Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sheela Gaikwad
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sheela GaikwadYour feedback matters!
My menstruations r coming with less bleeding since 2 months and lasts for only 3 days, I am a married women of age 27, not pregnant, done test, what could b the other reasons?
She had a problem with menstrual cycle. What are tablet which are useful for early onset of menstrual cycle.
I took norethisterone on the 20th of February when my period had just started and it stopped I got my period 3 days on the 26th-28th did the drug mess my cycle I have not received my period this month and I want to get pregnant.
I am 25 years married women. My periods is 9 days late. My last period was on april 5 and from few days to much headache, stomach burning sensation, frequent urinener, so is this the symptoms of pregnant.
Cucumber, scientific name Cucumis sativus, belonging to the plant family Cucurbitaceae, has been a winner from the word go. From hunger pangs to skin care, cucumber has never disappointed. While most of the people consider it a healthy practice to have the cucumber peeled before eating, the truth is just the opposite. The health benefits of unpeeled cucumber are beyond imagination. Unfortunately, not many people are aware of this. In this article, we will discuss the health benefits associated with unpeeled cucumber.
- Keep constipation and related problems at bay: If constipation has been giving you sleepless night, worry no more! The answer to all your problems lies in unpeeled cucumber. The cucumber peel is laden with insoluble fiber that goes a long way to improve the conditions of constipation and associated discomfort. For those with hardened stool, the inner part of the cucumber comes as a great relief. A rich source of soluble fiber, it works towards softening the stool. All in all, the unpeeled cucumber aids in preventing digestive and bowel related problems.
- An unpeeled cucumber a day keeps the ophthalmologist away: Not known to many, but the cucumber peel is an excellent source of Vitamin A (beta-carotene). For a healthy vision and eyesight, Vitamin A is important. When you peel the cucumber, the beta- carotene goes straight down the drain, a mistake that can cost you dearly.
- Get rid of the stubborn and unwanted fats: For those into dieting, hunger pangs and food cravings are inevitable. You feel like munching something at every short time interval without affecting the calorie content. An unpeeled cucumber is extremely low in calories (each slice containing ~ 1-2 g of calories). The next time, the hunger pangs come to haunt you, a slice or two of unpeeled cucumber is what you should munch on.
- Slows down the signs of skin aging: Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) comes as a blessing for the skin. It plays a pivotal role in reducing and slowing down the signs of skin aging by protecting the skin from the harmful oxidative damage. It also acts as a catalyst, accelerating the collagen production. The unpeeled cucumber, rather the cucumber peels are a rich source of ascorbic acid, peeling which you rob the skin of an essential vitamin.
- Source of important vitamins: The unpeeled cucumber is also an important source of Vitamin K or blood clotting factor. The health benefits of vitamin K are not new. In addition to regulating the clotting of blood during an injury, Vitamin K is also involved in the mineralization of the bone (thereby reducing bone loss and associated problems). It also ensures the healthy functioning of the brain and may be instrumental in avoiding certain types of cancer.
- Source of Minerals: The cucumber peels are also laden with magnesium, a mineral known for its benefits. From fighting insomnia and migraine related headaches to relieving muscle spasms, improving the digestion to soothing the nerves, magnesium does these all and a lot more.
With so many health benefits, the next time you eat a cucumber, make sure it is unpeeled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
We had unprotected sex day before yesterday and yesterday BT yesterday itself after 3 hours of unprotected sex I took an i-pill so I wanted to know are there any chances of unwanted pregnancy?
I am on birth control pills .but I have a question. I just completed my one month pack 3 days earlier. N now m waiting for my periods. I had unprotected sex yesterday n today. Though he did not ejaculate inside. Shud I be worried. My last period was on 30th of the previous month.
I am 42 years old woman. I am having irregular periods from last 2 months. It comes after alternative months. My fsh is 8. 32miu/ml. Lh is 1. 98miu/mi. & 0. 19ng/ml. I don' t have thyroid or obesity problem. I have an eleven years old daughter. Is this a sing of menopause? how can it be regular?
Hi doc, i'm 25 years old. Two years marriage life till we do not have baby. For my husband we did semen no problem for him. My side pcos biggest problem. I did two follicular study. Four months medication with ubiphene and brelet alternative months for ovulation. And duphaston, biopreg,glymet sr 5oo (from last month. I hav regular cycle, no thyroid or diabetic pblms. After I took the medications while mensuration I had severe abdominal pain, irregular menses. What should be my next for pregnancy?
If we have a cycle of 28 to 29 days. Then when it is safe to do unprotected sex. So that it can not lead to pregnancy .like if my periods date is 11 and it gets over at 15. So when it is safe to do sex.
I planned to take veg salad regularly and I am 7 months pregnant. Will it improves my skin texture and hair growth?
Hi doctor I am 9 weeks pregnant now I am getting bleeding I visited to doctor my baby heart beat is good. But my bleeding and brownish discharge is same from 8 weeks. please suggest me why this cause I am taking bed rest also! this is happening from 7 weeks I am taking injections hcg 50000 thrice weekly and susten thrice weekly.
I am having pcos for last 7 years conceived in 2012 with the help of medicine suffers miscarriage after three months of pregnancy since then unable to conceived now Dr. conducts hsg test that shows total fallopian tube blockages .my doctor advices laparoscopic surgery for it .i wanted to know is surgery is only solution or any other treatment is available for fallopian tube blockage? Pls help as earliest.
I am 34 years old female and my USG report shows a well defined left ovarian cystic SOL (size 46. 7 mm x 39. 6 mm approx). No septation or solid components noted within the cyst. Is it serious or required any major treatment. Please suggest what to do as I am getting married within few days.
Madam my wife have rubella igg positive. Already three miscarriages. My family doctor told me that it is difficult to give a healthy baby. Is it correct. Any other ways to have children in this case. Pls advice.
Every day we use our hands the most to get everything done. From drinking water to typing on the keyboard (and today on mobile phones); from holding the newspaper still when reading it to taking down academic notes- we use our hands for everything. But our hands like all other parts of the body have the capacity to carry out their functions. At times, we unknowingly put a lot of strain on our hands and they start to pain. Hand pains are quite common in everyone and it is equally common to practice certain exercises to control them quickly.
If you experience frequent pains in the hands, these are some of the exercises you can resort to.
Fist: You do not always make a fist while punching people. Sometimes you make a fist to tighten your hand muscles and nerves and smoothen the blood flow in your hands. This helps in reducing the pain in your hands to a great extent. In fact, folding your hand to a fist can also help in preventing hand pain.
Finger Bends: Bend each finger tightly towards your palm for at least a minute and then release it. Do it separately for each of the five fingers on your hand. This would ease out the tension in each of the fingers and normalize blood flow. This helps in curing any finger pain that you might be experiencing. It is especially a great exercise to prevent pain from developing in your thumb and index finger.
Thumbs Up: Usually, we show the thumbs up sign to signal all is well and best wishes to people. But it is also an exercise if continued for some time. All you have to do is place your palm on a table and curl all your fingers except the thumb inwards. Stretch the thumb outwards and hold it in this position counting up to ten. Then curl your thumb towards the palm. This exercise too helps in stretching the muscles.
Wrist: An important part of the hand is the wrist. The wrist joints are a very crucial set of bones and they tend to get injured very fast. They are also delicate enough to be sprained if the hand is turned abruptly. To avoid such injuries, strengthen the wrist and reduce wrist pain, a lot of wrist exercises are also prescribed. The simplest one is to extend your hand and move the wrist in anti-clockwise and clockwise directions.
Thus, these are some of the ways in which you can ease the pain in your hand in no time and go about normally with your daily chores. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.