Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shashank Joshi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashank JoshiYour feedback matters!
C B Shukla
Very gentle and kind attitude towards patients and lesson all issue and concern.
I am doing yoga, cycling, etc. Etc. From my age of 18. Till date. Than y Diabetes occur in my life at 65 yrs. Of age.
I had sugar test in june and rbs report is 220 y'day I had test in lab and sugar is 470. I am confuse how its increase in very high range.
I an 66 years of age male, diabetic patent for last 25 years.^ months back while testing my blood sugar I found my S. creatinine level is 4 and now it is 4.7 mg/dl. I met Nephrologist and he said I am in CKD stage IV, diabetic nephropathy. My Hb is about 8 and my blood urea is 55 to 60 fluctuating. I am taking insulin 15 and 10 units morning ans evening. Time being diabetics is OK. I would like to get advice to minimise my creatine level normal. Expecting an early reply Thanking you, By ignatius.
I have low thyroid of ratio 0.418 kindly suggest what should I do I have pain in my throat and throat muscles paining and have acute gastritis please suggest.
Actually am suffering from thyroid as well as my weight is not going to lose so can you suggest me better option.
I am diabetic from last 15 years. Now I suffering from frozen shoulder due to which I cannot sleep in night. please suggest any medicine or exercise to overcome it.
Hi Sir, Mere husband ko 160-170 sugar hai h. Khana khane ke baad to kya ye dawa shi h. Glycomet 250. Abhi vo Gylcoment 500 mg use kr rhe h. Kuch advice dijiye plz
Is the use of sugar free harmful for health. I am diabetic and using sugar free (sucralose. At what extent it is harmful. Kindly suggest can I take jaggery.
I am 54. Diabetic. My height is 5'6. Weight is 89 kg. Recently got opersted for cervix c4 to c6. After that got hyperthyroidism . Gained about 23kgs in 6 to 9 months. Now gasping for breath if if I take a few steps . Kindly suggest for weight reduction.
According to a recent study of fertility and diet conducted by the Harvard Medical School, it has been revealed that consuming certain foods and abstaining from some can be easily opted for without any external intervention in order to aid in improving the ovulatory system, even though there are factors that you are unable to control, such as genetics and age. It is important to be aware of the small dietary changes that can potentially make you much more fertile than those who do not go for a healthy diet.
- Go for complex carbohydrates: Experts suggest eating more of slow and complex carbohydrates and restricting the consumption of processed ones. Your body is able to digest bad carbohydrates in order to turn them into blood sugar, which is harmful to the body. So you must stay away from cakes and cookies, white breads, white rice, junk food and all such items that appear unsurpassable. It is because the pancreas are compelled to release an additional amount of insulin into the blood for controlling the blood-sugar spike. On the other hand, you can go for good carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, which take time to digest and have a much slower effect on the insulin and blood sugar. It is evident that high levels of insulin can inhibit the process of ovulation.
Choose Iron-Rich Foods: A diet rich in iron that comes from vegetables and supplements may lower the risk of ovulatory infertility. Ovulatory infertility is only one cause of infertility and affects 25 percent of infertile couples. Vegetarian foods with iron include all types of beans, eggs, lentils, spinach, fortified cereals, long-grain enriched rice and whole grains. Add vitamin C from citrus fruits, bell peppers or berries to your meals to enhance iron absorption.
The "Fertility Diet": Women should choose the following "fertility diet" -
- Less animal protein and more vegetable protein
- Less trans fat and more monounsaturated fat (from foods such as avocados and olive oil)
- More high-fiber, low-glycemic carbohydrate-rich foods (including whole grains)
- More vegetarian sources of iron and fewer meat sources
- High-fat dairy instead of low-fat dairy
- Get enough folic acid: Folic acid has been proven to reduce a baby's risk of neural-tube birth defects such as spina bifida, and it is linked to a lower incidence of heart attacks, strokes, cancer, and diabetes. A good over-the-counter prenatal vitamin should contain more than the minimum recommendation of folic acid, between 600 and 800 mcg – what you'll need during pregnancy. In addition, you can eat folate-rich foods, such as dark green leafy vegetables like spinach or kale, citrus fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains, and fortified breads and cereals.
- Dairy: It pays to bone up on dairy (milk, yogurt, and cheese) when you’re trying to conceive. Adding dairy to your preconception diet is good not only for bone health but also — potentially — for your reproductive health. So drink that milk, spoon up that yogurt, sip that smoothie, nibble on that cheese. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.