Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheetal Sumra
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal SumraYour feedback matters!
I' have pimple on my face from last 4 year, I've used many medicine like clindamycin, tretinoin, benzyl peroxide, even ayurvedic medicine also but not satisfied, please help and suggest effective treatment, thanks.
How to avoid junk foods what to eat to keep flat tummy Going to gym will it decrease the weight.Please suggest me something for weight loose.
During sex my wife always complaining for pain she event can't ready for sex now and she also have etching issue in vagina.
I am losing my hairs quickly since childhood I started masturbation since 14 now I am 16 and my hairs are losing and on early stage hairs arebgrown on my face legs and hands what is the problem.
my problem is heavy back pain my work is Marketing so i am travel daily 50 to 70 kms I think this is the reason for my back pain please suggest me to how to solve my problem.
Vitamin a, a fat-soluble vitamin, is a potent antioxidant that performs a wide host of functions that are critical for the functioning of the body. In humans, most commonly, it is consumed in two forms:
Animal-based foods rich in active vitamin a or retinol
Plant-based foods rich in pro-vitamin a or carotenoids.
Of the two, animal-based foods (retinol) can be directly assimilated by the body whereas plant based foods (carotenoids) have to be converted to retinol and then taken.
Let us give a quick glance at the critical roles played by vitamin a in the human body, thereby making it an indispensable vitamin in the human body.
1. Promotes eye health
Vitamin a, the key component of rhodopsin, an eye-compound that ensures clear vision prevents night as well as color blindness in humans. Vitamin a also checks macular degeneration which is the common cause of blindness in the elderly.
2. Ensures healthy skin
Retinol deficiency causes the skin cells to dry out prematurely and therefore could be a reason for dry, scaly and flaky skin. Vitamin a nourishes the skin cells and promotes a healthy and glowing skin. Recent studies showcase that a healthy dose of vitamin a also prevents skin cancer by maintaining the production of new skin cells.
3. Boosts immunity
Being a potent anti-oxidant, vitamin a reverses cell damage caused by free radicals and strengthens the immune system. It helps to prevent diseases such as cancer, flu and the common cold. Deficiency of the nutrient may render you susceptible to infections as well.
4. Strengthens bones
Vitamin a helps to strengthen the bones and teeth. A majority of age-related skeletal issues can be prevented if the body has vitamin a in the adequate quantities. It also plays an important role in the healthy growth of the muscular system as well.
How much vitamin a do you actually need?
As per the recommended dietary allowance, an adult (man) must have at least 900 micrograms and an adult (woman) must have 700 micrograms of vitamin a in a day. Pregnant women must consume at least 770 micrograms of vitamin a on a daily basis.
Where do you get vitamin a naturally from?
1. Carrots, a single carrot has over 200% of the daily need of vitamin a.
2. Sweet potatoes are nutrient dense roots and contain double the amount of vitamin a compared to a carrot.
3. Mangoes, the king of fruits is not to be left behind when discussing vitamin a. One whole mango has enough to satiate your need for a day.
I am a college student and want to go to the gym ,as prescribed by trainers I should take much protein to get my tissues repaired sooner but it is not possible to take 100 grams of protein a day from natural food. So should I take artificial protein supplements such as that of optimum nutrition or dymatize?
I hv dark circles around my eyes and I used many cosmetics to remove but nothing worked even I eaten some pills containing iron vitamin A. C, E, K around 3 months but no result. Pls help wat to do.
Dark colour around the eyes (dark circles) wt is the ayurvedic treatment and home remedy please suggest me.
Most of us are used to sitting throughout the day, willingly or unwillingly due to work or otherwise. We spend more hours sitting, and most of our work is done in this position. The downsides of this are many, one of them being a stiff back which not only causes a lot of pain but also initiates many other health problems.
Train yourselves on these highly effective exercises which minimise the pain and keep your muscles active.
1. Back press: put towel on your back and press the towel with the back. Hold that position for 10 sec. Repeat 10 times. Do not hold your breath while applying pressure at the back.
