Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sheela GaikwadYour feedback matters!
I am 37 and I had a baby through C sec about three months ago. I am having heavy bleeding during periods and during ultra sound I was told I have fibroid in my uterus. What should do to?
What is hsg test. Doctor prescribed me to test hsg. I am pcod suffering scanty period and could not conceive. After hsg test could I able to conceive. please help.
Hi my age is 29 years. I have aborted in 2013 july in the 5th month for first pregnancy. Doctor told to wait for 6 months for next baby. We waited for 6 months, and we are planning for a baby but, we are not successful. We waited for an year. Till now we are not successful. From sep 2014 to till now I am in treatment of infertility. Last dec2014, it was confirmed, and it is weakly positive, and again aborted with in ten days. Doctor prescribed fertyle 50 mg, duposton hormone tablets and dexona 0.5 mg and every month on 12th day of my period one pubergen 5000 injection was given. I am using these medicines for the last 6 months, but we are not successful in getting baby. I want to know that these medicines are good or not .Now my question is whether we will continue the same doctor or change the doctor . Please provide your suggestions. It is helpful for me.
I am 22yr old female and have done d&c 2weeks before. When I become fully healthy and can plan next?
She had a period on Oct 7 & last menstrual on 13th Nov n she too med primolut -n now till date her period is not started n wat is d reason behind her?
I am having facial hair growth over chin and a little around cheeks. It started 2-3 years ago when I got some medications for my irregularities in periods. Please suggest a safe treatment for me.
My wife is pregnant her first ultrasound report that the sac is without embryo with enlarge yolk sac, what does it mean.
I am 38 year old and trying to conceive through iui. Report of follicular monitoring on 13th days is: rt. Ovary: 11x11 mm, lt ovary: df 23x19mm, endometrial thickness: 9. 0 mm, no ff. Please advise when I should take hucog 5000 injection and iui?
Hi per my period date I should be of 11 weeks 2 days pregnant but as per the ultra sound report my pregnancy is of 9 weeks resulting delayed conception of 2 weeks 2 days though I can see the heart beat of the baby, is this delayed conception should be the cause of worry.
Worrying slows you down and only makes you dumb. It takes away your usual smartness and leaves you with lot of unwanted negativity. Besides, it makes your look older and your hair whiter! However, it is not easy to stop worrying as we worry about everything and for everyone. What we don't realise is that worrying has seldom achieved anything.
Here few things you can do to keep worrying at bay.
1. Postpone your worries to a specific time of the day - There is no point in worrying about something all day long. Not only does it affect your other work, it also affects your mind. Having said that, worrying can be helpful too. One might find a great solution, just with a little bit of pondering over the topic. So don't shun the worry, instead set aside a time to think about what is worrying you. Not only will it not gnaw on you mind all day, but you too can give it a constructive time when your mind is free of other preoccupations.
2. Use here and now techniques - Always try to remind yourself of what you should do “in this place”, “ at this time”, and focus on the activity or task you need to complete at that hour of the day.
3. Question your act of worrying - Evaluate the amount of time spend on worrying, how worrying is going to help you, how it can solve your problems or for that matter, the problems of others and in what better ways you could have spent the same time.
4. Relax yourself - Worrying can cause anxiety and tension which maintains the preoccupation and blocks the rational thinking process. So relax yourself. Use some systematic relaxation techniques or spend some time on any entertaining activity which relaxes you. Even having a casual chat or coffee along with your friend can be helpful.
5. Identify your negative thoughts - Try to identify the negative thoughts that arise in you which maintains the intensity of your worries. Challenge these negative thoughts and try to replace it with thoughts of hope and success
6. Develop problem solving skills: try to put your worries into a statement which describes the real core problem, brainstorm to find all the available solutions. Try to analyze the available solutions and choose the one that suits you the best. Start the solution at the earliest.
7. Develop acceptance - Many issues which you worry about may be the ones which are not in your control or even sometimes not your problem at all. Develop the tendency to accept that all issues will not be under your control at all times.
8. Prepare yourself to Wait - In case of worries about issues where uncertainty prevail, prepare yourself to wait till a concrete status I arrived at just like waiting for examination results.
9. Develop trust worthy friends - Good and trustworthy friends can help you in distracting your thoughts from the preoccupation with your worries and sometimes even provide effective solutions to the problems. Just sharing your worries with your friends may by itself give you some relief. Be careful not to engage with friend who would further add on to your confusion.
10. Seek help - if you feel that you are finding it difficult to come out of this vicious circle of worrying, don’t hesitate to meet a professional who can help you the resolve the problem
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
2 years back I had a lump in my breast after diagnose, I got to know it was fibroid and I got operated for the same. Dr. Pls tell me is that possible that it can happen again. Cz currently I feel there little tiny lump in my breast it's smaller than a piece of rice. Pls advice me is that serious or what precautions I should take.
Hi, my mother is 50 years old she is feeling lots weakness in body her health is getting down day by day & her diet also very poor we got her blood test also in the report everything is fine I want to ask can we give her iron calcium tablets or tonics I would like to be happy if you will suggest something better.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.
