Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi GoyalYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 5 weeks pregnant Hai aur humko thyroid 2 years se hai. Dr. thyronorm 100 mcg Suggest kare .hum tablet breakfast se 30 mints before late the but now Dr. told me 2 hr before or atlest 1/2 before lo You please help me breakfast se kitne time before Lena ?¹¹
Hi doctor, I hv a cyst in my left ovary. Doctor advise me to take crisanta . After finishing the pack yesterday I get the bleeding bt it was very light. I did not knw why. ? Or is it menstrual bleeding? Please advise me what should I do. My pills finished on sunday .
I had sex with my gf after that she had her periods which was not as before only blood droplets. Where coming out only once an hour bt the pregnancy results were negative and now after 20 days she is feeling that something scratching inside her vagina is she pregnant.
I have done with the vaginal follicular monitoring and it's show pcod. So what can I do to conceive faster actually trying from the last 6 months.
Hi. My Wife 12 weeks pregnant now. Her gync ob Dr. prescribed her Aspirin 75 mg Daily one tablet After lunch. Is this tablet safe for my wife and baby? Any side effects? What is the use of aspirin during pregnancy?
I have done sex with my partner without condom and after than I take a i- pill. After that my periods came earlier approx 5-7 days they actually came 30 dec. approx. And blood do not come in good amount. And after period I have done sex with him approx date 5 jan. Again and again I take I pill. And after that I have done sex again yesterday and take I pill. Bt now my pussy paining and I have little bit bidding as like as periods. So I want to know that this bleeding is because of hard sex my pussy have bleeding or its my periods came again. please help me.
Hi doctor; Suddenly increase in hips size n breast size n figure size of girl is due to sex? Or it should be any other reasons?
I need to increase mood for my wife, so please help me by suggesting the appropriate medicine name Because my wife got uterus operation.
It can reduce your risk of major illnesses, such as heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and cancer by up to 50% and lower your risk of early death by up to 30%.
It’s free, easy to take, has an immediate effect and you don’t need a GP to get some. Its name? Exercise.
Click on the links below to find out if you're doing enough for your age:
early childhood (under five years old)
young people (five to 18 years old)
adults (19 to 64 years old)
older adults (65 and over)
Exercise is the miracle cure we’ve always had, but for too long we’ve neglected to take our recommended dose. Our health is now suffering as a consequence.
This is no snake oil. Whatever your age, there's strong scientific evidence that being physically active can help you lead a healthier and even happier life.
People who do regular activity have a lower risk of many chronic diseases, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and some cancers.
Research shows that physical activity can also boost self-esteem, mood, sleep quality and energy, as well as reducing your risk of stress, depression, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
“If exercise were a pill, it would be one of the most cost-effective drugs ever invented,” says Dr Nick Cavill, a health promotion consultant.
Given the overwhelming evidence, it seems obvious that we should all be physically active. It's essential if you want to live a healthy and fulfilling life into old age.
It's medically proven that people who do regular physical activity have:
up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
a 30% lower risk of early death
up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
up to a 30% lower risk of depression
up to a 30% lower risk of dementia
A modern problem
People are less active nowadays, partly because technology has made our lives easier. We drive cars or take public transport. Machines wash our clothes. We entertain ourselves in front of a TV or computer screen. Fewer people are doing manual work, and most of us have jobs that involve little physical effort. Work, house chores, shopping and other necessary activities are far less demanding than for previous generations.
We move around less and burn off less energy than people used to. Research suggests that many adults spend more than seven hours a day sitting down, at work, on transport or in their leisure time. People aged over 65 spend 10 hours or more each day sitting or lying down, making them the most sedentary age group.
Inactivity is described by the Department of Health as a “silent killer”. Evidence is emerging that sedentary behaviour, such as sitting or lying down for long periods, is bad for your health.
Not only should you try to raise your activity levels, but you should also reduce the amount of time you and your family spend sitting down.
Common examples of sedentary behaviour include watching TV, using a computer, using the car for short journeys and sitting down to read, talk or listen to music – and such behaviour is thought to increase your risk of many chronic diseases, such as heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes, as well as weight gain and obesity.
“Previous generations were active more naturally through work and manual labour, but today we have to find ways of integrating activity into our daily lives,” says Dr Cavill.
Whether it's limiting the time babies spend strapped in their buggies, or encouraging adults to stand up and move frequently, people of all ages need to reduce their sedentary behaviour.
“This means that each of us needs to think about increasing the types of activities that suit our lifestyle and can easily be included in our day,” says Dr Cavill.
Crucially, you can hit your weekly activity target but still be at risk of ill health if you spend the rest of the time sitting or lying down. For tips on building physical activity and exercise into your day, whatever your age, read Get active your way.
