Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sheetal DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old and I am suffering from mental stress and is unable to concentrate my mind on my studies. Suggest some ways to make my mind stable.
I am suffering from depression for fifteen years. Taking serta 50 and petril md. But I feel always bore help less.
Dear sir/madam, I am 16 year old, I am getting tons of pressure from my tutor for studies, he wants me to score 80% in 10th std but I think he is forcing me and giving lots of work to do. I am not so good student I really work hard to get 70% in 9th std but I got 60%, and now I am stress out and don't know what to do I cannot concentrate in any work. Please suggest me what to do I just cant handle this situation.
Dear Doctor, I am facing porn addiction issue, can anyone help me to resolve the issue? Please help me.
My father is used to alcohol not much but daily 2-3 pegs of 50 ml each. We are afraid of health. Do you think there can b some severe problem?
Dementia is a general classification of a brain disease that causes a long haul and frequently steady abatement in the capacity to think and recall that is sufficiently incredible to influence a man's everyday functioning. Other normal manifestations incorporate passionate issues, issues with dialect, and a lessening in motivation. An individual's awareness is not influenced. The most common example of dementia is the Alzheimer's disease.
Physiotherapy for Dementia:
A patient with dementia can benefit from physiotherapy regardless of the possibility that the patient can't perceive their own family. Physiotherapy, notwithstanding, can be of good advantage to the individual who has dementia and also their family and parental figures at different stages. The principle explanation behind this is that recovery administrations can help the dementia patient to be as utilitarian as would be prudent for whatever length of time that is conceivable. Here are 5 ways physiotherapy benefits an Alzheimer's patient:
- Physiotherapy can keep up the Alzheimer's patient's freedom and mobility as much as one could expect reasonably. A physiotherapist can outline a home activity program and work intimately with relatives to administer to the Alzheimer's patient.
- Physiotherapists, as independent experts, embrace much detailed, separately custom-made appraisals of the disorders, action confinements and restrictions imposed upon individuals with dementia.
- The caretakers of individuals with dementia regularly show weakness when contrasted with their same aged companions. Physiotherapy helps with diminishing the weight of consideration by instructing caregivers to provide encouragement and upliftment to individuals with dementia.
- Patients with dementia are always at a risk of falling down and hurting themselves. Poor balance accounts for the danger of falls. This can be worked upon and improved by physiotherapy driven exercises. Exercise can have a huge and positive effect on behavioral and mental indications of dementia, enhancing psychological capacity and mindset, which can decrease the doses of strong medicines. Special exercise routines are assigned to the patients which help improve their body balance while walking.
- Physiotherapy has crucial influence in advancing and keeping up portability of individuals with dementia. It assumes a basic part in the end of life consideration by overseeing situations, seating and complicated muscle contracture. Individuals with dementia regularly experience issues in communicating pain. Pain influences cognizance, inspiration and reaction to any intervention. Physiotherapists are specialists in recognizing and treating pain in dementia patients and give training to care home staff and caregivers of the patients.
Physiotherapy is very important for dementia patients. Regular physiotherapy sessions are beneficial for patients for improvement in condition.
Sir/Madam, aged 39 years from Tilak Nagar, Delhi. I am an accountant Weight 72 kg. Height 5.8" I am suffering from Negative thoughts, mood swings. For this I have taken Fluvo for six months (Nov'15 to May'16). It helped me lot but due to Lever Abscess in June 16 I have to stopped the medicine. Now from last one month I again feeling depressed.
Hi sir! I am 17 year old I forget things many times anywhere please tell me why this happen with me. And how can I build up my memory power strong.
My husband Is very silent if I tell anything also he will not take seriously and also he is not very active person. So what is the reason if I ask something so he will be in depression and recently he got fits so why he got that I want to know.
I do not know how to change myself from being depressed and I have this problem everyday since last year and there not even a single day in which I was happy And I can't prefer a psychologist also ,because my parent don't know about that and if I tell also they won't accept to meet a psychologist So I feel like suiciding Pls tell me wat to do.
For my anxiety problem my doctor prescribed me Inderal and Lonazep MD 0.25mg For 15days. Should I take this medicines? As I heard that these medication will be addicted to my health as soon as I'll stop taking this I may suffer from serious heart beats, breathing problem and also may increase my anxiety level. Please suggest about this.
I lost dome body close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all.
I started using nicotex for controlling cigarettes but still getting thoughts to smoke what should I do now?
I panic or feared whenever someone give me some task. How to overcome this problem through some exercise.
I have OCD, I am taking meds from last 6month and it would still go for 1 year, as a result I feel very low libido and erections are also rare, no sexual drive. Which medicines can be taken to boost sex drive and can they be taken while meds of OCD are consumed, hope there is no side effect.
Fear, anxiety and stress can often lead humans to either escape the situation or fight it by defending themselves. But there are other behaviours that humans turn to when they are under stress. This is not unnatural at all; we all face it at some point in time. What’s more, even dogs revert to the four Fs when under stress. Let us find out what are they and also how to deal with them.
- Fight: Fighting back is the natural reaction, which we turn to when we want to defend ourselves. Shouting at someone might give you some confidence for the time being. But again, it is not a permanent solution. We might end up apologising for our behaviour later but do nothing to address the situation that brought about that kind of behaviour.
- Flight: This is the escape mode that we turn to when we want to avoid a certain person or scenario, that might lead to stress. However, it must be remembered that, fleeing stress will help in fixing it temporarily. But since the situation remains unchanged, it will keep happening again and again.
- Freeze: For some people, the shock is so overwhelming that it becomes difficult for them to react at all. They simply freeze. The person goes into the panic mode and fails to move or say anything.
- Fool around: This option seems to be not a very bad idea in times of stress and anxiety depending on exactly what you mean by fooling around. If you can crack a joke at a tensed situation and lighten the mood, it helps immensely. However, if your idea of fooling around is to avoid talking about the situation and instead have fun, talk about other silly things, then it might not be a good idea.
Dealing with stress is not easy, but if you have realised the cause for your stress, your problem is half solved. If it is something you can change, then start working on it. If not, then it is best to let things happen in their own sweet way, while you change your attitude towards it. If you have realised what kind of behaviour your turn to when under stress, it is easier to face the situation. Listen to some of your favourite music, wear clothes that make you feel good and think about the situation and the possible solution later. Don’t let stress get to you, face situations, keep calm and be positive! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.