Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. SheenaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I have dissociative disorder and have complex partial seizure which is not proven? Doctor has given me medicine levipil 500 mg twice daily and venlite OD 100 mg once at night and lonazep 0.5 mg sos. I want to ask that my potty is not clear, doctor advise me to take isabgul 4tsp at night. Is dere any harm for dis? Please advise.
I need psychological help. I don't know whether these are the symptoms of depression or not, but I feel so that I am getting depressed day by day. I feel sad, I always cry. Sometimes I feel like I want to commit something wrong but then I control myself. Yes I am in a relationship and we fight. But then whenever this situation comes where we fight, I get very weak. I cry a lot, can't sleep till 5 am and when I sleep. I sleep too late. Infact I sleep a bit too much. I feel that I am a lonely person, I feel isolated. Whenever I get to smile for a reason, I get scared along with. So that I do not get to cry again at the end of the day. Sometimes I want to cry my heart out, I want to cry out loud, but I can't. Yes I have self harmed many a times. I have even tried a lot to get myself busy into some activities but it won't help. Sometimes I feel like sharing these with someone but then I can't, I can't open up in front of any of my friends, neither my boyfriend as he might misunderstand me, all I do is just cry and cry. Please help me out and let me know whether these are the symptoms of depression or not.
My wife has panic attacks while traveling in vehicles . In trains also she has such attacks but only in general compartments but she is ok in AC coaches. Due to this anxiety of traveling she is distracted from doing her daily chores as a homemaker. Please advice
Hi I am feeling depressed, i am loosing my confidence levels, and easily getting frustrated, feeling like cry and want to be alone, and frsutrated, please help
Hi Team, I am trying to quit smoking from past 2 to 3 months but I am not able to do that. I've been stopping it for 2 to 3 days but again I am pulling towards it. please suggest me better ways to stop it in any manner. Thanks & Regards, Harish☺
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a dream like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in head due to heavy medicine and waves r feeling in my head. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. please answer.
I am going through with mental depression from last one month as my girlfriend left me. I am unable to concentrate in any work and just spend my day thinking about the past. My mind has became very restless. Please help me with some medicine so that I can get my mind relax at time and concentrate on my career. Thank you.
Since few year's ago I started to searching a job for myself. Also tried for home tuition class but no one gave me to my work money. I was facing some interview also. Now my college is finished. That's why now a job is very urgent for me. But there was no job news for me. By the way my house is so far from mainroad. So that it's default to go back my home at night. In that way one company has offered me for a job. But that night problem arise. I'm a handicap person, also I don't have my father. My mom is working at a home as a cooker. In that way now I'm in a very mental stress. Sometimes I'm going on a distressing mood also with fight on my mom. My mom also forced me to do a job. But now it's so much pressure so that I thought all that issue -- 1) No one trust me also with my situation! 2) If I do good for someone they think about me as Unpleasant person! 3) all time all bad things happens with me! 4) If I Predict some good thing will happen with me but NO it's definitely happen bad/unpredictable things! 5) Also If I hope a good moment but it will be a bad fruitful news! 6) Nobody understand me! 7) I feel so very lonely! 8) I feel like a criminal/sinner/guilty! Please help me to out of this type of problem. I have no money so that didn't go to a psychiatrist. Please help me as soon as possible. I'm looking for a psychological counseling. Please do it on this session it's my request to you respected doctor.
While it is true that all our egos need some boosting from time to time, constantly nursing it to feel too proud about oneself and being too self-indulgent does not help. In plain words, that is what a narcissist does. The term finds its roots in Greek mythology where Narcissus was so absorbed with himself. This gradually got converted to Narcissism to indicate people (who, like him) became too self-obsessed.
By definition, it is applied to people who have a long-term pattern of grandiosity above themselves, either in fantasy or in actual behaviour. They constantly seek admiration, are too self-indulgent, and have a great degree of apathy towards almost everybody else.
The following are some traits that are usually found in people with this personality.
- They are preoccupied with fantasies where they see themselves with unlimited power, beauty, success, and brilliance.