Hello sir, I had 4 times take a abortion pill and nowa days I knew my blood group is a negative. What I can when I am planning to next pregnancy?
My wife is 25 years old. She has no interest in sex. I will excite to my wife but don't response. So how can increase the sex interest.Please tell.
I am 7 months pregnant. I have Headache once per month. But I so much that I have to take. So which medicine should I take. please help me.
Pregnancy is a transformation phase in itself -it brings with it changes to almost all body systems. The oral tissues and the teeth are also affected significantly. Extra precaution is required to maintain regular oral health and avoid severe decay and/or gum disease. If not avoided, the dental infections can cause severe systemic infections and require strong antibiotics, x-rays, minor surgeries, and root canal therapy which may not be safe during pregnancy.
Higher levels of estrogen during pregnancy in the blood lead to a lot of visible changes in the oral cavity - higher incidence of tooth decay, gingival and periodontal inflammation, and even minor benign tumours in some cases. The notorious morning sickness plays havoc with the person's oral hygiene habits, thereby further complicating the situation.
Prior to pregnancy: A pre-pregnancy dental check-up to look for gum health and decay would go a long way in a healthy pregnancy, from the dental point of view at least. A thorough scaling and screening for cavities done before pregnancy can help avoid dental visits during the term, other than for routine checkup.
Pregnancy: If that pre-pregnancy visit could not happen, then visiting your dentist should be one of the first things to do as soon as you have confirmed your pregnancy. At this stage, no dental treatment can be done. Any elective procedures (cosmetic, etc.) will have to be done only after delivery. If the dentist identifies no cause for worry, that is great news. However, if there are any causes for concern, like a decay, the non-invasive treatment should be done at the earliest. When you are pregnant, note the following from a dental point of view:
- Oninvasive treatments like minor fillings can be done
- Regular scaling and polishing is not a problem
- Let the dentist know about all the medications you are taking
- Visit the dentist every 3 to 4 months for a regular check-up
- Follow good oral hygiene practices including, brushing, rinsing, and flossing
- Switch to a bland toothpaste in case of severe morning sickness
- Watch your diet - the teeth forming in the fetus require nutrition through you, so ensure adequate intake of minerals like calcium and potassium
- Avoid sweets and sticky/chewy foods that can lead to plaque formation
Though dental procedures can be done during the 4th to 6th month, they are best avoided, which can be done with better planning and some minimal care.
After delivery: After the delivery of the baby, please visit your dentist to ensure you have again ensured there is no emergent dental condition requiring attention. Resume your regular dental care after delivery.
With a little planning and extra care, dental health can be managed nicely during pregnancy with minimal to no pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"
My wife is unable to feed breast milk . Baby not sucjing the nipple so using breast pump to feed and also giving lactogen 1 .baby is 10 days old . Please advise if lactogen 1 can be given and also safe method to feed breast milk incase baby is not taking directly from breast. Baby's weight at the time of birth is 3.25 kg Amit.
How sleeping less than 6 hours affects your health
After being awake for almost 14-16 hours, our body demands sleep. Minimum sleeping time required for a healthy mind and body is 7-8 hours. Although, this duration varies according to age. Because generally speaking, where a child can sleep for 12-14 hours, grownups can sleep for not more than 9 hours. Sound sleep is very essential otherwise, it can be harmful for our health. Let's see how sleeping for less than 6 hours affects our health.
- Headache, weight gain and poor vision: When you sleep for less than 6 hours a day, it can not only give you headache all the time but can lead to a poor vision also. And if continued for a long time, may hamper your eyesight. The lesser you sleep the more weight you gain. And after-effects of gaining weight could be even more hazardous.
- Memory loss, heart disease, infection: Sleeplessness can have an adverse effect on one's memory too. A person may find it difficult to remember even simple things. Also, infections can take a longer time to heal because sleep is something that stabilises and balances everything that goes wrong while we are awake. If we don't get proper sleep, the process of healing takes longer. Lack of sleep can also elevate blood pressure which ultimately affects the heart.
- Urine overproduction, stammering and accident: Sleeping slows down urinating process but when you are awake for longer hours, you might have to urinate more than usual. Lack of sleep can also make you stammer while speaking. If lack of sleep continues, you may not be able to communicate properly. When you do not have sound sleep, your mental condition would not be stable because of declining concentration. You can be accident prone if you drive in such a condition.
These are just a few of the ill effects. Sleeping for less than 5 hours is far more dangerous than you can even think. From behavioural to mental to physical effects, it can harm you in many more ways, So, have a sound sleep to avoid complications in life.