Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. SheenaYour feedback matters!
I am a 27 year old male. I am smoking since 2009 and on an average I used 15 cigarettes a day. I am suffering from chest infection. The respiratory tube and chest cage is infected. This happened 3 more times before. First how can I stop smoking? Any medicine that may help reducing anxiety, please? Second will it cause any major problem in near future? 3rd and most important factor behind not being able to quit smoking is that my digestion system is completely ruined so if you suggest best medicine that can help me improving digestion system will help me quitting smoking soon. Thanks in advance.
Hey! Q: Sir mujhe 5 year before ajib si problam hoti thhi mujhe ajib sadar lagta thha nd mujhe esa lagta thha jese me mar jaunga uske bad me somthing 1 year bad mera mind thoda disturb rahne laga me bahut ghussa karta thha and mere parivar walo ko lagta thha jese mujhe koi or devi shakti pareshan karti hai me ghar mei hi rota thha and uske bad mujhe 1 ya 2 bar esa hua jese koi or ne meri body control karli hai meri dhadkan bad gayi thhi mujhe aisa lagne laga gaya thha jese me is duniya me nahi hu 1 month pahle me flunil nd olanzpine le raha thha and abhi mujhe thoughts ajib aate hai and me disturb rahta hu mujhe kya karna chahiye. Mujhe doctor se milna chahiya ya meditataion karna chahiye.
I am 25 years, married on 4 months back and suffering in depression, anxiety, panic, blue, hopeless, lost interest on life. How to over come out of all this.
My name is utkarsh, I am 17 years old. I want to join defence career but whenever I do any physical labour I start feeling very stressed out.
Hello sir, I am 22 years 8 months old. I am having a problem with my confidence. I feel like i'm very afraid to do something even though tasks are very silly. I try to convince myself a lot like there is nothing fearful in whatever I want to do. But I am not able to convince myself. Examples: 1) I shiver a lot in the interviews even though i'm quite good at speaking. I'm sure I can communicate well. I tried to convince myself a lot but still problem persist. 2) my Girl Friend is avoiding me (It hurts me a lot). And just wanted to know the reason why she had done this to me. I want convince her but I couldn't convince myself to start the conversation. One day I forcefully tried but brain stopped working. Couldn't get right words out of my mouth. Please advise me something. Because of this I couldn't achieve anything great in my life. I feel very low and weak whenever something is bothering me. I read inspiration books and all the motivational stuff a lot. I try to fool my mind nothing worked. Its not like I fail in every situation. Whenever I find something troublesome in my thoughts I just could not overwrite it to be brave or to act like brave. Thank you for letting me share my problem at least.
Patient is 30 year old qualified as B Tech and MBA but never attended campus placement interview because of either extreme reserve nature or social phobia. Did take up a job himself but left after few months and now does not want to do job. Last 4 years staying at home not interacting with outsiders. Only eating, sleeping and seeing mobile videos, songs etc. Of late has started talking to himself when alone but avoids talking in front of immediate family members. Does not care about personal hygiene, memory and logical thinking intact. Is he suffering from mental problem. If so whats treatment can be suggested.
I am 31 years old. My heartbeats are feeling like racing and feeling anxiety. But bp is normal. Please tell me urgently what should I do.
Sir, I am school student of 17 age. I am having a severe bipolar disorder. But I have not visited any doctor. I am a severe maladaptive daydreamer too. Please help me.
What to do to get out of anxiety disorders? I can't sleep well because of racing heart and negative thoughts. Its been since months that I have been experiencing the same.
Marriage is a very tricky relationship. On one hand, you are happy to have found that one person you want to spend the rest of your life with and on the other, you are overwhelmed with the number of people that are going to be a part of your new family. While this is true for both people in the marriage, a lot would depend on the final living situation. It is a different experience if the couple is going to be staying in close proximity to their families as compared to when all the family members are living together under the same roof.
There are mixed feelings of anxiety and curiosity, especially if it is an arranged marriage, where the number of interactions with your partner itself are limited. With the changing scenario in relationships, there are some families (extended family) who you end up meeting only during family occasions.
