Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi GoyalYour feedback matters!
My wife wish clitoris orgasm before penetration or intercourse. If I give clitoris orgasm before intercourse, she will not enjoy intercourse. Now what should I do that she enjoy intercourse? I am doing this same from 3 years Please help.
Hi. M Shweta I missed my periods. I had sex in Feb 7 Nd after that I take I pill Nd after that I had periods but now in March missed periods. So I want to know is there any issue or any pregnancy.
I had sex on 4th day of my periods that is on 22nd January 2017 at 5 pm. My first day of period was 19th January 2017. I take ipill at 68th hour on 25th January at 1 pm. My last period date was on 15th December 2016. I want to know is there any chances of pregnancy.
Hi. I am smoking from last 10 years. Now I am trying to family planing from one year. But I do not get result. My smoking habit may be problem to conceive?
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many a times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Top 10 tips for you to celebrate, stay safe and stay healthy this Diwali.
1. Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colorful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal.
2. Stay away from sweets that use
chemical preservatives , because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver . It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.
3. Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating . Such foils are often
adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.
4. In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.
5. While using firecrackers we are definitely faced with the risk of burn injuries and so a few precautions are necessary. Always wear slippers during your fun time with firecrackers and never try to do anything to a firecracker apart from lighting it from a safe distance. Kids should be allowed to burn firecrackers only under adult supervision.
6. Do not light firecrackers in crowded areas or on the roadsides, because that might prove to be dangerous for bystanders and the general public.
7. Wear earplugs while exposed to explosive firecrackers. It might sound a bit fancy, but if we ignore it the excessive noise might damage our ears in the long run.
8. It is better to say ‘No’ to alcohol, as any excess is easily possible on this day of celebration. You can avoid a hangover and also the risk of driving while intoxicated if you must drive your car and visit your friends and family.
9. Diwali is a festival that brings a lot of gifts to people, so use the occasion to choose sensible gifts for family and friends. Try gifting fruits or low calorie sweets and snacks instead of ghee-laden sweets.
10. Diwali is also the festival of joy so
make it special especially if there has been any unpleasantness with your family or friends in your past. Shed all your inhibitions and misgivings and make a fresh start. Wish them a ‘Happy Diwali’ and embrace them in joy.
Make your Diwali special for yourself, your family and your friends.
I am 26 year old, I am trying to conceive last one year but not succeed then consult gyneco. Suggest IUI nd described me table clomipine 50 mg for 5 days nd tab. Goecyst last month my first IUI failed nd my follicle size 17 mm how to increase my follicle size please suggest me.
Diagnostic laparoscopy is a surgical process for examining different kinds of organs present in the abdomen. It is a low-risk and minimally invasive process in which just a small incision is made. This allows the doctor to evaluate the conditions of your abdominal organs without opting for an open surgery. It’s mostly performed when the patient complains of pain in the pelvic region and when other assessing methods have failed to detect the reason behind the pain and discomfort.
How is laparoscopy done?
The laparoscope is a slim and well-lit telescope that allows your doctor to evaluate the conditions of various organs in your body. It can help in determining whether there is any instance of fibroid or endometriosis. It can help in performing a variety of surgeries like removal of ovarian cysts, hysterectomy and tubal ligation. This surgery involves much lesser healing time compared to other elaborate surgeries.
Why should you go for laparoscopy?
Your gynaecologist may recommend you to get a laparoscopy for a treatment or for diagnosis. It is mostly performed due to unexplained pelvic ache, infertility and a history of pelvic infection. Laparoscopy is also performed for the diagnosis of conditions such as uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, pelvic pus or abscess, ectopic pregnancy, painful scar, inflammatory disease in the pelvic region and reproductive cancers.
How to prepare for gynaecological laparoscopy?
Your gynaecologist would ask you to prepare for the laparoscopy test on the basis of the type of surgery. Your doctor would ask you about the medication you take, which would include health supplements and over-the-counter medications and in certain cases you may have to stop certain medications. This process is performed under anaesthesia and you would be able to go home on the same day. The following process depends on the type of process. The diagnosis process is completed faster than the surgical process in which an incision is required to be made. The instrument would be inserted through the incision and then the surgery is executed by inserting the laparoscope tool. Once the process is completed, all the tools are removed from the body and the incision would be closed with stitches and the affected area would be bandaged.
