Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sheela KesarkarYour feedback matters!
Doctor I have a question to you all regarding health issue. Doctor I have seen various articles are present in Internet regarding drinking water issue some articles claims drinking water after food dilute stomach acid some articles says drinking water after food does not interfere the the stomach acid and digestion. So doctor can you please explain me whats the correct form for drinking water all that humours around net is all true or false? And thanks doctors if you all reply my question.
Hi doctor. I'm 73 kgs. Want to loose weight. Taking protein shakes. Is it good or not. Feeling sleepy after lunch. Some times sleeping for 1 hr. Is banana helps to loose weight or not. Thanks.
I have some soft mass grown on my left side of cheek where upper and lower gums contact each other having no pain or no other complications. On Monday dentist curved my teeth edges and small lining of mass is also removed but pain is still there and swelling is also there there kindly suggest what to do gone through blood test yesterday all are normal CBC, ESR.
Hello doctor. I am becoming thin and unhealthy .I'm becoming skinny. My hands are becoming thin both upper arm, biceps and wrist. My skin and hair is also degrading as I'm getting darker and hair falls rapidly. I want to build my muscles ,make my hands wide and also want to gain back my actual skin and hair. Please help me. Give me a meal chart and proper ways to tackle the situation. Thank you.
I am 24 year old. From past 2 months I am loosing my hair. I have consulted dermatologist she gave me medicine and ointment for 6 months. My hemoglobin level was low but now its improving but even now m facing hairfall problem very much. I have found that I have dandruff also. Please suggest me how should I overcome hairloss because day by day it is affecting my self esteem.
I am 8 weeks pregnant I have frequent vomiting after eating every meal whatever I eat I vomit. What is the reason and what is the solution for that? I feel too tired. Pls suggest.
I have failed my ca exams last year since that. I felt depressing. Please help me. What should I do to come out from this?
As an adult, you would be easily able to identify bad habits that may cause health issues. But what about the habits those appear to be innocent on the surface? Did you know that they can lead you to the grave early? It is not always possible to keep up with all that’s good for health particularly when the medical advice tends to alter. So, here is a list of some bad habits that are characteristics of modern life.
- Eating at the desk: You will be stunned to know that your work station comprises of a greater number of germs when compared to the toilet seat! This makes it the worst choice for dining. Besides these germs and bacteria, spending the time of eating at the working desk can lengthen the time during which you are physically inactive.
- Cleaning your teeth with toothpick: Many of us have the habit of removing food particles from the teeth with the help of toothpicks. But toothpicks may damage the teeth while making you susceptible to gum problems and other dental ailments.
- Cleaning your ears too much: Cleaning the ears rapidly and randomly can tear off the delicate ear drums and could even prove fatal if you do it wrong. Hence it is good to stay away from excessive cleaning of the ears.
- Plucking the hair in the nose: The habit of plucking those tiny, unwanted short hairs in the nose may be bad for you. When you pluck the hair of the nose, you also disrupt and tear away the skin around the hair. This lets the bacteria to find the way to your body which could pave the way for a host of health challenges.
- Watching television for long hours: Studies have reported that watching television for a long time can actually kill you. Your habit of watching back-to-back episodes of any television series can be detrimental to your health. This would increase your risk of dying from a blood clot in the lungs. This means if you watch television for about 5 hours of video every day can increase your risk of dying about 5 years earlier.
- Eating while watching TV: Another bad habit is snacking while watching tv since nutritionists say that watching television while eating can pose a serious risk to your health. This is also because people tend to munch on high-calorie foods while watching tv and it has numerous unwanted side effects. This would cause an excessive weight gain as people tend to get distracted while viewing television without being aware of what they have eaten.
I have hair fall only while oiling. I don't know what the reason is. Please suggest me to stop hair fall while oiling.
I'm 22 year's old, I have fever for last 3 days, I'm taking medicines properly but still I have fever, sir please tell me what should I do?
I haven't sleep since 3 days continues and also severe headache. I am tried the home medicine and some exercise but still can't change in my situation. Please give me a better way to go through it.
How to reduce the large pores in ma face. And also I have many black spots because of acne. Kindly suggest some creams or medicines for it. Thanks in advance.
Patella dislocation is mostly found among women and people associated with the high impact sport. It refers to a condition where the kneecap gets completely displaced from its normal location. Lateral dislocation is more common that involves the damage of ligaments and muscles. An immediate response to a patellar injury should be to cut down inflammation, stop engaging the patellofemoral joint and to relieve pain. One of the best ways to do it is to follow the RICE mechanism- rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Once this is done, one should seek urgent medical attention.
Symptoms of patellar dislocation:
- Immediate swelling of the knee area
- Extreme tenderness around the area of the knee cap
- Instability while bearing weight
- Acute pain near the knee cap area
- Quadriceps muscle weakness
- Redness to the affected area and instant fever as a result of the pain
- Warm feeling of the affected area
If patella remains dislocated, consult to doctor immediately. To put the kneecap back in place, doctor may give you pain medication to relax his or her knee muscles, and then gently apply pressure to move the kneecap back into place. This process is called a "reduction."
Immobilization. You may wear a brace for 4 to 6 weeks. This stabilizes the knee while it heals.
Weightbearing. Because putting weight on the knee may cause pain and slow the healing process, you may require crutches for the first week or two after the injury.
Physical therapy. Once the knee has started to heal, you doctor will require physical therapy to help you to regain normal motion. Specific exercises will strengthen the thigh muscles holding the knee joint in place. Your commitment to the exercise program is important for a successful recovery. Typically, patient return to activity 3 to 6 weeks after the injury.
Because a dislocation often damages knee tissue, the patella often remains looser, or more unstable, than it was before the injury. As a result, the patella may dislocate again. Recurrences also are common if the dislocation was caused by an irregularity in the knee structure. Ongoing exercises, such as cycling, can strengthen quadriceps muscles in the thigh and prevent future patellar dislocations.
If your patella dislocates multiple times, or continues to be unstable despite therapy and bracing, surgery may be recommended to correct the problem. The type of surgery will depend on the cause of the unstable kneecap. Surgical treatments often involve reconstructing the ligaments that hold the patella in place.
Post-surgical knee rehabilitation is a key step to a full recovery from patellar dislocation. The process of rehabilitation not only rebuilds the muscles but negate the chances of future dislocation. It also focuses on strength, endurance, power and full motion of the knee. The balance and agility of the limb are also focused upon.
How to prevent patellar dislocation?
Since the risk of recurrence of a patella dislocation is 50 percent, prevention procedures should be at the top of the list.
- Refraining from high impact sports.
- Wearing a knee cap
- Continuing the daily exercise recommended by the physiotherapist to ensure non recurrence of the patella dislocation. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.