Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheetal
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. SheetalYour feedback matters!
I am viraj thakker 30 years of an age having anxiety symptoms such as derealisation depersonalisation. Brain fog. Panic disorder. Light headed. Fear of public. Since 3 n half years. I consulted cyketrist for the same Dr. has given me patroxta12. 5 vitamin d3 and toliclam 50 and I feel energetic after having all these tablet. please suggest whether I will be alright soon.
I am 38 years old male. I am suffering from major depression. And I am feeling some sound from right side. Currently I am taking cipralex 20mg each day. But still I have sleeping problems.
Hi im 40 years old I have done ivf test 1st spt and after that I have a physical issue I have a fever and paining body so what I do I call my doctor he told me come 14th of spt. So what I do.
Stress is a very harmful all inclusive component of the human kind and can be good for us at times so that we can meet deadlines, but an excess of stretch can be very hurtful and can trade off our health physically, rationally, and emotionally. Depression is a very common and primarily created by stress.
When we are bearing overabundance of stress, numerous frameworks in the body can be adversely influenced: the digestive framework and metabolic system, the cardiovascular system, the musculoskeletal framework, the nervous system and the immune system. Excess stretch can likewise affect our mental and emotional health, our relationships with others and additionally the well-being of our bones and make us age faster.
Ayurveda offers a wonderful point of view on stress and depression management. Here are a few natural and Ayurvedic ways that can help relieve stress and depression:
- Basil leaves with Yogurt: Take ten or twelve basil leaves and blend them into yogurt. You can also add sugar to make it tastier. Blend this mix nicely to make a paste. Drink this paste to help get rid of stress.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds are the best type of herb to cure numerous kinds of diseases and infections. It is additionally extremely helpful during stress and depression. You can use it and feel its benefits.
- Take Chamomile tea: You can have chamomile tea. It is a successful treatment for depression. It can soothe your body from the inside and also help you sleep.
- Lemon Balm: Put on lemon balm to dispose off the tension and any kind of depression. It keeps up the nervous system working.
- Use ashwagandha: You can use ashwagandha to get alleviation from stress and depression.
- Lemon Juice: Drinking a glass of lemon juice every day is useful. Lemon is the best energizer for our body and keeps us on our feet while providing a cool feeling to the body from the inside.
- Almond with Milk: Take five to six almonds and drench into the water around evening time. Peel off and granulate them the next morning. Infuse this paste into a glass of tepid water. You can also add some honey or sugar to make it delicious.
- Triphala Powder: Using triphala with water around evening time is additionally helpful to recover from stress.
- Cardamom Seeds: You can take five to six cardamoms. Biting their seeds at whatever time in a day has been proven beneficial.
- Amla With Nutmeg: Take some juice of a crisp amla (Indian Gooseberry) and include a couple measure of nutmeg powder into it. Add some rock salt and blend them appropriately and drink it.
- Brahmi: Take a teaspoon of brahmi powder and swallow it with any natural liquid. It will help you channel your energy and work towards something more to distract yourself from stress.
- Yoga: For releasing stress, meditation and yoga are best. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Dear doctor, I am 41 years old from mumbai, india & suffering from moderate levels of obsessive compulsive disorder (ocd) which is hereditry (my father is suffering from ocd & alzheimers too). Although my ocd is under control but at times, I feel it becomes uncontrollable despite myself knowing very well that the kind of repetitive acts (common symptoms of ocd) I am doing are totally needless. I can see all traits & symptoms of ocd in myself viz. Rechecking several times, the door lock, geyser, gas etc. Etc. & feeling insecure about the same. I am totally aware that what I am indulging is absolutely needless. Ocd is impairing my daily life & routine. Tasks which should take not more than a few moments take me hours to finish. I have apprehensions that if my ocd gets out-of-control, my life might become miserable & pathetic in future (it is already on that track). It has already affected my career & life adversely since I keep on getting repetitive thought-patterns through-out the day about the conversations I have had with people in person or on the phone i. E. Flashback thoughts about such conversations go through my mind recursively hence I am unable to concentrate & focus on any constructive work because of these endless repetitive thoughts. I have also been suffering from the mental illness viz. Trichotillomania (nose hair pulling, impulse control disorder) since last 5 years. Whenever I am deeply engrossed in some work and/or thoughts, my hands inadvertently & invariably go in the nostrils area & start plucking the nose hair strands continuously. The urges are very strong at times whenever I am tensed & anxious or under severe pressure or stress. This has ruined my career & impaired my life immensely. I don't do the hair-pulling act in public but whenever I am alone. I don't have any control whatsoever over it though mostly I am fully aware whenever i'm pulling but really can't help stop it; the urges are really that strong. This annoying & irritating habit consumes lots of precious time & hampers my work. So much so that, I leave my work & stand in front of the mirror looking for hair strands to pull-out. What are the possible treatment lines for ocd & trichotillomania? please help me, i'm terribly depressed. Kindly advice the treatment & the therapy I need to undergo to cure myself of ocd & trichotillomania thanks in anticipation. Warm regards
Cluster headache Problem Morning Headache on One Side of Eye Problem , Please Guide me How To Stop This Problem, Even I Have habit of smoking , It is assured for smoking ? If Yes then I will Quit. Please Tell Truth answer.