In recent times, the laparoscopic process has advanced to a great extent and robotic surgery is often used for performing the surgical process. This is because it has been proven that robotic hands are steadier than human hands and can perform fine manipulations effortlessly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
How can I have sex with my partner without condom making 100% sure that she doesn't become pregnant?
Whether we are coping with weight issues or uncomfortable GI symptoms such as bloating, gas, or indigestion, often the underlying root problem is weak Agni, or poor digestion. When a patient goes to a health care provider trained in conventional allopathic medicine, the treatment options for digestive issues are typically medications, which serve to control symptoms, but do not treat the underlying cause.
Even when a provider’s approach includes testing and the elimination of offending foods, this is still only addressing part of the problem. While this treatment addresses the agent (or food) being ingested, it doesn’t look at why it is not being digested properly. Although eliminating foods that are bothersome can often alleviate symptoms, it is often difficult for patients to continually avoid those foods. It can often begin to disrupt their quality of life.
The Ayurvedic concept of Agni allows us to expand the conversation into answering the most important questions: “Why did the body begin to improperly digest, or not tolerate, this food?” and “How can we both eliminate the offending agent and concurrently increase Agni or digestive power?” This approach opens up the possibility of re-introducing the food at a future time, allowing the person to fully experience foods again.
Ayurveda recommends a variety of practical techniques for keeping our digestive fire strong. Incorporating these practices into your daily life can strengthen Agni and, in turn, facilitate weight loss, improve the metabolism of food, and minimize uncomfortable GI symptoms.
Advices for you!
1. Meditate on a regular basis—welcome are increasingly confirming the genetic changes that occur with regular meditation, which can help restore the body’s homeostasis, including the processes controlling digestion. To achieve maximum benefit, meditate for 20 to 30 minutes, twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening.
2. Do some form of daily movement, whether it is a little yoga every morning, or a daily walk - a short 15-minute walk after each meal helped to control sugar spikes after eating. These short post-meal walks were more effective than taking a longer, 45-minute walk once daily.
3. Don’t overeat—When we eat more food than our stomach can accommodate, we cannot properly break it down. We also tend to produce more acid, thus causing reflux and indigestion. In addition, the amount of digestive enzymes produced may not be able to completely break down the volume of food ingested, which leads to more gas formation, discomfort, or bloating. Recommends that we leave one-third to one-quarter of our stomach empty to allow space for our body to easily digest our meal.
Here is a simple way to gauge an ideal portion of food for a meal based on your body size: Cup your hands together with your fingertips touching, forming the shape of a bowl. The recommended amount of food for a meal is the equivalent of two of these handfuls of food. Of course, you can eat less than two handfuls if your appetite is smaller.
Sip on ginger tea throughout the day, and with meals. Ginger is known as the “universal remedy” due to its many benefits for the body, and it has been used for more than 2,000 years to treat digestive issues. Ginger can relax the smooth muscle of the intestines, thereby relieving symptoms of gas and cramping.
Ginger stimulates digestion by speeding up the movement of food from the stomach into the small intestine, and helps eliminates digestive discomfort after eating. In addition, ginger can stimulate saliva, bile, and gastric enzymes to aid in digestion of the food that has been ingested (beneficial effects are a result of phenolic compounds, primarily gingerly and shoals, and various other volatile oils that are present in ginger).
Ginger tea is refreshing and easy to make. Just add one teaspoon of grated or sliced fresh ginger root to a cup of hot water. You can prepare a larger batch and keep it with you in a thermos bottle to sip throughout the day.
4. Eat your largest meal at lunchtime - our bodies are most able to digest food at midday, when we are active. Our digestive system secretes the highest concentration of “digestive juices” around noon, making this the best time to eat our largest meal. In the evening, our bodies are slowing down and preparing for sleep. If we eat our biggest meal at dinner, when our digestive fire is weaker, we will feel heavy and bloated and will be more likely to have difficulty falling asleep.
5. Focus on releasing negative emotions—you’ve no doubt noticed that your emotions influence your digestion. You may get heartburn when you’re under stress, lose your appetite when you feel sad, or become nauseated or even throw up before a big exam or presentation. The stress associated with unprocessed negative emotions can inhibit the natural digestive process and lead to chronic digestive issues.
Learn how to release emotional pain!
