Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Am 28 years old am suffering from depression since 1 year I think too much now a days cannot stay alone if am alone I feel depressed I cannot sleep alone in the house, if am watching some news example on terrorist's I keep on thinking on dat all day, am feeling pious on religion and hating other religion ex. Muslims, I have sleeping problem, I want peace of mind and happiness, kindly suggest me with remedies.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia
My brother is suffering from mental disorder he behaves in an disorder manner. He will vomit frequently and having high fever kindly give me the solution sir.
I am male aged 26 year, I get erected when I see a shirtless man or men in shorts or seminude men. I don't feel excited when I see a lady even fully nude, I fear why this happens to me please help?
I am 20 years old having 89 kg of weight. I am having weakness in my body, feel sad and lazy. I was preparing for engineering entrances and now I am not able to study well. I feel that now my memorizing reduces as compared to earlier. Not able to memorize things. Next month I am taking admission in b tech. I afraid that I will not be able to complete it but I wants to pursue it. I am very much depressed please help me.
I am suffering from hypertension and depression in now days I feel like I am nothing and I can't do anything What to do I am confused What should I do? Help me please sir/mam.
I have been learning vocal music since 1 year. When I get up in the morning, my voice is very heavy and low. When I rehearse music in the morning, it feels uncomfortable can't go high note also. Please suggest.
My mother has paresthesia in their brain and her body. I would go to doctor but doctor told me it is problem of mental stress. So, he suggested my mother to don't take a tensn and do exercise continue. But I think that is neurological problem so please tell me what should I do?
When my family members did not listen me that time I felt to harm myself, continuously that feeling come in my mind, don't know why but, now I tired, that's way I can't concentrate in my study, continuously I feel to do suicide and when every time anyone not listen me or hurt me that time I preferred to sleep. Because when I sleep that time stop thinking.
I drink alcohol from last five year regularly but from las two month when I drink alcohol I feel like sick my eyes turn red & my breathing so fast what is solution on it because I drink alcohol.
I am 16 years boy and I am suffering from severe depression .it seems my brain stopped working and also symptoms are like loss of interest, lack of thoughts, feelings,imagination .even I am not able to express my emotions. Its like my gone empty. There is no single thought even. I have lost my interest. I want to know that whether this is depression .or anything else like psychosis, or schizophrenia, or any other bipolar disorder.
What can I do for increasing concentration on my studies and tell some tips for increasing memory. please advice?
An intense fear for anything is called as phobia. Fear and phobia are different to explain in simple terms person feeling anxious and nervous while doing something is fear and failure to attempt to do the work and staying back is phobia. In phobia they have intense fear that make the person to always keep away from exposing to the situation.
The most common symptoms of phobia are:
Trembling or shivering and shaking of body.
Rapid breathing or sometimes difficulty in breathing
Increased heart rate and chest tightness.
Hot or cold flushes
Psychological or emotional effects include:
Anxiety and fear
Detachment from self and environment
Looking for ways to escape from facing the situation
Going crazy or sometimes even loss of control
Overacting to avoid facing the situation.
Consider for treatment and self help of phobia if you have most of the above symptoms in an extreme state. Intense fear, anxiety, interference or avoidance of normal routine and phobia for at least more than 6 months needed to be treated with utmost care.
Treatment and Self help:
Identify your fear level and intensity really helps you to work for the ways to relieve from phobia. Identify the symptoms you experience during fearful situation and work on it to overcome the symptoms.
Learn and practice deep breathing relaxation technique and practice to do few simple deep breathing relaxation exercises.
Face the negative thoughts with courage. In phobia you may overestimate the fearful situation and underestimate your potential to overcome it. Challenge your negative thoughts is the good way of self help.
Make yourself prepared and expose yourself to the fearful situation.
Frame your frame ladder and try to climb each ladder with utmost care and confidence.
- Practice regularly. The more you practice exposing to the situation sooner you get relieved from the fear and phobia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.