Find numerous Bariatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Bariatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashank ShahYour feedback matters!
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years My weight has gone up from 85 kgs to 95 kgs. I want to lose weight and I have back pain also. Please help.
Now days swelling in my face and feet so much. Put on weight so much. What is the reason and treatment. Pls answer me soon .
I have a desk job and in last 2 years, my weight has gone up 45 kg to 50 kg. I want to lose weight. Please help me.
How do I loose my weight now I am 57 kilos in weight, my height is 4 ft10 inch. I want to gain my height please help me out.
I want to loose my weight in 1 month. I tried all the ways all the ways like running, skipping n cycling but not getting good result. Give me any other idea.
I am losing my hair day by day. I am getting so much hair fall. I have tried all shampoo. But still I am getting hair fall. Can you please guide me how it will get reduce?
I do not drnik or smoke. I do not eat non veg but than also I am not losing weight. I have written same last time also but I do not get proper answers .what should I do. I always walk 5 km daily. If stop of some days than weight begins to gain . Is any type of medicine for weight loss. Please tell.
I have some fat tumors at few places on my body and I'm very much tensed about it, initially there were in few parts but they kept spreading in various parts too. Can you please help me with this .
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of genetic fat
1. You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
2. You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques.
1. Tumescent liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
2. Suction assisted liposuction:This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
3. Power assisted liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
4. Ultrasound assisted liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL. VASER is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
5. Laser assisted liposuction: LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma.
Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.