Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Shefali BatraYour feedback matters!
I am afraid I am not able to go in my room I was sleeping nd I felt that somebody is trying to wake me I do not believe all those things at a tym I woke nd nobody was there I put on my rooms light nd then tried to sleep but can not.
I am 24 years old man and just getting to much of tension and stress and this this isn't allowing me to sleep comfortably. Please give me some opinion.
How to avoid doing masturbation Since I am a student wana divert more concentration towards stdy frm dis How can I avoid such master bate habit not getting time to consult ny Dr. please suggest some good ways thanks.
Hello, I have a 18 years old brother who is addicted to cigarettes and other bad habits. We are not able to restrict him from this habits and the worst part he is not obeying or listening to the elders or parents in house. The addiction has reached to the very bad level that he is fighting in house for money. I just can't see him getting ruined his life because of these habits. Kindly suggest any medical solutions for this which we can implement?
I am studying 12th standard. So, I am sleep only 3 hours daily. Is this will affect my health? How to increase memory power?
I am undergoing through traumatic relationship. When I was with my wife during loneliness attempted suicide which resulted in even more complicated situation. Further to which my parents are always trying to surround me. I feeling discomfort about the same. I want to stay alone. I feel like crying. I suffered pancreatitis due to my suicide attempt. Lately when my parent came to know doctors prescription tryptomer they are not allowing me take tablet which is leading to sleep depreciation. How can handle this.
My friend habit of tobacco or alcohol but he willingly leave this but he not leave it so give me same ideas for this problem.
Good morning I have been suffering from depression since last 15 days thinking about a girl. I am unable to come out of her thoughts please suggest me what to do.
What happens to your brain when you get black out drunk?
Have you ever awoken after a night of drinking and were clueless about what happened or what you did? Or have you ever been drinking and found yourself in a strange location but had no clue as to how you got there? If any of these episodes of amnesia sounds familiar, then you have experienced an alcohol-induced blackout.
Blackouts occur when alcohol prevents the imprinting of memories from short-term memory to long-term memory.
According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, there are two different types of blackouts (memory loss) induced by alcohol.
- The first is a partial blackout and it usually occurs after you consume a small amount of alcohol eg forgetting what topic you are talking about in the middle of a conversation. With a partial blackout, you may forget information that you know, like your address or phone number, or the names of people whom you know well. When someone offers a missing piece of information, your mind is able to recall what happened during a partial blackout.
- The second type is called a complete alcohol blackout. You may physically be able to function and perform mental tasks but you aren’t your normal self. The ability to make decisions and judge actions is impaired during a blackout. Since you have little or no control over your emotions and impulses during this interval of time, your behavior can be wildly unpredictable. Blackouts can last for a few minutes or up to a week after drinking. During this episode, you are unable to retain any memory. When others try to fill in the blanks, you are completely unable to recall any information.
Blackouts are usually caused by heavy drinking on an empty stomach. Binge drinking (more than 5-6 drinks in a span of few hours) makes your blood alcohol levels rise too rapidly, thus producing a blackout.
Other things you should know about blackouts:
Women are much more susceptible because of differences in how men and women metabolize alcohol. Females also may be more susceptible than males to milder forms of alcohol-induced memory impairments, even when men and women consume comparable amounts of alcohol.
Hence binge alcohol consumption warrants early medical intervention before it leads to permanent memory impairment.
Sir, I am getting too much irritation and if any body said wrong on me immediately I am getting depressed. And I am getting too much anxiety on any simple issues. While this I am suffering from leg pains also.
Passion is the energy that can fuel a project, or a task. It gives you the energy to jump out of bed every morning or go to bed late after you have worked out the last block that was stopping your passion from flowing. It has a similar role to inspiration. When we engage in something we are passionate about, we feel free from external and internal blocks and in control. Time recedes into the background, and we feel empowered to engage in flow.
Research has shown that passion has brought people back to life and start thriving again, making them more emotionally stable and a strong mental equilibrium. Abraham Maslow, a US psychologist said that without passion, nobody would reach their “self actualised” state.
Passion can make or break you. Passion can make you feel invigorated, committed, focussed, connected, courageous, creative, satisfied and productive. A man can be passionate about sports and take out time every week to indulge in his passion, while keeping his boss and family happy.
On the other hand, it can also ruin your life by being obsessed and possessed by the fire of passion. A workaholic, who doesn’t go back home till 2 am and reports to office again at 10 am, he who doesn’t see his children nor relaxes or does any physical activity is ensuring a quick burnout in the guise of following a passion. A harmful passion can be diagnosed easily by gauging whether it controls you or you feel in control of your life, which is about harmonious passion.
WHY YOU MUST NEVER GIVE UP YOUR PASSION
1. Helps you unwind and relax - Zafar liked to do puzzles, crosswords and Sudoku when he started his day. It freshened him up and his mind became sharper as he looked at various permutations and combinations for the words and numbers. Daily new neural pathways were getting stronger in his brain. This exercised his left brain adequately every day. He slept well. Do remember not to do such exercises before sleeping.
2. Expands your life - Some hobbies like travelling, cooking, collecting trivia has its own benefits. This involves physical activity and meeting up with other people. This helps a person to remain connected with society and keep active. Ram liked travelling so much that he gave up his job to become a globe trotter and tied up with a TV channel to commentate on tourist locations. He earns handsomely from his hobby. His self esteem has doubled since then.
3. Keeps your mind productively channelized - Nandini’s problem was that she didn’t have anything to do while the kids were away at school. She had started feeling depressed and got headaches often. She knew that she connected well with the children in the neighbourhood and had a flair for painting. She started teaching them painting in the evenings. Soon she became very busy and had no time to get bored. She not only made new friends, she also earned the respect and awe of her community. She feels energised, happy and motivated to work while looking forward to life.
4. Success at work - Often passion has been linked to success at work. It is seen that people who are passionate, committed and hardworking often excel in their work as they have a goal to achieve. They look forward to their day and any hurdles or failures don’t deter them from trying again. Neela was always passionate about becoming an IT professional. She had grown up playing with computers. Despite her family not agreeing with her choice of profession, she went ahead and burnt the midnight oil to score high in school and college. She got picked up in campus placements and today she holds a coveted position in the company. She has motivated many girls from her conservative community to study and get work.
5. Keep away illness - Having a hobby or working passionately has its own share of health benefits. People have reported higher physical and emotional immunity. They had deep and strong bonding with their community. They didn’t suffer from insomnia, depression, dementia and anxiety and hope was alive in them till the end. They knew that success and failure are two sides of the same coin.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.