Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sheela Rajendra VermaYour feedback matters!
Do the sperms have that motility, that it can even travel to a thin pant of your opposite sex while hugging and kissing? Please help me Dr. did has given me a stress.
If you are into healthy eating, but like a dose of fat in your diet, we have a surprise for you. Not all fats are unhealthy. Saturated fats should be taken as a part of your diet while trans-fat should be banished. There are a lot of fats that are healthy and can actually help in promoting good health.
So read on to know how to eat lots of fat and still be healthy!
- Avocados: Avocados contain a monounsaturated fat that goes by the name of Oleic Acid. This also has numerous health benefits and is known as a super food that gives us Omega-3 fatty acids. It even contains plenty of potassium.
- Cheese: Remember to have a slice of cheese the next time you find yourself avoiding that mandatory glass of milk. Cheese is known as a great source of protein, calcium and vitamin B 12 as well as phosphorous. It also contains fatty acids that can even reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Dark Chocolate: A small dose of dark chocolate a day can actually keep skin damage and cardiac disease at bay. That's the result of medical studies. This superfood can also encourage better brain function thanks to the fact that it is rich in iron, magnesium, copper and other nutrients as well as essential fats.
- Eggs: The fats found in eggs do not affect the cholesterol levels in the blood, which makes it the ideal source of essential and healthy fats as well as protein and calcium. Eggs can protect the eyes from wear and tear thanks to the heavy element of choline. Plus, it also known as a weight loss friendly food.
- Fish: Fish and other seafood have proven health benefits thanks to the Omega-3 fatty acids, which can actually aid you in your weight loss journey and keep your heart healthy. This lean protein also helps in giving you essential nutrition when ingested on a regular basis.
- Seed Oil: Sunflower, olive oil and flaxseed oil have healthy fats with proven health benefits for everyone. The fats present in this kind of oil are very healthy and can actually help in retaining the good health of bones.
- Nuts: Dry fruit, almonds, figs, pistachios and raisins help in giving you your daily dose of natural fats that are healthy. You can munch on these for essential vitamins and minerals along with the fat content.
Improve your overall health as well as the quality of your hair and skin with these essential and healthy fats!
In a regular 26-32 day cycle for the past 6 months. If one has had unprotected sex on the 5th day of period. And took an I pill within 18 hrs. After 6 days got bleeding for 2 days. And after 34 days from LMP ie in november. Got the period in december. And january. But in feburary got bleeding only for 1 day. But in the meanwhile took 8 hpt test with the help of preganews. All negative. And took 2 beta hcg test. The first on 42 days from the unprotected incident and second from 63 days from the incident. Both of which came <1 miu/ml. So does that all rule out pregnancy. Or still chance of pregnancy there? On the 73 days from the from the incident took a transabdominal sonography which showed uterus is anteverted. Empty. And measures 8.9cm*4.7cm*3.6cm. please guide me with your advice.
I am 23 old age. I eat a periods control tablet and after 10 days I am having sex with my boyfriend. And after sex I eat unwanted72 but nothing is happen when I eat unwanted72. Now I eat pregnant control pill. After 22 days my periods is not happen but my stomach is paining rapidly. So please help what to do. Because I do not want to be pregnant.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time.
Here is everything you need to know about this ailment:
Symptoms: Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
Stages: There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal Stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild Stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate Stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe Stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
Treatment: There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone, Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases.
A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment.
One of the best news what a couple can have is to expect the arrival of a baby. With changing lifestyles, most people have chosen to have a baby much later in life, with education and career taking priority. However, when the couple is ready and it does not happen, there can be a lot of anxiety and stress.
It is normal for couples to take about 4 to 6 months to conceive, and there are various factors which can affect this. It is important to consider that the issue could be with either partner and so both need to be involved in testing to find out the underlying reasons.
When you have decided to check with a doctor, the following will be considered.
- The health conditions of both parents including lifestyle (tobacco, alcohol, diet patterns, weight, etc.)
- Medical history including medications
- Any history of infertility that runs in the family
- Sexual history including sexual health, STDs, painful sex
- Gynecologic history of female including any menstrual disorders or pelvic diseases like endometriosis
- Any issues with the male partner including erection or ejaculation
- Reproductive history including prior children, prior pregnancies, miscarriages
Some of the most common tests that would be done are listed below, separately for women and men.
Women: A physical exam will also include checking the pelvic area for any obvious signs of fibroids, cysts, PID, or endometriosis. This is followed by one or more of the following tests as required for the diagnosis of the underlying cause.
