Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shasika Tambe
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shasika TambeYour feedback matters!
Many of us thrive on the diet rich in processed fast foods as we hardly get time to cook a wholesome meal for ourselves in this fast-paced schedule. Moreover, the junk foods hardly have anything to contribute to our body while the baked goods strip off all the essential nutrients. These are some of the prime reasons behind vitamin deficiency. Even though that doesn’t mean that it will leave your body impaired or lead to any disease, but it can prevent some organs from functioning properly.
This is because vitamins are regarded as co-contributors for all the essential biochemical reactions within the body. Fatigue, shortness of breath, weight loss and irregular heartbeats are some of the well-known signs of vitamin deficiency, but you should be aware of the unusual vitamin-deficiency signs as well.
- White and red acne on the arms, thighs, and cheeks: This means that your body is not just deficient in Vitamins A and D, but some essential fatty acids as well. If you spend long hours in air-conditioned spaces and live in a region high in pollution, you are more likely to suffer from these deficiencies. You should eat a lot of fishes, eggs and green leafy vegetables in this case. You should consume dairy products since they contain healthy fats along with all the fresh fruits and vegetables you can think of.
- Tingling sensation followed by numbness in the hands and feet: This indicates that your body is deficient in B vitamins such as B12, B6, and folate or B9. It is a health issue directly connected with the peripheral nerves and their ending on the skin. These symptoms may be accompanied by depression, anemia, fatigue and even hormone imbalances. Foods like eggs, mutton, chicken, nuts, wheat germ, brown rice, grains, and sprouts are an excellent source of vitamin B.
- Cracks at the corner of the mouth: This is a common symptom indicating a deficiency of B vitamins along with iron and zinc. This problem is mostly seen among vegetarians since they do not eat enough iron, zinc and Vitamin B12. It could also mean that you are cutting down on some proteins required for your immunity building owing to excessive dieting. You should include more poultry products, tomatoes, lentils, and peanuts. Make sure that you eat dairy products such as paneer, yogurt, and ghee or clarified butter.
- Muscle cramps along with throbbing pain in calves, arches of feet and back portion of the legs: If this is the case with you, then you are not just deficient in vitamin but calcium, magnesium and potassium as well. This may also happen if you are training hard since you are likely to lose more minerals through heavy sweating. Have a lot of fresh fruits, dry fruits and vegetables to fix these issues.
The key to avoiding such problems is to have a balanced meal every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
My girlfriend had taken unwanted 72 pills twice in a month. Once before 2 days of cycle and 2nd after 8 days of cycle completion. Is she will face some side effects later on? If yes then what kind of that?
Infertility is a medical condition which is characterised by problems in successful conception, even after prolonged and frequent unprotected sex amongst a couple. Infertility may occur due to problems with either the male, the female partner and in many cases both of them. This condition can cause much strife in a relationship not just within the individuals but also be a cause for social embarrassment. The causes of infertility could be-
- Testicular injury or deformed testis,
- Irregular menstrual periods,
- Problems with erections,
- Uterus is ill-shaped,
- Premature ejaculation,
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases caused by Sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia,
- Scanty sperm count,
- Thyroid disorders,
- Blockage of the fallopian tube.
Other lifestyle related reasons could be excessive alcohol consumption, aging, diabetes, obesity, high pressure and as a side effect of radiation therapy or other medications.
Ayurveda and Infertility-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, infertility occurs when there is a deficiency of nutrients in the Shukra Dhatu of an individual. This might occur as a result of indigestion and excessive toxic content in the human body. This could be caused due to excessive consumption of spicy foods or if they have chronic stress or anxiety. The Ayurvedic remedies boost the nutrition of the Shukra Dhatu in order to boost fertility. The most potent Ayurvedic herbs which can cure infertility are as follows:
- A prescribed consumption of the powder of dried banyan bark along with sugar might help to cure infertility.
- The inclusion of cumin and turmeric powder in regulated dosages in your daily food might also help to facilitate fertility.
- A consumption of the root of the herb Ashwagandha for 3 times a day has also been shown to be beneficial.
- A daily consumption of the powder of Vanari Kalpa in warm milk might help in curing any problems related to the ejaculation of semen.
- Consuming a mixture of the powder of Vrushya vati in warm milk, it might help to increase the sperm count.
- The consumption of Ayurvedic preparation of phalasarpi (a mixture of the herbs Kustha, manjistha, Triphala, tagara, haldi etc.) might help to deal with the problems of infertility in women.
- Yoga also has many effective asanas or poses which help boost both male and female fertility and thus may help in correcting infertility caused due to physical factors such as injuries or deformities.