Also, the relationship dynamics with the in-laws changes for the couple. Let us look deeper into how different it is for the everyone and how to manage them.
In most situations in Indian marriages, the woman moves into her husband’s place, thereby, there is an increase in the number of people she interacts with. If it is a love marriage, the chance of meeting the immediate family members are always high. However, in more formal set-ups, the woman would have hardly interacted with her spouse’s family members. In these cases, understanding their expectations and living up to them is a big challenge. In these cases, it is essential for the members of the family to effectively communicate with each other and discuss the issues at hand. This helps in setting and aligning expectations.
- With changing lifestyle trends, the expectations have also changed, both for the woman and her new family. It is therefore very essential to understand the little things that form a part of a daily routine.
- It is also very important to set expectations on special occasions like festivals and family functions, as the expectations are high and the chance of disappointment is also higher.
- For the man, again, it depends on how the set-up is after the marriage. If the families know each other, the interaction is much smoother or else, it takes some time for all the people involved to get to know each other.
All said and done, both have to be mentally prepared to embrace the new members that come with the relationship. Talking to a common friend or even acounsellor can help, if required. The key is to set and manage expectations so that disappointments are avoided.
I lost somebody last year after this I feel depressed so ehat can I di please give me some easy things which can I do to get rid frim it.
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; and you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BDNF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BDNF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters, which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black Tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine, which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress.
I have listen news something bad or not acceptable then suddenly I feel uneasy, my body react diaphoresis, and I filled in ground & I have not memories just a few second what are doing then I have normal & my colleague call Dr. & check BP is 110/60. Please guide us what I did or what type treatment or care taken. This same type of incident takes place last 4 years ago.
Good morning. My age 17 years. I am sufring from depression. Muje bahut jald gussa aa jata hai aur study me mn nhi lagta hai to mai kya kru.
Language disorder is commonly known as language impairment, it is a common childhood disorder, which makes it difficult for kids to understand what the people around them are saying to them and to face difficulty in following simple directions, it also includes difficulty in expressing the thoughts and feeling through speech.
Language disorder can be classified as:
- Receptive language disorder: This disorder makes it difficult to understand what the other person is saying to the one suffering from it.
- Expressive language disorder: Kids suffering from it are not able to express themselves and their thoughts.
- Mixed receptive expressive disorder: These kids have combined symptoms of receptive language disorder and expressive language disorder, making it difficult to understand and to make someone else understand.
Symptoms of language disorder:
- Difficulty in understanding: The ones suffering from language disorder, finds it difficult to understand what the people around them are saying.
- Limited vocabulary: It is one of the prominent symptoms, in which the vocabulary of the kids is very limited as compared to other kids of that age.
- Trouble learning new things: Learning new things is a difficult task for the kid suffering from language disorder
- Repeat usage of certain phrases: Kids tend to use the same phrase again and again, which is one of the basic symptoms.
- Frustration: As the kid is either not able to understand or to make other understand or both, kids with this disorder tend to remain more frustrated in comparison to other kids, as they are unable to do things.
- Sentences which do not make sense: Making incomplete or senseless sentences is a key indicator of language disorder.
What you should do?
- Speech therapist: The treatment may include speech therapy, in which the speech therapist will work towards building the vocabulary and improving the grammar of the kids suffering, making the kids more confident and feel good about themselves.
- Psychotherapy: If the kid is also suffering from emotional issues because of the language disorder, then one should also undergo Psychotherapy, as it not only improves the morale of the patient, but also provides the guidance on how to keep improving further from the language disorder.
- Positive Atmosphere: The kids suffering from such a disorder should be made comfortable enough to enjoy their being, giving plenty of time to your young ones is the best way to cure such disorder, so one should always communicate well with his kids and make them learn new things, sing to them, listen to various sounds, show different pictures, colours, shapes to make them learn.
- Parental Support: The parents should also understand the issue well, be patient, and should support the kid to work out on the disorder. Parents should also interact with other parents, who have been there, to learn more about the language disorders and how their kids overcome the disorder.
As language disorder is one of common issue in kids, this can be managed and cured well to improve after all the required knowledge and best practices to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.