I am 27 years old female. I have one kid 3 year old. After my pregnancy I face two problem one is irregular period and another one is gaining weight. Now I am 72 kg. My belly fat was too much. Pls help me out.
Going for a mini vacation and worried as to how you would be able to stick to your diet and fitness regimen?
Don't fret Here are a couple of tips that will help u stay as near as your meal plan specially designed by your Registered Dietician, for your lifestyle
Firstly do not consider diet/ meal plan and exercise regimen as a burden. the key is to incorporate healthy eating and exercise as a part of normal living patterns.
Be well informed about the local foods available at the places that you would be visiting.
Choose wisely the low-fat options available.
Simultaneously, be also aware that low-fat foods are not necessarily low calorie, especially coz then you tend to eat them in larger quantities. The extra carbohydrates proportion created due to the reduction in fat percentage will eventually get converted into fat
Leave your dining table with a feeling that you could have eaten more. Do not stuff your stomach to its fullest capacity
Keep handy snacks like roasted chana, dry fruits (preferably the unsalted ones), fresh fruits, roasted makhanas, khajoor, etc
Avoid loading onto bakery foods in your food luggage bag. even the seemingly low calorie healthy/ whole grain bread and biscuits would do more harm than good coz of the trans-fatty acids or the saturated fats used as leavening agents
Remember the motto 'from farm to plate- no machinery in between'
Instead of popping in peppermints and accumulating sugar and hence fat, the healthy idea would be to keep a stock of natural mouth fresheners like cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, etc. these will up your antioxidant quota too.
Do not neglect your protein intakes. Carry packets of skim milk powder with you and enjoy fat-free milk, anytime, anywhere.
Carry sufficient water bottles along. do not tank up on carbonated beverages, just because you feel lazy to carry the extra weight in your handbags.
The extra weight that you put on while consuming these on your memorable trip, would be a disaster to health and lead to guilt later on
Lastly, do not forget your exercise regimen. Remember, muscle mass tends to be lost within 7 days of physical inactivity. Loss of muscle mass leads to reduction in basal metabolic rate and more of fat accumulation and the famous 'yo-yo syndrome.' which makes fat loss difficult later
Physical activity can be any forms like avoiding the elevator and using the staircases only of the hotel. walking as much as possible for short distances, especially when the sight seeing distances are shorter.Asana like Surya namaskar, chakki asanas, etc can be done an early morning in the hotel room itself. Mantra is to keep walking (it will help you burn the extra calories consumed and also keep your metabolic rate elevated.
One would not like to come back from a memorable trip outstation and be bogged down with the guilt of fat tires and love handles accumulated. prevention is better than cure.
Most importantly, even if you have failed to follow any of these tips, pl do not forget to go to your Registered Dietician for your regular scheduled follow-up visit
Stay healthy, stay blessed
Exams are really tough times for most students irrespective of the level of their preparation. It is natural to get anxious before and during the exam time. Anxiety is a natural state in which people are either uneasy or fearful, depending on the situation that is making them anxious.
Generally, students suffer from anxiety and fear when exam time approaches:
- Forms of ailment: Depending on the medical studies conducted throughout the world, anxiety is divided into the following types:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: People suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder usually feel nervous and anxious. They even experience fear in conducting routine tasks and worry a lot about the same. Students suffering from this anxiety tend to worry a lot during exam time even after knowing that they are fully prepared to take the exam. Usually, the sufferers here are unable to control their worrying.
- Phobias: Phobia refers to the feeling of excessive fear for any particular thing or object or action. Phobia clearly interferes with the normal functioning of the individual and causes the sudden flow of adrenaline through his or her body. People suffering from any kind of phobia tend to avoid the cause or reason for their fear. Students mostly suffer from social phobias when it comes to exams and their performance.
- Panic disorder: Panic Disorders are characterized by quick and intense fear. People suffering from this kind of anxiety disorder are prone to experience panic attacks - the situation that involves periods of intense fear and discomfort along with rapid heartbeat, nausea, shortness of breath and dizziness. Panic Disorder causes its sufferers to develop the anxiety of having panic attacks which further increases the problem.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: People suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder usually feel compelled to act in a certain way which doesn't appear normal to others. The kind of obsessions people feel due to this ailment include checking if a door is locked repeatedly or washing hands again and again, and so on.
Students usually suffer from generic anxiety disorders before and during the exam. An apt amount of anxiety leads to great results as it makes the person serious about his or her goals and focus on the same.
Anxiety is something that everyone suffers from at one or the other point in their life. The levels of suffering can be different from person to person. The major symptoms of anxiety are listed below:
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness and unsteadiness
- Trembling or shaking
- Heart palpitations
- Hot flushes or chills
- Fear of going out of control
- Nausea and abdominal distress
Homoeopathy provides amazing treatment in the form of drugs for anxiety and phobia. There are multiple drugs in Homoeopathy for treating anxiety, some of which are listed below. Students can go for any of them and get rid of the exam fear so that they can perform well in their exams:
- Aconitum Napellus
- Arsenicum Album
- Argentum Nitricum
- Ignatia Amara
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.