- Changes in lifestyle also have to be brought in such as quitting smoking, reducing alcohol consumption among others. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor gud morning. Ultra sound pelvis report. Uterus: appears bulky measuring 9.1 × 7.0 × 6.7cm, anteverted. Poorly differentiated myometrial and endometrial echoes. Heterogeneous coarse myometrial echoes noted. Areas of hypoechoic foci noted diffusely within the myometrium - possibly representing cystic degeneration. Visualised endometrium measures ~ 4 - 5mm. Seedling fibroids noted in posterior wall. Ovaries: right ovary not clearly visualised? H/o surgery done. Left ovary appears enlarged in size, measures ~ 4.5 × 3.9 cm. Multiple follicular cysts of varying sizes noted within. Largest measuring ~ 2.7 ×2.1 cm. A small tubular structure measuring ~ 2.1 × 1.8 cm noted adjacent to left ovary? Hydrosalpinx? Paraovarian cyst. POD: no free fluid in POD. No adnexal mass lesion seen. Bladder: Normal in contour. No intraluminal echoes seen. IMPRESSION: features of Adenomyosis Suggested MRI Pelvis / clinical correlation. My question s still she didn't having child. If it is possible to conceive to take any treatment. Which treatment she will take to conceive. Pls tel me doctor.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, also known as PID, is characterized by an infection that occurs in woman's reproductive organs. Usually, this occurs as a result of complications arising from STD. The disease causes severe damage to the ovaries, fallopian tubes and the uterus. It is one of the major causes of infertility in women.
Mode of infection- The cervix (the lower part of uterus), which is the entry to the body of the uterus has the function of stopping bacteria that are present in the vagina from spreading to other organs. Once infected by STD, the cervix can no longer perform its function effectively of preventing bacteria from spreading to other organs. PID develops when the infection spreads from cervix to the upper areas of the genital tract.
There are certain factors which increase chances of being affected by PID:
- Being sexually active
- Already affected by one
- Past history of PID
- Having multiple sexual partners
Symptoms- Women may experience pain while urinating and engaging in sexual intercourse, coupled with sore feeling in the stomach along with nausea. Abnormal vaginal discharge and a rise in body temperature are other symptoms.
Treatment- Once the disease has been diagnosed by a doctor, a treatment plan is devised. The treatment options that you can avail of are:
- Medications: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe antibiotic medications. Usually, the antibiotics are administered by mouth unless the symptoms are severe, when the drugs are administered by injection. Your partner may also require medications sometimes if you happen to be diagnosed with PID.
- Surgery: Surgery may have to be recommended by the doctor in case of severe tissue inflammation and the presence of pus (abscess). The aim of surgery is to get rid of the abscess.
In addition to the treatment methods, there are certain precautionary measures that one can adopt to be safe:
- Have protected sex.
- Try and stick to one sexual partner.
- Visit your gynecologist for regular checkups.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
राई का वैज्ञानिक नाम से सेकेल सेरियल है. यह एक घास जैसा लगने वाला पौधा है. हलांकि इसके बीज देखने में जौ या गेहूं जैसा ही होता है. इसके उत्पादन की शुरुवात तुर्की से हुई थी लेकिन आज इसका उत्पादन संपूर्ण विश्व में किया जाता है. राई की खेती करने में सबसे बड़ी समस्या ये है कि इसकी जड़ों में फंगस लग जाता है. जिससे इसके फसल के जल्दी ही सड़ जाने का डर रहता है. राई में कई तरह के पोषक तत्वों और खनिज पदार्थों की प्रचुरता होती है. जैसे इसमें मैग्नीशियम, फाइबर, मैगनीज, फास्फोरस, तांबा, विटामिन बी, फिनॉलिक एंटीऑक्सीडेंट्स, आदि प्रमुख रूप से पाए जाते हैं. राई के फायदे और नुकसान पर एक नजर डालते हैं.
1. पाचन तंत्र को मजबूत बनाने में
कई शोधों से यह पता चलता है कि राई, एक महत्वपूर्ण पाचन में मदद करने वाला एक महत्वपूर्ण खाद्य पदार्थ है. राई हमारी कोशिकाओं की उपापचय की क्षमता को भी अनुकूलित करने के साथ-साथ हानिकारक जीन के उत्पादन को भी कम करती है.
2. कैंसर के उपचार में
राई का उपयोग कैंसर के उपचार में भी किया जाता है. क्योंकि इसमें मौजूद फेनोलिक्स नाम का एंटीऑक्सीडेंट कई तरह के कैंसर जैसे की ब्रेस्ट कैंसर, पेट के कैंसर और प्रोस्टेट कैंसर को रोकने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है.
3. कब्ज दूर करने में
राई फाइबर समृद्ध खाद्य पदार्थ होने के कारण हमारे शरीर में कब्ज जैसी समस्याओं के निदान में उपयोगी है. इसके अलावा राई में पाया जाने वाला पोषक तत्व पेट की अन्य समस्याएं जैसे कि पेट में गैस, पेट दर्द, ऐंठन, अल्सर, पित्त पथरी आदि को भी कम करने का काम करते हैं.