2. Bridges: lie on the floor, bend your knees and secure your feet on the ground. Raise your hips upwards so that your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees. Release and go back to previous position.
3. Knee to chest exercise: just lie down on an exercise mat, bend your one knee while lying and try to touch that knee to the stomach. Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat this with the other leg. Alternate the legs each time.
4. Bilateral knee to chest: bend both the knees while lying on bed. With support of your hands try bringing both bent knees to touch the stomach. Hold that position for 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
5. Static abdominal exercise: lying on your back, try to contract your stomach without holding your breath. Hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat the exercise for 7 or 10 times.
6. Knee to opposite chest: lying on your back, bend your knees. Try bringing one knee to opposite side of the chest and hold that position for 7 sec. Do this for 7 times and repeat the same for the other leg too.
7: leg swings: these are easy and fun. Stand by the wall, hold on to a rod or something similar to keep balance. Now with the leg that is not towards the wall, swing. Swing your leg from front to back, left to right. Do not be too quick, do this at a mediocre pace. Repeat with the other leg.
8: static glutei: lying on the stomach, squeeze your buttock and hold it for 10 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
1. Avoid bending instantly after or during the exercises. Incase you have to bend, first bend your knee then bend your back to pick up anything from ground.
2. While getting up from bed first turn to one side while lying, sideways then get up from bed slowly.
3. Apply hot pack in back whenever there is pain.
4. Try to sleep in hard part of mattress not in soft mattress.
I'm 17 and I feel very much weakness mostly. And I eat a huge amount of food but I'm not even getting fat / gaining weight. What is the reason behind it. WHat should I do to overcome this problem. Help me doctor.
One thing is that I have lost half of my hairs at a young age, I have been considering hair transplant for a while but I am cautious of the after effects. Secondly, my head has developed very tiny acne or pimples or may I do not know how to describe them They are tiny and I always have an urge to explode each one of them I wonder if I can upload a picture here. But any words of wisdom will be of real help.
I am losing my hair quickly and tried many shampoo but no one work for me what should I do to get my hair again and again.
Hey Doctor, I have pigmented (black) lips. What could I do to get rid of it ?Could applying desi ghee help?
Male pattern baldness and other kinds of baldness can turn out to be a pesky affair that also eventually might have a bearing on your confidence level. A hair transplant is an excellent way of dealing with this issue. This method usually takes the hair follicles from the donor site and implants them on the scalp where male pattern balding has set in. While this is an effective and commonly used process, it also comes with minor scars and other issues. There are many things which you must take care of, after the procedure. Here are a few of those things.
- Scars: The procedure will leave you with a few scars as you wait for the hair to grow back from the replaced follicles. There may also be a little bit of swelling or inflammation at the site of the transplant which may cause irritation. Ask your surgeon for medication which will bring down the swelling. You must make sure that you do not touch or scratch the surface under any circumstances.
- Elevation: After the procedure, as mentioned before, there will be some amount of swelling. So, it is important to keep your head in an elevated position so as to ensure that there is no extra swelling in the head. For this, you may have to sleep with your head on two pillows so as to keep the head propped up. Also, you may want to sleep or relax in a reclining chair for a few days until the swelling subsides.
- Physical Activity: Sweating will make the scar and swelling even itchier. So it is imperative that you shy away from physical activities like workouts and running. Also, you may want to stay out of the sun, or even avoid a trip to the sauna for a few days as the exposure may lead to sweating.
- Hygiene: The area around the scar and your scalp in general must be kept clean. Use mild shampoos and medication to keep the numbness and irritation at bay so that the scars get enough time to recover.
- Food: In order to help the scar recover faster, you will need to avoid food that is too spicy as this usually has an adverse effect on the incisions and scars after any surgical procedure. These spices usually create a lot of heat and can cause further swelling, redness and other symptoms. Excessive alcohol consumption must also be avoided.
There are a number of things that you can take care of after a hair transplant procedure in order to recover faster and be comfortable until the hair growth starts.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!