Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Shashikanth

General Physician, Mumbai

300 at clinic
Dr. Shashikanth General Physician, Mumbai
300 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Shashikanth
Dr. Shashikanth is a popular General Physician in Kurla West, Mumbai. He is currently associated with Fauziya Hospital in Kurla West, Mumbai. Save your time and book an appointment online with Dr. Shashikanth on

Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Fauziya Hospital

#209, Solanki Apartment, L.B.S. Marg, Kurla West, Landmark: Opposite Kurla Way Bridge & Next to shara hotel, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
300 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Shashikanth

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I have problem in red eye and neck pain from two days its very painful what should i do ?

Ophthalmologist, Mumbai
Dear red eyes have variety of causes. But if it is associated with severe pain, then you need to consult an eye doctor immediately.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 65 yrs old male. Taking lodoz 2.5 for bp for many years. What are the harmful effects of lodoz 2.5 and what medicine can I can take alternately for bp.

Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietitian (RD), PGDD, Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (B.U.M.S), General Physician
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
You'll need to make many lifestyle changes to manage your blood pressure. I will recommend several lifestyle changes, including: eating a healthier diet as prescribed by a registered dietitian exercising regularly quitting smoking losing weight I being a both a registered dietitian and doctor have been successfully helping patients with their problems through a holistic approach using customized therapeutic diet and medications. Do reply back for private consultation. Do reply back for medications. Being also a general physician, I prescribe both evidence based herbal as well as allopathic medicines complementing with dietary tips taking into account patient preferences.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 21 years old male and I have this fungal infection on my inner thigh. I have been to doctors and had my medicines which they have prescribed but there is no sign of improvement. The medicines were fulcon 150. Candid b cream and kz soap. Kindly suggest some better medicines and what should I do to get rid of the infection.

General Physician, Pune
Treatment given seems to be for fungal infection. If you are not responding, it means either you are resistant to treatment or diagnosis is wrong. Upload photographs of your condition to me. I can then diagnose and prescribe medicines.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

FOR diabetic am not taking medicine .some years before I took. But forget the name . And for thyroid I took eltroxin 50 daily one.

M.Sc - Dietitics / Nutrition, B.Sc. - Dietitics / Nutrition
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mohali
Hello, Your BMI- 21.48 Diabetes and Hypothyroidism diet plan suggest Do regular aerobic exercise for 1 hour daily (brisk walking, jogging, running, swimming, cycling etc) 2. Reduce weight if overweight 3control diet a) avoid sweets, sugar/honey, milk, milk product excess calorie and carbohydrate rich diet like white bread, cereal, rice, pasta b) avoid all refined food like maida, pasta, starchy food like rice, potato, bakery item, processed food, c) include more fiber like pulse, green leafy vegetable, cucumber, carrot, tomato, j legume. D) avoid sweetened fruit like banana, mango, litchi, chickoo, sapota, seethaphal jack fruit, grape etc. Can have fruits like guava, pineapple, papaya, orange, mousambi, strawberry, watermelon, pomegranate, jack fruit, sweet potato, a handful of walnut daily (akhrot) e) avoid white/polished rice, take unpolished rice like brown rice/wheat/jowar/ragi, moong and chana dal. F) avoid ghee/ butter./coconut oil/excess salt intake like papad/pickle. G) avoid red meat. Take fish/chicken. H) avoid alcohol and carbonated drinks like soft drink H)Monitor your fasting, pp blood sugar 3 monthly and hba1c six monthly And Thyroid according avoid soy products cruciferous vegetables. No upper salt
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a diabetic since last 3 years. I am too fat. I tried many medication but nothing worked. Prescribe some medicine for normal daily life.

General Physician, Delhi
I gather that you want help for managing obesity. First thing you need to ensure is that your blood sugar remains under check. Eat lots of fibres, avoid fatty food. Exercise daily. If you are morbidly obese, ypu may go for bariatric surgery to reduce weight.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have diabetes and I can not able to eat sweet things like chocolate. How can I reduce my diabetes.

PG Diploma in Nutrition & Diabeties, M.Sc. Food & Nutrition
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Ghaziabad
Akhil in diabetes we suggest low fat high fibre diabetic diet with regular physical activity of atleast 50 mnts daily.keep hydrated and eat high GI foods devided into 3 main and 3 small meals inclusive 1 fruit daiy .take proper sleep and make yourself stressfree as all these factors also influencing your sugar level. For detailed personalised diet I need to know about your eating pattern, food habits,medication you are taking and your lifestyle.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having a problem to masturbate. And I want to overcome that problem. Suggest some natural ways to cope up. Please dont share it with anyone.

MD - Psychiatry, MBBS
Psychiatrist, Patna
Dear , you don't worry about privacy, although answer is visible to all but your identity will not be revealed. You may follow these suggestions:- 1. Keep yourself away from porn/erotic materials, 3. Sacrifice your privacy to reduce chances of masturbation. 3. Divert yourself to sports/any other healthy enjoying activity. 4. If needed you may see a nearby psychiatrist who may prescribe you a medicine of ssri group for cure.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I've headache when my schedule changes or I sleep more or less, when something smells strongly like perfumes, deodorant then also I get headache. So please help me why does it happen and how to cure it. Thank you.

General Physician, Mumbai
It seems you are suffering from frontal sinusitis and For pain take tablet paracetamol 650 mg and take a flow of steam over the forehead through a crescent steam inhaler
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Due to season change,i get breathing problem like asthama,for atlest for month. I am dieabetic,and blood pressure pat. For last 25 years age 70 years.Residing in vadodara.