4. वजन घटाने में
विशेषज्ञों के अनुसार फाइबर युक्त खाद्य पदार्थ वजन को घटाने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाते हैं. इसके अलावा वजन को नियंत्रित करने के लिए खाद्य पदार्थों कैलोरी की भी काफी कम होनी चाहिए. ये दोनों गुण एक साथ आपको राई में मिल जाता है. फाइबर आपको भूख नहीं लगने देता और कैलोरी की कम मात्रा दोनों मिलकर आपका वजन काफी हद तक कम कर सकते हैं.
5. शुगर के उपचार में
शुगर में हमारे शरीर में इंसुलिन के स्तर में काफी बढ़ोतरी हो जाती है. इसलिए भोजन के समय यह ध्यान रखना होता है कि उस खाद्य पदार्थ से हमारे शरीर में इंसुलिन का स्तर न बिगड़े. इसलिए आपको चाहिए ऐसा खाद्य पदार्थ जिसमें ये गुण पहले से ही मौजूद हो. राइ एक ऐसा ही खाद्य पदार्थ है जिससे कि इन्सुलिन का स्तर प्रभावित नहीं होता है. इसका कारण ये है कि राई बड़े अणुओं से बना होता है इसलिए ये आसानी से सरल चीनी में नहीं टूटता है.
6. अस्थमा के उपचार में
राई के नियमित सेवन बच्चों में अस्थमा की संभावना को कम कर सकता है. कई शोधों में ऐसा पाया गया है कि राई का सेवन करने वाले बच्चों की तुलना में जिन बच्चों ने राई का सेवन नहीं किया था उनमें अस्थमा होने की संभावना 60% तक ज्यादा पाई गई.
7. रक्तचाप में
यदि आप एथिरोस्केलेरोसिस जिसमें धमनियां ब्लॉक हो जाती हैं, या उच्च रक्तचाप से पीड़ित हैं तो आपके लिए राई का सेवन काफी फायदेमंद साबित हो सकता है. क्योंकि राई में विटामिन खनिज और फाइबर प्रचुर मात्रा में पाए जाते हैं. जो कि आपकी धमनियों के ब्लॉकेज को खत्म कर सकते हैं.
8. पित्ताशय की पथरी में
फाइबर से समृद्ध खाद्य पदार्थ होने के कारण राई हमारी पाचन क्रिया को दुरुस्त करके इसमें होने वाली पथरी के विकास को रोकने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है. इसके अलावा यह अन्य समस्याओं को भी खत्म करता है.
राई के नुकसान
- राई कई लोगों के लिए परेशानी का कारण बन सकता है.
- ऐसे लोगों को चिकित्सकीय परामर्श लेने की आवश्यकता होती है.
Periods problem from past 5 months not getting correctly lots of pain with very low bleeding this month date over before one week still iam not getting iam very confused with this problem.
With the rampant surge of natural wellness mantras and heightened worldwide obsession with coconut oil, oil pulling is now trending like never before. Social media confessions by famous celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Miranda Kerr, Shailene Woodley, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen swear by the benefits of oil pulling from whiter teeth to healthier gums.
What is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy involving the act of swishing oil (usually organic Cold Pressed Sesame, Sunflower or Coconut) in the mouth for up to 20 minutes in empty stomach to remove oil soluble toxins from the body. Oil pulling is definitely an inexpensive and safe practice with a plethora of anecdotal support including help with skin conditions, arthritis, asthma, headaches, hormone imbalances, infections, liver problems and more. It is suitable for every age group including pregnant and nursing women. Children old enough to spit can safely try oil pulling.
Step by step Guide
Put 1-2 teaspoons of oil into the mouth. The oil traditionally used in oil pulling is organic sesame, coconut or sunflower oil. It is also possible to do oil pulling with pre-made coconut oil chews. Oil pulling is best done in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, though it can be done before meals if needed.
Swish for 20 minutes. Apparently the timing is key, according to Dr. Bruce Fife, author of Oil Pulling Therapy, as this is long enough to break through plaque and bacteria but not long enough that the body starts re-absorbing the toxins and bacteria. The oil will get thicker and milky as it mixed with saliva during this time and it should be creamy-white when spit out. It will also double in volume during this time due to saliva. At first, it can be difficult to make it the full 20 minutes. Feel free to spit it out and start again but stick to the total desired duration.
Spit oil into the trash can/supplement container. Do not spit in sink, toilet or shower area as the oil may thicken and clog pipes. Do not swallow the oil as it is presumably full of bacteria, toxins, dead skin and/or pus.
Rinse well with warm water. Warm saline water seems to clean the mouth better to remove any remaining oil out of the mouth followed by regular brushing.