- Have a false perception of superiority and do not associate with most people
- Completely lack apathy and do not usually connect with the feelings of people around them
- Have a grandiose opinion about themselves and think they are super-important in the lives of everybody around them
- Expect appreciation and praise, even if not worthy of it
- Think of themselves as special and unique
- Are considered arrogant and haughty by most people who associate with them
- Constantly seeks admiration and compliments
- Prone to exploiting relationships
- Enjoy flattery
- Inability to accept even small rejections
- Inability to take criticism
- Deep hidden feeling of insecurity and low self-esteem
- Can be very defensive and try to prove their point
- Fear of humiliation
- Very vulnerable, especially to rejections, humiliations
- Get enraged without specific reason to feel better and put down the other person
- If someone contradicts their view point, there could be major argument and even physical assault
- A combination of these features usually causes problems in relationships and friendships and affects their overall personal and professional lives. It is more common in males, and tends to decrease with age.
While initially narcissist may come across as extremely confident personalities, slowly it comes across as much more than that. While they do feel confident, at times, the confidence may not be true. It is just that feeling of self-importance which makes them to believe that what they are doing is right.
Causes: While there is no single cause leading to someone developing this personality, a combination of genetic, social, and psychological factors leads to this condition. Excessive pampering and/or criticism also can lead to this.
Treatment: This usually requires long-term counselling with people who are trained in handling such cases. They need to become less self-indulgent and more empathetic towards others, which takes time, but is not impossible.
I have depression but I did not know how it happened. My condition is miserable so in this regard I want to help from you.
Excess of anything is never healthy and the same applies in the case of alcohol. Alcohol experts have come to a conclusion that drinking too much alcohol reduces affects negatively in both the genders.
Alcohol Myth Busted
Since time immemorial, people have considered alcohol to be an aphrodisiac. However, this myth has been busted time and again by the side effects of excessive alcohol. On the contrary, alcohol is known to induce depression after consumption.
Alcohol, if consumed in unnatural quantity over a period of time can turn conditions like 'brewer's droop', which otherwise might be temporary into permanent impotence. Alcohol addiction is a cardinal sin for couples planning on having a baby. Women, whose bodies are much more sensitive and complex than a man's body, react greatly to even a small quantity of alcohol. Even government's guidelines on low-risk alcohol consumption unit do not guarantee no harm, and people are known to have taken much longer time to get pregnant and irregularity in their menstrual cycles even after abiding by the government's guidelines.
What Is Moderation?
No one is asking you to completely cut down on alcohol. But moderation should then be a religion for all the drinkers. Moderate drinking includes no more than 2 drinks per day (US. Centre for Disease Control and Prevention). The explanation is that your liver can act on alcohol at one standard size drink an hour, so heavy drinking means that too much alcohol for the liver to handle and hence unhealthy toxins are released in the body having an adverse effect on the sex life.
Some of the more common problems caused by alcohol in a couple's sex life are:
- Long-term erectile dysfunction: The most common of all the problems, erectile dysfunction can most commonly be attributed to heavy drinking. 60% of men who are alcohol addicts are known to be suffering from loss of sexual appetite.
- Ruined Families and relationships: Alcohol can be considered one of the biggest inducers of divorce among couples. It makes people less caring and more and more involved in their drinking antics. 90% of domestic violence incidents include alcohol.
- Side effects of smoking: Drinking is usually accompanied by cigarettes and a cocktail of these two substances can be a deadly weapon against your sanity. For men below 40, erectile dysfunction primarily happens because of excessive smoking.
- STDs: Alcohol consumption helps people shed their inhibition and cases of unprotected sex increases. It increases your chances of actually getting an STD. 50% of all impromptu sexual encounters happen in the presence of alcohol and 60% STD spread when alcohol is also in the picture. Young adults who consume alcohol at an alarming rate are 7 times more likely to indulge in unprotected sexual intercourse.
Hence, we see that alcohol addiction does not compliment healthy sex life and therefore people must toe in line at the right time to ensure the wellbeing of their lifestyle and sexual activities.