 hrs of unprotected sex can I get pregnant. Sex. Juzt after my periods got over.
7 weeks back , I was participated in sex with prostitute . I don't know about her status , I used protection during sex . But , I have doubt that when I was removing condom , my penis might touched by her fluids which present outside the condom. Till date , I was as healthy as before . Do I need to be tested or not , becoz . I don't suffer from any symptoms .Please tell.
Hello doc. Firstly I have irregular periods. I had missed my periods last month ie in July n in this month I had got it on 9th n got over on 13th. On 16th I had an unprotected intercourse thus took a pill on same day. The problem is ,now again I have got my period. Ie twice in a month. My periods r preponed by 15 days. Why is it so? I'm unable to understand anything. Is it that I'm pregnant or my periods cycle got messed up cos of the contraceptive pill?
Is there any possibility of pregnancy, if the couple did intercourse on the 22 day of the periods n also they took the I pill with in 3 hour. please help her next cycle is after 8 days.
Me and my wife had sex for the first time 18 days back and her monthly cycle was due on 26-27 Feb but still cycle has not started. She's worried and have stomach aches as well. Please advise.
My wife got pregnant of 1 month 12 days (confirmed in ultrasound checking ), we want to discontinue this pregnancy now, because we already have a 9 months old child. Please suggest safe and better solution to discontinue the pregnancy. And process. Also please suggest 3 or 5 years protection procedure.
Hi I had unsafe sex with my husband before one month and I have been miss my periods I am worried about this plss give me some suggestion.
I am 30 year old female unmarried. Now a days I am feeling too weak. Not willing to eat anything if I tried to eat I feel like vomit. Can't sleep all night. My bp became low. Please suggest me any energetic medicine. What to do?
I had pcos but I got treatment and its normal now but am not having regular periods and am not able to conceive.
One of my Friend suggests me to use Dronis 20 instead of morning after pills? So what is better? In sense of effectiveness and less side effects and please suggest me its use? How to use it and after taking the pill when can we have unprotected intercourse and when not to?
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
It helps if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
If you would like to schedule home sample pickup for book full body checkup, click here now.