Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sharika PrabhudesaiYour feedback matters!
My husband snores a lot specially in d winter. It's very difficult to sleep in the winter. How can I get ride of it?
Getting small amount of light coffee color bleed came from deep throat when I spit hard at morning time I am having this problem since two months got endoscopy and recently check ultra 4d scan complete abdomen test in endoscopy reports tell inflamed scattered erosion in stomach.
I am suffering from cold from 2 week. And was saw lite blood in my nose. Can you pls suggest me anything.
My grandfather's nose has bleed since around 5 times in the past 10 days. He refuses to go to a doctor. What should I do?
I am 21 year young boy and I have been suffering from permanent nose block problem since my child hood time I want to be cured from this so what should I do?
I am 30-Year-old Female. I am having throat pain and cold. Consulted one doctor near by. He gave medicines - ALLEGRA 120 mg, MAHACEF 200, Rabeprazole sodium tablets. I have one worry now. There is a chance that I might become pregnant. Not sure though. My last menstrual date was on 17-08-2017. Is it safe to take these tablets in that case.
Been having viral fever since four days. No cold. No vomiting. Local doctor took blood test and report was normal. Fever is there no more but pain in throat starting to develop. Pains when I swallow. Please advice.
Hello, I was suffering from cold and fever in last, I take some medicine, and now I do not have any fever but have throat pain. What can I do now?
Hi my 8 year old daughter is having severe deafness suddenly in left ear. Consulted 2 docs and are of the view that it can' t be reversed as nerves got damaged due to unknown reasons. We checked her up 3 yrs back, all was well then. Kindly suggest a way out for the treatment. Docs say there is no way out neither need to take any medicine.
I am suffering with ear pain actually pain coming from last 3 days onwards which liquid is better for ear sir.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ear aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should consult a doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.