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
Sir,If seasonal asthma,start budamate 200 2puff/twice/day and sos, about 15 days before start of bad season till end of bad season.Hope you will get better.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am feeling tired. Side by side I am also suffering from digestion problem and sometimes I am having fever also. Due to which I am not able to take proper diet.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi,First of all you should take rest for 1-2 days so that your body can fight with underlying infection with its full immunity and start the below medication:- Take gelesemium 200, twice daily . Take Eupatrium perf 200, 5 drops thrice daily. Take Antifebrinum 3x, 2 tabs , thrice daily. Take Alfavena malt, 1 tsf, thrice daily. Drink lots of water and take light homemade food like dalia and khichdi, avoid oily, spicy, fried, junk and cold drinks. In case of high uncontrollable fever, don't panic you should do cold sponging to lower down the temperature.If fever does not goes then go for a set of blood tests. Revert me with feedback. Take care of your health.GOOD DAY.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have rashes on my whole body. It itches every 1 minute, its itches too badly that it creates more itches. Please help me.

BHMS, MD - Homeopathy
Homeopath, Gurgaon
Rashes have so many reasons. For homeopathic medicine, you will have to text me personally. For the time being, have less salt and spices, less oil, drink lot of water. Apply calamine lotion on the affected area twice a day.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello, I am 51 years old. My cholesterol levels are 258. Is it OK or will there be any problems related to heart? I am very much tensed about it. What should I do now? Please suggest me some home remedies for it as soon as possible. Thankyou.

Dear Lybrate User, Cholesterol is naturally produced inside the body of every living animal. Human beings are no exception to that. But when we take mutton, chicken, yellow part of a boiled egg, ghee, butter etc we intake cholesterol from external source. This extra cholesterol from external sources increase the total cholesterol content of human body. You should always keep your cholesterol level within normal limits as high cholesterol serves as a precursor to various cardiac diseases. Avoid the aforesaid food. Walk at least 1 hour in a day without any interval. Also you can take Homoeopathic Mother Tincture FUCUS VESICULOSUS Q, 30 drops, thrice daily, after meals, in a cup of water.
9 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hllo doc Main janna chahta hoon k kya soyabean roasted khane se mera estrogen level bd jyega aur mere male hormones par asar krega?

Diploma in Paediatrics, MBBS
Sexologist, Dehradun
soya bean is a source of protein and will be helpful in body building but no role at all in increasing testosterone levels.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I am suffering from blood in my stool after recovery from typhoid . what should i do ?

Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, MS - General Surgery, MBBS, FICS
General Surgeon, Delhi
You must avoid straining during defecation. Avoid constipation. Take plenty of fluids and may be some stool softeners too in case you have constipation. In case it doesn't help, have yourself examined by a surgeon.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

4 Powerful Reasons To Switch To Foods With Low Glycemic Index

Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences (BNYS), MSc nutrition
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Bangalore
4 Powerful Reasons To Switch To Foods With Low Glycemic Index
4 reasons to have foods with low glycemic index

Foods with low glycemic index prove to be extremely good for your health. Read on to know the four major reasons for eating foods with a low gi index on a regular basis, combined with a high-fibre diet:

1) protect against various diseases - a low-glycemic diet has been proven to have a positive effect on the body and protect it effectively against various heart diseases. Moreover, such a diet also helps your body develop considerable immunity against certain ailments such as gallbladder disease, breast cancer, type 2 diabetes and coronary heart disease.

2) put you in a better mood - your mood is determined by a neurotransmitter known as serotonin and different food products can either suddenly boost serotonin levels or bring them down within a few seconds. Low-glycemic foods help maintain an even level of blood sugar and stimulate a gradual increase in the level of serotonin; thus keeping your mood upbeat and balanced.

3) keeps insulin and blood sugar levels in check - food products containing a low glycemic index decrease the need of the body for insulin and as a result, also aid in maintaining adequate blood sugar levels. Try and consume food products that not only have a low gi but also contain substantially high fiber content.

4) boost energy level of the body - low-glycemic food products are digested comparatively slowly than high-glycemic foods and thus are capable of giving energy to the working muscles of the body for a prolonged time period. Therefore, try and include low gi foods in your breakfast on a regular basis. You can consume rolled oats, fat-free milk and some fruits for a perfect low-glycemic breakfast.

3974 people found this helpful

I have a stuttering problem when I am in front of group or call. But when I am alone or with friend that time I am not stuttering. Can you pls help me on this? What can I do for that?

General Physician, Cuttack
It could be due to anxiety, ilack of self confidence. Speak slowly, confidently and avoid inferiority complex
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I masturbate Daily, how does it effect in future, sex life and does this really causes memory problem if yes how? I also have a small pennies (10cm when fully ejected) wt is the minimum size required to have a good sex life.

Homeopath, Sindhudurg
Masturbation twice per week is healthy excess leads to side effects. Some of the after- effects of masturbation are: the eyes become sunken, the cheek bones protrude and there is a black rim round the eyes. Continuous headache and backache. Dizziness and loss of memory. Palpitation of heart on lightest exertion. Nervousness. Vision becomes dim, the tongue begins to stammer and ears tend to become deaf etc. Impotency/ erectile dysfunction / premature ejaculation, reduced penis size, hardness etc homoeopathic treatment for taking away the habit of masturbation and removing its bad effects. The average size of penis is 5.54 inches (14.07 cm) length and 3.11 inches (7.9 cm) girth are enough to perform a successful sexual intercourse.
7 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir very good morning sir my mom have sugar so please tell me what to eat so please tell me sir.

Homeopath, Ahmednagar
She should avoid all sorts of sweets. No sugar in any form. If she has hypertension should abstain from common salt. She should all bakery products too.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 16 years old boy I have the problem of eye the water comes out of my eyes and they becomes red.

MBBS, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Delhi
It may be due to some allergy, wash your eyes with clean water. Use refresh eye drop I drop 4 times daily. Consult again if not ok.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed