Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shasika TambeYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. My query is- I am having pcos and thyroid. Last cycle I took clomifene citrate and hmg on cd-3 & 5. I ovulated on day 11. I was 17 days past ovulation and my af was due today. I was about to take home pregnancy test but noticed my af has started as per its right time. Why so? I took treatment and ovulated also but still no results for assisted pregnancy? I was hoping for pregnancy but this is heart breaking. I had a still birth 9months ago. For that also I took treatment they make me ovulate through hmg and then trigger hcg for rupture. And I conceived in first time. Taking same treatment this time but cycle failed why?
I am 24 yrs old. This month i'm having unusual periods which have been going on for two weeks. In the first week I had very slight bleeding but in the second week it was heavy and was more prominent in the morning and late evening. I do have irregular periods and my monthly cycle varies. Is this hormonal change and normal?
Hello my wife has pain in her breast in left side. Like muscle catch. When she lift anything from left hand she gets pain. And when she takes deep breath she gets pain. Only In left side below her Breast.
I am 25 years old and having son of 6 months, incidently I got pregnant again but I dont want it right now as my baby is too little. What to do? is there any medicine for aborting my pregnancy?
I got married 1 year back. I am getting my periods so late. It is taking 40 days to come next period. This is happening from last 5 months. What would be the main problem for me?
# Dengue fever is transmitted by the bite of an Aedes mosquito infected with a dengue virus. The mosquito becomes infected when it bites a person with dengue virus in their blood. It can’t be spread directly from one person to another person.
# Symptoms, which usually begin four to six days after infection and last for up to 10 days, may include:
- Sudden high fever,
- Severe headaches,
- Pain behind the eyes,
- Severe joint and muscle pain,
- Skin rash, which appears two to five days after the onset of fever,
- Mild bleeding (such a nose bleed, bleeding gums, or easy bruising).
# Diagnosing Dengue Fever
Doctors can diagnose dengue infection with a blood test to check for the virus or antibodies to it. If you become sick after traveling to a tropical area, let your doctor know. This will allow your doctor to evaluate the possibility that your symptoms were caused by a dengue infection.
# Treatment for Dengue Fever
There is no specific medicine to treat dengue infection. If you think you may have dengue fever, you should use pain relievers with acetaminophen and avoid medicines with aspirin, which could worsen bleeding. You should also rest, drink plenty of fluids, and see your doctor. If you start to feel worse in the first 24 hours after your fever goes down, you should get to a hospital immediately to be checked for complications.
Compelling urge to get physical with your partner that is an aberration from what is expected of a person, that is to say usual genital arousal for a phenotypically normal, physically of age and consenting human counterpart, is referred to as Paraphilia or sexual perversion. This condition lives up to the standards of a disabling problem when it hampers the overall health of a person, leads to psychological setback or victimization of another individual (read more for healthy sexual life).
Psychological impacts of going through such a condition
1. The perpetrator of the variation may or may not see this as a condition: The person suffering from this condition may or may not treat it as a problem. In both ways, it is harmful. Knowing it as a problem and not seeking treatment or assistance can be harmful for oneself and others. Not realizing that you are subject to a serious sexual condition might propel you to commit wrong to non- consensual partners while being confident about your ways.
2. Social ostracization kills them: Coming in the open with a sexual fantasy that is not acceptable to the society can leave you with varied reactions. People might be incited to attack you for being unusual or they might isolate you. The latter is a probable outcome. Rarely does society guide you towards betterment in such cases. Social ostracization can result in deep rooted hatred for the world at large.
3. Perpetual humiliation can push them more into Paraphilia: Humiliation for being different from the rest can make a person feel shame. Shame and constant regret cannot help an instance of sexual perversion. It can make a man or woman more obstinate. In such a situation a person would strongly cling to his or her condition feeling extremely dejected.
4. 'To be or not to be' haunts people suffering from Paraphilia: Many times a sufferer is not able to understand what is wrong in having objectionable sexual behavioral tendencies and fantasies. As long as your fantasies are limited to your own mental domain or are performed on a consensual partner, there are no complications. The minute an obnoxious sexual urge is performed leading to personal or public harm, a threatening hitch arises.
5. Problems in expressing oneself can make a person suicidal: To adhere to societal norms a person might keep his desires on a leash. This kind of compromising over a long span of time will make a person depressive and may also prompt him to commit suicide.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Lovemaking is an essential aspect of any healthy relationship yet some couples are not aware of how the bodies change during the intercourse. While making love, a woman’s body goes through four different stages that trace the evolution of her sexual desire. Each stage has its own characteristics of specific physical responses and the woman’s breasts play a vital role in making the experience a pleasing one.
1. The excitement phase: This is the first stage of having sex where the mutual stimulation prepares the vagina. The first sign of sexual arousal is experiencing a vaginal lubrication that typically happens within 10 to 30 seconds of the stimulation. As the excitement builds up, the amount of fluid increases and the nipples also become erect. This happens mainly due to the contractions in small muscle fibres that respond to the sexual arousal.
2. The plateau phase: This is when the sexual stimulation is even more intense and the orgasm is just about to occur. The opening of the vagina narrows by about 30 percent for gripping the male genitals. Sometimes the colour of the inner vaginal lips also changes from pink to bright red. And the whole body reacts to the sexual arousal, and about 50- 75 percent of women across the world experience red spots resembling measles in and around the breasts, face, neck and buttocks. This is called as sex flush.
3. Orgasm: This is the juncture when the female body reaches the throes of the sexual pleasure and is immediately followed by relaxation. The breasts can swell by up to 25 percent at this stage. This makes the breasts ultra-sensitive and much larger than their original size. The nipple stimulation leads to the activation of same areas of the brain like the vaginal, cervical and clitoral stimulation. And the nipples turn from a pale to a deeper hue with the increase in the blood flow during the arousal.
4. Resolution phase: At this stage, the rate of blood pressure as well as heart rate fall as the woman calms down at this stage. But if sexual stimulation continues, then the resolution phase would span a very short time and the woman is likely to go back to the first three stages for further orgasms that lead to temporary enlargement of breasts.
Thus there is nothing to be worried about if you experience swelling of breasts when you are sexually aroused. However, if you feel that your breasts have become tender or causing any sort of abnormalities, then you must speak with a sexologist without further delay.