Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Thane and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal Pandey TejwaniYour feedback matters!
I'm 39 years old, in 1st trimester of my first pregnancy. We are to take a short 5-6 hrs train journey on 12th Aug (approx 8 week). Is it Ok to take this journey.
Hi sir iam married just last month . But we dont need childrens now . We are planing to childrens after 2 years . How is it possible ? please Help me.
My wife is 6 months pregnant. From tonight her womb get tight. There is no pain only tightness in womb. Baby is moving. She has gas problem What should I do? Please advise.
I am 21 year old girl, my boobs are large in size ,it bothers me so much ,how can I reduce their size.
Hii today (22.06.2016) I completed 7 week of pregnancy with all normal report of sonography n blood n urine test. The day before yesterday ie on 18.06.2016 some blood spotting took place jst one drop of blood (same like period). Is it happens during pregnancy? Or is it serious for her? Pz suggest your valuable advice.
Sir I dint get periods since 3 months so shall I use ashwagandha for this irregularity and delays. Give the best advice and diet and exercise. Thank you sir I hope I will get answer.
My vaginal passage is small. How to expand it. While trying for intercourse it not expand enough to have a penetration. And also when my partner inserts two fingers inside my vagina then it creates pain and sometimes bleeding from the surrounding slit of skin. How to overcome this situation? And is there any lubricant for this problem.
Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
Take short breaks and step away from workstation.
Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape.
She has pain in her right breast already consulted a physician but it is still same. Can we should go for mamography.
Hello .I am 23 years old and I didn't had my period since 3 months. Really worried .I am not masturbating not. I am virgin. Can you guide me what to do In order to have regular periods? Help m plz.
My wife checked home pregnancy test 1 day before due period. It shows negative. How much accurate it is.
I took ipill last week and since yesterday I am bleeding in little amount .blood is like that of periods n sometimes its brown too. Wat is it? Does this bleeding rules out my pregnancy?
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.