- A cervical smear test to test the vaginal and cervical environment
- Blood test to test for rubella infection, varicella or chickenpox
- Blood test to check for ovulation. This is done 7 days before the period and evaluates both whether ovulation is happening and other correlated factors like temperature, cervical mucus, quality of the egg
- Blood test to check for hormonal levels including FSH, prolactin, thyroid hormone, testosterone, and progesterone. Each of these plays a vital role in the entire pregnancy cycle, and so should be evaluated
- Urine test for chlamydia, which can cause infertility
- Scanning to check for the internal structures like fallopian tubes, uterine lining, and cervix.
- The first step is to understand if there is a sexual problem including erection and/or ejaculation
- A physical exam is done to look for swellings in the scrotum
- Blood test to check for hormonal levels, especially testosterone.
- Sperm analysis including quantity, quality, and motility of sperms. This is one of the easiest tests to do and should be done even before more elaborate tests are done in the female.
Involving both the partners is very important to solve this problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi, I'm a mother of 3 months old baby girl. I would like to know which fruits am I supposed to eat and avoid as I'm breastfeeding my baby.
My mom has periods since 6 month, after 2-3 days the bleeding starts and instead of blood there is clots of blood. Her age is 42 years. She had taken the operation so there is no pregnancy issue, so what is the cause of irregular periods?
I have gone through c-section delivery in april this year but after 3 and half months my tummy is not going in. It seems like 5 or 6 months pregnant. What should I do please help me.
My boyfriend fingered me. I do not know whether he had sperms on his hand .in case if he had. Are there any chances of getting pregnant?
My father is 57 he is still very much interested in sex but my mom is not she is 48 aged. He follows my mom every moment .so we consulted to psychologist he told that he is suspicious on my mom and blaming my mom's character. My mom is good one. Doctor asked to use tablets but also he dint change after using tablets .he is still crying unnecessarily and unsleepy .and we are in dilemma and depressed with him.
I made an un protected sex after 4 days of my period. And take Ipill after 12 hour. But my period not come in time 1.5months gone till now no period come.
PCOD, one tube removed due to ectopic. Embryo freeze since more than a year. My endometrium not growing beyond 6 mm and triple line not coming up. Tried ayurvedic for 1 year. Did 3 vasti and therapy. In allopathy tried many cycle with progynova, estradiol and Viagra tablet. Have One small fibroid. hysteroscopy and tbpcr done. Its normal. Kindly help, how ET can b grow. I don't want to go for surrogacy.
I've already taken ipill twice in a day. What wil happen due to this. Will I get breast cancer Jus coz ive taken it twice by mistake?
My right hand movement is not their sine 1 and half month I am under the treatment of neurologist I am taking those medicines I am 56 year old female I have done my mri on left side of my brain there are two small clots all blood reports also I have taken in that I have got thyroid that tablet also I am taking empty stomach in morning now I want to know how long period it will take to cure according to my doctor there was an paralysis attack.
My period is not regular. Sometimes it was twice in a month or sometime it was not. Other pbm is that face allergies occur again and again. Help me please is it possible due to irregular of period.
What breakfast should be given to your kids before exams?
When you are studying for your finals, good nutrition slides down on the priority list. Eat smart during morning. The idea is to get some protein, calcium, fibre etc. A bowl of cereal with milk and a piece of fruit would do the trick. The best food is banana, blueberries etc for your brain as they are the powerful antioxidants and contain natural sugar which offers clear energy.
You can add scrambled eggs, spinach, bell peppers, brocolli to your meal. The darker the color, the higher the concentration of nutrients.
How much is tea or coffee adivised?
Coffee/tea contains caffeine which is a stimulant. Too much caffeine can interfere in calcium absorption and affects the proper growth. In addition adding cream or sugar can leads to weight gain and cavities. Few sips is no big deal. In children who consume caffein may have some negative cardiovascular and neurological effects like anxiety, insomnia, mood swings, hyperactivity, poor appetite. As caffein is an addictive and addiction in any age is bad especially in childhood. Still if you want to take tea or coffee then I say not more than 150 mg (2 cups) to avoid negative side effects.
What should kids eat during the preparation to avoid sleep and laziness?
They shouls eat smaller 5-6 meals in a day rather than going for heavy breakfast, lunch, dinner to avoid sleep and laziness. They should eat smarter to maintain physical and mental energy necessary to study well. Eg iron rich food - meat, cereal, spinach.
Vitamin rich food like whole grain, wheat germ, eggs, nuts etc
Fish and soya are tge brain boosters
Smart snacking can enhance studying. It not only balance the nutrient levels but also keep blood sugar level stable. Eg a small baked potato or sweet potato, a banana etc
Last but not the least, you have to stay hydrated, as discussed caffein should be kept to a minimum. Better choices include water, fruit juices, milk, antioxidant rich green tea etc.
Good luck for the exams.