Oil pulling is known for its ability to eradicate bad breath and reduce plaque in the mouth because of its ability to help wipe out harmful bacteria like streptococcus mutans. Lauric acid present in coconut oil specifically works against this bacteria.
It reduces tooth decay by reducing the microbial count. Some reports even claim that it aids in remineralizing of teeth but lack sufficient evidence. Teeth sensitivity is reduced if oil pulling is done on a regular basis.
The oil possesses natural antibiotic and antiviral properties that brighten and cleans teeth, enhancing your smile with whiter teeth. Do not expect a drastic change in tooth color as achieved with professional whitening systems.
Possible holistic treatment for TMJ and general soreness of jaw by providing temporary relief from symptoms.
It is very effective in treating acute gingivitis by reducing swelling and bleeding from gums.
Oil pulling ritual results in super smooth and clean teeth, moistens lip and cheek and soothes dry throat.
It has an overall effect of strengthening teeth, gums and jaw.
1. Boosts Immune System: Oil pulling generates antioxidants which damage the cell wall of microorganisms and kill them thereby removing the noxious culprits without stressing our immune system. We eventually feel more energetic with better clarity of mind.
2. Detoxes and Purify Body: Oil pulling activates salivary enzymes which absorb chemical, bacterial and environmental toxins from the blood and remove them from the body through the tongue. It is claimed to improve longevity of human beings.
3. Maintains Hormonal Balance: Without having to compete with foreign substances, hormonal balance is intact and they function to the best of their ability.
4. Reduces Headache: When the body is under toxic stress, headaches and migraines are a common byproduct which can be avoided by eliminating harmful micro-organisms from the body via oil pulling. It also helps in reducing hangover after alcohol consumption.
5. Clean and Clear Skin: Oil pulling drastically reduces rashes, acne and other skin problems by removing toxins from the body that would otherwise enter into the bloodstream. It aids in reduction of eczema.
When you start oil pulling, it will be extremely difficult to pull the oil against your teeth for even few minutes. It is common to feel nauseatic or even have stomach upset for the initial few days. It is natural to build it up over time with practice and experience some of the positive effects immediately, or over a period of time. Oil pulling can be safely used as an adjunct to daily oral hygiene habits to improve overall health of the mouth/body and is definitely not a substitute for regular brushing/flossing.
Do let us know about your own experience!
A sexual dysfunction which may affect your relation with your partner. These issues affect both, men and women. Sexual dysfunction in men can be a consequence of a physical or mental issues, including stress.
The problems men may encounter include:
- Erectile dysfunction (ED): ED can be a cause uncontrolled Diabetes, medications such as Beta Blocker group of drugs for hypertension, Smoking or by anxiety about engaging in sexual relations. Dejection, weariness, and anxiety can add to it.
- Ejaculation issues: These include premature ejaculation (discharge that happens too soon during intercourse). The causes include medicines, like low frequency of sexual intercourse, nervousness about sex, too much glans penis sensitivity and guilt.
- Low libido: Mental issues like anxiety and tension about engaging in sexual relations can prompt a diminished or no sexual craving. Lower male hormone levels (testosterone), physical ailments, and depression and it's medicines can also decreases libido.
In many cases, sexual dysfunction in women might include:
- Vaginal dryness: This can lead to issues with excitement and craving, as sex can be painful when the vagina is not lubricated. Vaginal dryness can be due to hormonal changes that happen during and after menopause or while breastfeeding, for instance. Lack of enough foreplay, Lack of privacy, fear of pregnancy, dislike of the partner can also cause vaginal dryness.
- Low drive: Absence of sexual yearning can be created by lower levels of the hormone estrogen. Exhaustion, if the partner is suffering from premature ejaculation, and tension prompts low charisma.
- Trouble achieving orgasm: Failure to have an orgasm can influence both men and women. Once more, some stimulant drugs can likewise bring about a solution for these issues.
- Pain during sex: Lack of enough foreplay, local infection and even vaginismus, these conditions lead to pain during intercourse. If you are encountering sexual health problems, raise your worries with your sexologist.
You can regularly redress your issue by:
- Getting the best possible treatment of any hidden therapeutic condition.
- Speaking with your partner transparently about your sexual relationship.
- Keeping away from liquor, smoking, and medication use.
- Overseeing anxiety, uneasiness, and gloom.
- If you think you are suffering from any other ailment, discuss with your Sexologist about therapy that can help you in such a case.
- Restorative treatment: This includes treatment of any physical issue that might add to a man's sexual problems.
- Drugs: There are many new medications, which can enhance erectile capacity in men by improving the blood flow to the penis.
- Mental treatment: Therapy with a prepared advisor can help address sentiments of uneasiness, apprehension, or blame.
- Education about sex and sexual practices and reactions may also help.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!