Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashi Goyal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashi GoyalYour feedback matters!
Hi How blood comes from Vagina. Does pennis inserted is the same hole, in which blood flows while in periods?
I have pcod since age 17 now I am 26. Married since 5 years but not conceived I did iui 4 times but all are failed .how I conceive?
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Related Tip: "6 Do's and Don'ts of Healthy Eating Habits"
I am a 32 years female facing pus like discharge with itching on vagina. Is this serious and will I be able to get pregnant ?
I had taken I pill 4 months ago and I bleeding too much. But I missed my period since 3 months. I checked my pregnancy test 2 times. But it was negative. I'm also suffering with PCOD. Taken" deviry 10" medicine from 4 days ago. Is it okay? Or am I pregnant? I'm scared. What should I do? Please suggest doctor. I.
I want to know the reason for the recurrence of fungal infection with itching and inflammation. Pls advice medication in topical form and anti- allergic tablet.
I am 24 year old girl. I was on Diane 35 pill. I am not sure about PCOD. I stopped taking Diane 35 and now suddenly sebum production has increased a lot. I have pigmentation around my chin and I even got light black spots all over my body. What does all this possibly mean?
As many as 30-40 % men across the world including India experience problem of PE at some time of life. In Part 1, we learnt about the condition called Premature Ejaculation (PE). In this 2nd part, let’s understand about it’s diagnosis & types of PE - why and how it happens.
How to Diagnose PE:
The specific criteria for premature (early) ejaculation are as follows:
- In almost 75-100% sexual activity, the experience of ejaculation occurring during sexual intercourse within 1 minute after vaginal penetration and before the individual wishes it.
- The problem has persisted for at least 6 months and is a cause of mental stress to the person.
- The dysfunction cannot be better explained by any other nonsexual mental disorder, any medical disease, the effects of a drug or medication, etc
Severity of PE:
The severity of premature (early) ejaculation is broadly defined as follows:
- Mild (occurring within approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute of vaginal penetration)
- Moderate (occurring within approximately 15-30 seconds of vaginal penetration)
- Severe (occurring even before sexual activity, at the start of sexual activity, or within approximately 15 seconds of vaginal penetration). In such cases conception will not be possible unless artificial insemination is used.
TYPES and Characteristics of P.E :
Premature ejaculation can be Chronic (lifelong) or Acquired (recent).
- Chronic PE: With chronic (lifelong) premature ejaculation, the person has been experiencing premature ejaculation since he became sexually active (ie, post puberty).
- Acquired PE: Acquired (recent) premature ejaculation means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and only recently has developed PE.
What are the Causes?
The causes of PE can be divided into two broad sub-heads, which are psychological or biological cause:
1. Psychological Causes:
Premature ejaculation is believed to be a psychological problem and does not represent any known organic / physical disease involving the male reproductive organs or any known defect in the brain or nervous system. It is usually due to a pattern that is hard to change and is a result of your previous sexual experiences.
One of the most common reason is childhood habit of reaching climax/ ejaculation quickly because of fear of discovery when masturbating or during early sexual experiences with a female partner. This pattern of rapid attainment of sexual release is difficult to change in later stage of life (in marriage or long-term relationships).
Other reasons are situations in which one may have hurried climax/ ejaculation in order to hide any problem or feelings of guilt that make you rush through sexual encounters. Also, psychological causes include anxiety and relationship issues which can also result from deep anxiety about sex that relates to bad experiences encountered by the patient during development (eg: incest, sexual assault, conflict with parents, etc ).
2. Biological Causes:
A number of researchers have found differences in nervous stimulations and hormonal differences in men who experience premature ejaculation compared with individuals who do not.
Some believe that some men have hyper-excitability or oversensitivity of their genitalia.
Abnormal functioning of the ejaculatory system can be attributed to:
- Thyroid problems; infection or inflammation of the urethra or prostate.
- Nerve damage occurring due to trauma or surgery (a very rare cause).
- Abnormal levels of hormones and/or neurotransmitters (chemicals present in the brain)
- Higher free and total testosterone levels or varied other biochemical markers
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!