Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sheel VoraYour feedback matters!
I am asking on behalf of my mother whose age is 58 years. She is having tooth pain but due to high sugar and pain , doctor is not ready to pluck the bad tooth right now. As a pain killer she Is taking oxalgin DP . My concern is that is it harmful for her health or she can take this medicine for some time ? Thanks in advance.
i used the Colgate toothpaste for the past 35 years, but nowadays my teeths are very sensitive & not strong, one hole is in right side teeth. Please suggest.
I got there problem. When I brush my there without toothbrush. I got bleeding in my there. Pleasehelp.
Hi I am 43 years and diabetic, now a day my teeth are iching with cavities what shall I do please suggest
I have mouth ulcers for almost 2 weeks tried many home remedies and medicine too but no use now what should I do? I frequently sure with headache for no cause what should I do? I had gastric problem and how should I reduce it? I had lot of hair fall need some suggestions to reduce it? I have back pain problem at an age of 18 how can I manage my rest of life?
My age is 30. My mouth is very bad smell in my throat. & what is the reason for this smell? How can I cure it?
Gum disease is characterized by inflammation of the gums caused by the bacteria present in plaque (a colorless and sticky film on the teeth). This disease affects the soft tissue and the bones surrounding the teeth. The bacteria causes irritation in the gums leading to infection and bleeding, while brushing your teeth.
The symptoms of gum disease are bleeding gums, over sensitive gums, continuous bad breath, change in the normal placement of teeth etc.
Following are a number of reasons why gum diseases occur, some of them are:
- Prevailing diseases: Sometimes diseases, such as malignant tumors and AIDS can disrupt the immune system of the body. Due to the malfunctioning immune system, the gums become vulnerable to issues such as cavities.
- Smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and alcohol consumption cause problems in the gum tissue as the gums lose their ability to repair themselves effectively.
- Hormonal changes: Changes in behavior of the hormones in the body can increase sensitivity in the gums. This can make the gums prone to diseases.
- Not following proper dental hygiene: Not brushing and flossing on a regular basis can cause plaque accumulation in the teeth. The bacteria present in the plaque may cause gum diseases.
- Family history: If many people in the family have suffered from gum disorders, then your chances of getting gum diseases are relatively higher.
How can you prevent gum disease?
Gum diseases can be prevented by following proper dental hygiene. Brushing twice a day and flossing on a regular basis are the best methods of preventing gum diseases. Regular dental checkups are also recommended to identify any gum problems early and also prevent them. Modifications in lifestyle such as limiting smoking, eating a diet rich in antioxidants and reducing stress can also help in preventing gum diseases.
Severe cases of gum diseases may require surgery but mild cases can disappear by following a proper dental hygiene. Gum diseases have also been known to be associated with diabetes and heart diseases.