Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sharatchandra R MenonYour feedback matters!
My daughter is three nd half years now. We joined her in a very reputed playschoo last month in their summer camp. The first day she was so happy and energetic. Then we decided to put her in the daycare section after the summer camp as she was happy and we both r working. But the second day I had a call from school that she is not stopping crying and come and pick her. While talking to her caretaker she told me that my daughter accidentallypied in the class room and she got embarrassed and started crying. But the next day onwards she is not willing to go to school. Crying from the evening and telling I do not want to got to school do not let me go like that. We r also so much emotionally disturbed these days. But we continued to leave her to school. Now the vaccination going. We can not find whats wrong happened. We tried alot to convince her telling lots of positive things but still she is not ready. Please give some advice.
My son is 5 years old and he has white blood cell count is 15800 and s. G. P. T is 50. 4. What does this mean. What will be the deaseas?
My 4.3 years old son (weight 23 kg) has nasal irritation. He is snoring loudly while sleeping, complaining of blocked nose all the time, since three days now. He also has slight cough. When he blows his nose, little white mucus comes out but mostly there is no mucus. The doctor said his chest is clear, but he has some nasal irritation. He is taking beyumont lc kid 2.5 ml, maxtra, nasivion. But still not better. What to do, We also got him nebulised once with levolin and budecort but it did not do anything.
My four year old daughter lost her appetite for few days what can I do? Some body says A to Z syrup is better for it. please help.
My 2 years daughter has loose motion from today. Pls provide me some home remedies for her. As she is not taken any medicine. Thanks.
My son is quarter to four years old and is suffering from cold and cough. Someone suggested me SHARBAT BANAFSHA . Can I give it to him and how much?
Hi Doctor, my 3 n half year old Daughter is suffering from acute throat problem, Gavin fever as well as cold n Cough as well, I don't know the terminology of the problem what is she going through but, last night she couldn't sleep just because of she throat, she is not able. To speak.
My baby is 8 months ,he is still not started crawling. Is it normal ,or he getting any vitamin deficiency. Please answer.
My 3 years old child is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.