Find numerous Bariatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Bariatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Bariatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashank Shah
Submit a review for Dr. Shashank ShahYour feedback matters!
From many days I am trying to do exercise and going to gym also but I am unable to reduce my weight I tried all doing jogging running all I have tried yet still I am unable to reduce my weight.
My age is 27, weight 80, height 5.5.yesterday I went for a abdominal scan the report says that bubbles are there, thyroid test also done but it's positive no thyroid for me. Matches are seeing for me, so I want to loose weight sir, can you suggest me any medicines, I can't do work outs due to heavy weight so please give me your valuable suggestion for me Thank you.
Hi I am 30 years and weigh around 77 kgs I want loose weight fast can I go for bariatric medicines? Is there any side effects for this treatment please advise thanks.
How to reduce bally fat Which exercise or yogasan is best to reduce bally fat except morning walk Which food I should avoid which increases bally fat I want to reduce my bally fat as quick as possible.
I know I overeat at meals, but I can't help it. If I limit my portions, I'm hungry an hour later. How can I avoid overeating and have better control of my appetite? (I'm 5'6" and weigh more than 220 pounds.)
I had a appendix surgery undergone before two years but after that I am not able to increase my weight only it's just keeps on reducing Before the surgery I was chubby a bit and nicely fit but now I am lost all my weight I study in second year college n I am so thin please help me out.
I am 24 years old male & my problem is weight issue I easily gain weight but cant loose my weight why its happening any reason. I am also having hair lose problem.
I am 34 years old, in the month of May I have delivered a baby afterwards by the month of October I again have to undergo another laparoscopic surgery of fibroids. I am overweight, my weight is 98 kgs and height is 5'3" want to do some workouts to reduce weight. Can I start doing the workouts along with dieting from the month of January? Please suggest.
If there is an excessive accumulation of fat within the human body than what is actually needed to perform certain functions ( that is more than 30% body fat in females and 25% in males), chances are you might be suffering from a chronic disorder called obesity or excessive weight gain.
Common causes for weight gain
There can be a lot of reasons which may cause you to gain the extra kilos. If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, suffer from depression, PCOS (in women), consume fat-rich foods or junk foods excessively, it can also lead to weight gain.
The threat of obesity
Obesity is a major evil in the world today, as it is responsible for the deaths of millions all across the world. If not treated immediately, obesity can lead to further complications like heart disorders or asthma, among a plethora of problems.
Role of homeopathy in treating obesity
Homeopathy can provide an effective cure for obesity. However, you must keep in mind that the dosage should be followed up with the appropriate amount of physical exercises and a balanced diet and should be taken only after consulting with your homeopathic practitioner. The homeopathic preparations help in the stimulation of body metabolism to burn the excessive fat. The most effective homeopathic preparations to cure obesity are as follows:
- Antimonium Crudum: This homeopathic preparation is effective in treating obesity in children or teenagers. The symptoms where this medication is prescribed are discolored nails, an abnormal craving for salt and extreme irritation. There can be appearances of thick white layers in the tongue among children suffering from the condition.
- Nux Vomica: This homeopathic preparation provides effective cure to obesity caused due to leading a sedentary lifestyle for a long time. If there are symptoms of chronic constipation or sensitivity towards cold weather, this preparation is highly recommended.
- Lycopodium: If you are suffering from excessive weight gain in the thigh region or the buttock areas along with the symptoms of constipation, craving for sweet dishes among others, a prescribed dosage of Lycopodium might show marked improvement. Patients suffering from the condition might also show symptoms of irritation and sudden anger.
- Ignatia: This homeopathic preparation is particularly useful in treating obesity caused due to depression. In this condition, the patient might also show symptoms of rapid mood changes.
- Graphite: This homeopathic preparation is an effective cure for women suffering from obesity due to menopause. The affected woman might show symptoms of chronic constipation and extreme sensitivity towards cold air. From an emotional viewpoint, the woman might show symptoms of recurrent sadness.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!