As we now know, a complex, independent nervous system called the enteric nervous system (ENS) lines the gastrointestinal tract (contains many of the major neurotransmitters that are found in the brain, including serotonin, dopamine, glutamate, norepinephrine, and nitric oxide) - in fact, about 95% of the serotonin contained in the body at any given time is in the ENS.
This second brain controls our digestion and can work both independently and in conjunction with the brain in our head. Without getting bogged down in the details of this intricate system, we can briefly state that there is an intimate relationship between our brain and our gut, and our digestion responds to the thoughts and emotions.
When we experience a situation that we interpret as stressful, signals from the brain can alter nerve function between the stomach and oesophagus, resulting in heartburn. With extreme stress, the brain sends signals to the gut immune cells that release chemicals leading to inflammation. This inflammation can then lead to malabsorption and even food sensitivities if the stress becomes chronic. By learning how to manage stress and release emotional turbulence, we help our digestive tract to work naturally and efficiently.
Proper digestion, with a strong Agni, plays a central role in our physical and emotional wellbeing. As recognizes, we are not what we eat, but “we are what we digest.” By making choices that strengthen our digestive ability, we form the foundation for good health and vitality.
Hi doctor. Mera baby 2.5 month ka hai. Vo rat Ko 11 bje tak so jata hai feed le ke. Or morning 5-6 bje uth kar feed leta hai. Suggest in between feed Deni chahiye ya nhi. And feed kitne hours ke Baad Deni chahiye.
I am unmarried female age 40 yrs. I did not have periods since 2 months. Pls suggest which medicine should I take for getting immediate periods.
Present she is pregnant. Upto how many months I can have sex with her? If I participate any problem?
I have missed my mensuration of this month It should have come on 24th of may but it didn't. Actually I have sex with my husband on 6th of may but I have tested my urine on4th of june and that was negative but still I'm waiting for my mensuration. It is too late approx 15 days .plss tell me and give some suggestions.
Hi Being a woman I don't have enough thoughts. I am very interested in sex. Recently I got married. But I didn't get satisfied with him. So tell me solution.
I tested negative for pregnancy test kit and a creamy white discharge is coming on my first missed day of my period, my lower abdomen is cramps and feeling hurt on sleeping on my stomach. Also feeling back pain sometime on right side and sometime left. Feeling feverish ,vomiting, heavy stomach in morning, uncomfortable to breath.
Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD/ADD may be difficult to parent. They may have trouble understanding important directions. Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD/ADD are usually in a constant state of activity.
This can be a constant struggle for parents at home leading to a lot of personal frustration (for parents) as well as a chaotic atmosphere at home everyday.These children can also be difficult to handle at school, leading to constant complaints from teachers and peers. You may need to change your home life a bit to help your child. Here are some tips to handle children with ADHD:
- Organize your schedule at home. Set up fixed times for waking up, playing, eating, doing homework, doing chores, watching TV or playing video games and going to bed.
- Set up house rules. Make the rules of behavior for the family simple, clear and short. Rules should be explained clearly. It’s important to explain what will happen when the rules are obeyed and when they are broken.
- Be positive. Tell your child what you want rather than what you don’t want. Reward your child regularly for any good behavior–even little things such as getting dressed and closing doors quietly. Children with ADHD need to be praised for good behavior.
- Make sure your directions are understood. First, get your child’s attention. Look directly into his or her eyes. Then tell your child in a clear, calm voice specifically just what you want. Ask your child to repeat the directions back to you. Then congratulate your child when he or she completes each step.
- Make sure someone watches your child all the time. Because they are impulsive, children with ADHD need more adult supervision than other children their age. Make sure your child is supervised by adults all day.
- Watch your child around his friends. It’s hard for children with ADHD to learn social skills and social rules. Be careful to select playmates for your child with similar language and physical skills. Invite only one or two friends at a time at first. Watch them closely while they play. Reward good play behaviors often.
- Help with school activities. School mornings may be difficult for children with ADHD. Get ready the night before–lay out school clothes and get the book bag ready. Allow enough time for your child to get dressed and eat a good breakfast. It would also be a good idea to collaborate with the teacher who could help your child deal with academic difficulties and handle mis-behaviour with extra care.
- Set up homework routine. Pick a regular place for doing homework. This place should be away from distractions such as other people, television and video games. Break homework time into small parts and have breaks.
- Focus on effort, not grades. Reward your child when he tries to finish school work, not just for good grades. You can give extra rewards for earning better grades. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.