He have been suffering from walking and speaking problem since he was born. He can't walk like general once can walk (he can walk like a pressure on one leg actually right side arm and leg are perfect). And he also can't speak clearly as we speak. All the basic medicines he had taken like polio and all. What should he do?
Dear sir; kindly suggest me how can I can leave smoking and nicotine. What do to remove the nicotine. I have been smoking since line last 10 yearsthankssameer.
It has become rare for a person to stop and admire a beautiful flower. Life has become fast and the human population is distancing itself from nature, and thus from good mental health. Thanks to the increased awareness about mental health in the recent years, many take up meditation regularly.
The benefits of meditation include eradicating stress, handling adversity and even shedding extra pounds. So, what is heartfulness meditation in particular? This is a simple meditation technique that you can practice alongside yoga or spiritual practices to completely relax as it is not related to any specific philosophy. While practicing this form of meditation, you will be encouraged to try and focus on your heart to experience your true self.
Why should you practice heartfulness meditation?
Heartfulness is a type of super-inclusive meditation that is there for more than a century. More than a million people practice the act in more than 100 countries, and this method is growing at a fast pace all across the globe. This tradition is rooted in the Raja Yoga tradition, and it can be practiced in a group or individually. This practice helps in improving the quality of sleep, relieving stress and boosting the immune system. It also helps in bettering the quality of life in multiple ways.
Here are some of the most compelling reasons why you should practice heartfulness meditation.
- Helps enhance emotional control: This meditation technique helps in activating the amygdala which is the emotional center of the brain. Hence, it can help you feel calmer, and these benefits are spilled over in our day to day life as well.
- Acts as a painkiller: You will be surprised to know that if you practice heartfulness meditation every day, you will experience much less pain. In a study, there were two groups of people where one practiced heartfulness meditation while the other group did not. The one who meditated daily experienced less pain.
- Makes you compassionate: One of the most important benefits of heartfulness meditation is that it makes people more sympathetic and virtuous.
- Alters Neuro-chemical balance in the brain resulting in more composed and calm emotional state: Meditation is such a fantastic technique that if you can practice it for about 8 months, it will result in a change in the neuro-chemical balance of the brain.
- Leads to an improvement of cognition: A study found that if you meditate daily, you will be able to sustain attention and it will invariably result in boosting your cognition. The level of improvement can range somewhere between 15 and 50 percent and the more you meditate, the better the results.
Simple steps to help you practice heartfulness meditation
- Find a comfortable place in your home or a place where you can sit each day and meditate
- Make sure you meditate at the same time daily.
- Sit comfortably with your hands and legs in a comfortable position
- Focus on your heart and imagine light filling it
- Slowly and steadily you will start feeling the vibrations and energy in your body
- If your mind wanders here and there try to center it back towards the light in your heart
- Practice it daily for 20 minutes
Moreover, if you are someone belonging to the field of creativity, then heartfulness meditation can reap long-term benefits for you. It not only sharpens concentration but improves your ability to multitask easily. Thus, if you have not indulged in this beneficial act, this is high time to drench in eternal joy and happiness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!