Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shashikant ShahYour feedback matters!
Hlo doctor, Me and my girlfriend had protected sex on 31st of dec 2016. Generally she had her periods on 13 of every month and today is 18th of Jan, she doesn't have periods yet nd there is also not any change in her body. Is there something to worry? Please help us out.
My husband every night do sex with me and it pains my breast and uterus what can I do? Please tell me
In which days of the month can a woman get pregnant (if precaution isn't used)? Is it risky for life if a woman above 30 years of age conceives for the first time in her life?
I am 37 weeks pregnant n hav breach position. Any possibility of normal delivery? Can we try for normal n if doesn't work immediately opt for c section. Can something work out for normal delivery. My dic doesn't opt for ecv? please suggest.
I have zero infertility problem in sperm. As per previous tests no blockage found in my tube. It can increase or not.
I am having a lot of pain during my periods, and I vomit also. I can not even go anywhere on my 1 st day, how can I help it.
I'm not getting period regularly. I was consulting gynecologist last month and I had taken all scanning and foundout pcos and it is in a initial stage. And she told that its not a major problem and it can be cure with daily exercises, then started exercises but I didn't get period till now, almost 2 months over. What I have to do for regulate my periods without any medicine. please suggest me.
Hey I'm 18 years old and I had sex for like five minutes with my boyfriend and that so with condom but I am still worried. Should I take an emergency pill?
Have been recently married n doesn't know much about all this. So can you tell me the reason about it. After every time of the intercourse there is a burning sensation in the vagina is it normal or any kind of issue? please suggest what is next to b done. TIA.
Meri mom ki age 52 years hai aaj suddenly unko breast pe jalan sa feel hua and kuch white sa bhi discharge hua unke nipples se kya aap bta skte hai aisa kyu hai? Koi major health issue to nhi hai unke sath?
I'm 28 years old. Medium physic. Past 2.5 year back I had a C-Section and delivered a girl baby. My question is that, after C-Section, till now the operated Section itch a lot and I'm suffering now and then. Can you please suggest some remedy. And till now I have not applied any cream or ointment, rather applied little coconut oil.
Unwanted hair is a major issue for many young people. Shaving or waxing the hair is tedious process, and can also be painful at times. Due to its many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. In many cases, after three to eight sessions, permanent hair loss is observed. Recent years have seen an increase in the number of laser hair removal procedures performed.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser technology is based on highly concentrated rays. These rays are concentrated on a specific part of your skin from where you wish to remove the hair. The highly concentrated light is directed to particular hair follicles in order to remove them. Although, permanent results or results that last a lifetime are never guaranteed, cases have been observed wherein after a few sessions, complete hair loss is observed.
Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure has the ability to treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. These small areas include the upper lip region.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and also how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Difficulties of laser hair removal procedure:
- Laser hair procedures can at times cause hyper pigmentation of skin or darkening of skin. It can also cause hypo pigmentation, which causes lightening of skin colour at certain regions.
- Some people experience itchiness after the procedure has been completed.
- A major disadvantage of this treatment is that it can be quite expensive and unaffordable for the common people.
- It may leave scars or skin infections if not done by skilled or accomplished doctors.
Laser hair treatment is effective and comparatively more efficient on people who have light skin and dark hair. Generally, laser hair surgeries are done to remove unwanted hair on back, face, chest, neck, bikini area, shoulders, upper lip, chin etc. For successful results, one should get this procedure performed from a skilled doctor. If not done properly, it will leave marks/scars and damage your body.
Dear sir, I have a friend, her husband was died due to blood cancer in last Apr 15. Presently she has 2 child. She I lived with her child and parents. I just want to confirm, is there any symptoms or chances of cancer with her and her children. Is cancer is STD diseases, is transmitted during sexual intercourse. This is require because we re worry about her next marriage. Can she marry once again. Pl give valuable reply. Vishal.
I am 22 years old. My periods are irregular. When I get medicine, periods come. I have started asokarist syrup. Does this syrup will affect? also suggest me other medicine. I have habit of eating slate pen. Whether this habit affect my monthly periods or not.
I am taking obimet sr 500 mg twice a day for pcos along livogen z and fol 5.the doctor has advised me to take susten 300 mg on the 21st to 25th day after my periods. I didn't got my periods its all 7 days happened still no results of periods yet. What to expect? Pregnancy.
Hello, I'm 24 years old last month had a sex with bf though he didn't ejaculated his sperm, but still don't no the reason, periods getting delayed for 5 days please help me out.
Vulvodynia is a medical condition in which women suffer from chronic pain in the vaginal area without any cause. Even today, women don’t often go for proper diagnosis for vulvodynia because of the societal pressure due to which doctors and researchers are still not able to find out the exact cause of vulvodynia.
Types of vulvodynia
1. Generalized vulvodynia: This occurs when there is immense pain in different areas of the vagina. It can occur once in a while or the pain can be constant. Slight pressure or touch on the vagina can make it worse.
2. Vulvar Vestibulitis syndrome: Pain generally occurs in the entrance of the vagina. A burning sensation is felt when pressure is applied on the vagina or during sexual intercourse.
Possible causes of vulvodynia:
1. Irritation to the nerve or a nerve injury can increase the risk of vulvodynia.
2. An infection or a trauma in the vulvar cells can also give rise to abnormal responses which might cause vulvodynia.
3. The vulva can also respond poorly to inflammation due to genetic factors.
4. Yeast infection and hypersensitivity can also cause vulvodynia.
5. Muscle spasm
6. Irritation or allergies to chemical substances.
7. Hormonal changes like menstruation or menopause can also cause vulvodynia.
8. If you have a history of sexual abuse or rape, you are more likely to develop vulvodynia.
9. Using excessive antibiotic can lead to the weakening of the cells around the vagina.
Symptoms of vulvodynia:
1. Rawness, stinging or burning sensation in the vagina.
2. Soreness or acute aching sensation in and around the vagina.
3. Throbbing can also occur on the vagina if you have vulvodynia.
4. Itchiness in and around the vagina.
5. Pain can either occur once a while or all the time during vulvodynia.
6. Walking, exercising or having sex can also cause immense pain in the vagina.
7. The vagina can also ache while walking, sitting or exercising.
8. Discomfort can be felt on your entire vulva.
Vulvodynia can impact a woman’s life greatly. It can disable her ability to exercise or have sex. Vulvodynia can also make her withdraw from her social life or work. It is of utmost importance to book an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as possible if you have vulvodynia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.