Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. SheenaYour feedback matters!
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
With age, the mind also goes through slowing. Being the control organ for all other organs, this leads to issues with thinking, cognition, communication, memory, etc. Dementia is a condition which is a combination of all these; it is not a disease per se, but a symptom complex.
- Alzheimer’s disease, a neurodegenerative process
- Brain injury (accidents, trauma, etc.)
- Huntington’s disease
Except in acute trauma cases, as a degenerative process, there are early symptoms of dementia which can be watched for. It is even possible to delay the progress of dementia by keeping an eye out for these symptoms.
- Recent memory loss: A person may not be able to recall what happened a couple of days prior but can clearly recollect events from the past. This may be gradual in onset and gets progressive. There could be difficulty in recollecting things like where the TV remote is, where the phone is, where the door keys are, etc. Some people could also ask for the same information repeatedly, as they are not able to retain information.
- Loss of learned behaviour: Things which were taught or learned like how to arrange things at the table, how to do basic things on the computer, organising medical kits, etc., might be forgotten. The person finds these more taxing than before and requires more help in doing them. Learning new tasks slowly becomes difficult too, as they find it difficult to get orderliness or process thinking in them.
- Mood changes: While depression with onset of dementia is very common, the person also could have drastic mood changes, which would be noticeable only to close family and friends
- Forgetting names: It is another major symptom. Whether it is of people or objects or animals, there is difficulty in recollecting names
- Personality alterations: Since dementia affects judgment and reasoning, a shy person could be seen to become outgoing gradually
- Difficulty following storylines: While most elderly people are adept at telling stories, those affected with dementia could be seen to be gradually losing track of the storylines. This could be true of their own storytelling or even television serials or movies.
- Repeating tasks: Given the short-term memory loss, they tend to repeat things which were just done, both in actions and words.
- Feeling lost: Recent memory loss also affects things like forgetting why they headed out, spacial disorientation, whether they had a snack or not, etc.
- Forgetting day to day things: Regular tasks like paying utility bills, reading newspaper or books, cooking up small dishes, tend to become difficult than they were. This is a combined effect of short-term memory loss and loss of orderliness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am suffering from anxiety depressive disorder. I am 33 year old. Its been there for years. I wake up early in morning and have headache all the day. I don't wanna take medicine. Please help.
I lost somebody who was very close to me today and since I feel very sad and alone! I do not want 2 live without him! please help me!
Hi .i m not consult before. I have cigarette habit daily 2_3 and occasionally drinks. I am scarred for my private part. Continuously decreasing my stamina and its not tight as before. Please suggest some medicine to leave cigarette habits and to make healthy my private part. M facings problem day to day life. Thanks.
I met a girl few months ago on social site. We spoke friendly way for someday. She started calling me, texting me every day, one fine day she called me up in the morning. First time I went to meet her she told me that she wants to come home with me, I was not very interested in her so I denied and dropped her home at night. Then she started calling me, texting me every day, she called me and came to my house, this time she kissed me (No intercourse at all) and started flirting with me. I don't know why but I also started responding to her. After that we started meeting up in week ends for next 3-4 weeks, talking over the phone at night. But before that I had lover so I told this girl that I am planning to get married soon. So I told lets not love or do marriage and she told me its fine we can speak upto your marriage and we can drop. But I did not say exact marriage date to her. I told a date month after. But after that she found it from my fb id that I got married a month before. So now she feel cheated I guess. So she is black mailing that I will say everything to your wife and destroy your life. What should I do? I apologized for everything to her and still she is ruining my life and I feel like hell.
Premature ejaculation is a condition that causes a lot of stress, especially as you age. In order to know more, you should understand premature ejaculation well. It is a condition wherein one ejaculates before or immediately after sexual penetration, with little or no sexual stimulation. This leads to poor sexual performance and anxiety issues.
There is no specific cause for premature ejaculation. Regular issues such as sex with a new partner of having sex after a long time might trigger this condition. Factors such as anxiety, stress and guilt may also result in premature ejaculation. It may also be caused by medical issues such as an injury to the genitals or other hormonal problems.
In this article, the factor that will be focused on is anxiety that most often leads to premature ejaculation. Being anxious or nervous about one’s sexual performance can result in this condition. Your mind may be preoccupied with whether your partner is enjoying the entire experience or about the proper functioning of the genitals. Both these factors bring about anxious thoughts and thus, may make one unable to control his ejaculation. One ultimately stops focusing on the entire experience and starts to overthink.
How to Control Anxiety Before and During Intercourse:
Go Again: If it happens the first time, then shoot again. Try another round and you may find that you are able to control your ejaculation better.
Be honest about it: Being honest about the entire situation will reduce anxiety about the performance. Your partner may be understanding and would process the situation better. Thus, with subsequent sexual encounters, you are sure to get better.
Take matters in your own hands: If the partner is aware of all the limitations, one can use other methods such as oral sex or other foreplay methods (read fingering and fisting) to satisfy her.
Decide if You Need More or Less Foreplay: For some guys with PE, foreplay increases anxiety, because they become more and more anxious as they wait for the event. For others, foreplay decreases anxiety, because it gives them a chance to relax before the event takes place. Find out what helps you and talk to your partner about it
If none of the above mentioned methods seem to work, you can fall back on medications.
Certain medications such as antidepressants are used in the treatment of premature ejaculation. They use a two pronged approach; on one hand they reduce anxiety and on the other, this very trait leads to delayed ejaculation, which in turn helps remedy the situation.
Controlling Premature Ejaculation:
PE can hit you at any age. But the good news is that when your PE is caused by anxiety, it’s something you can also reduce by using the tips above to help control your anxiety and get used to the lovemaking experience. You will need an understanding partner, but most partners are understanding when they care about you, and eventually you’ll be able to fully unlock the sexual prowess inside you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.