Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sharad Ghatge
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Sharad GhatgeYour feedback matters!
My father [aged 85 yrs] had an episode of cerebrovascular attack about 10 years back.. Has been on Phenytoin Sodium 300 mg HS since then. Also Levetiracetam 500 mg OD had been added since 2010. Recently since last 2 years Clobazam 10 mg HS has been added. Currently he has been very drowsy. Can any of these medication be reduced?
I took allopathic medicines that dilates the heart vessels. I took propranolol hydrochloride for my migraine pain. I feel palpitation in my heart. What are the best ayurvedic medicines to improve heart health. Please suggest me some medicines to improve my heart health. What yoga exercises are beneficial for heart? Please help me.
I am 39 years old and my weight is 92 kgs. My problem is in my sleep some nights my left hand and leg will go numb and suddenly it shivers. I use prolomet xl 25 for my high bp. Rest all fine.
Two years back, I got my nerves blocked in the region between neck and shoulder. Doctor prescribed me to take MRI scan. But I did not. Please suggests me so that to overcome the pain. Should I get to take an operation for this? Please help me.
I am 21 years old. I had a migraine problem. I took treatment for couple of months. But it seems no relief in pain.
I am 57 yrs old and a mother of two. For the past seven to eight yrs I have been suffering from Insomnia. I hardly sleep for two hours now and it is telling on my health. I feel fatigued and not fresh at all when I get up in the morning. Sleeping pills are also not effective any more. Can any one suggest a remedy.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
Mere ko twitching hoti hai. Kabi legs me. Kabi arm me. Kabi abdomen me. Aab blood test thyriod profile, vitamen test normal hai. Kya kahi yeh alas toh nahi hai. Yeh 2015 november se ho raha hai. Tab doctor ne mere ko chest pain ke lie gabapentine dia tha 15 days ke lie. Jab se october 2015 me gabapentin 15 days baad stop kia toh tab se hi twitching ho rahi hai.
I am a 18 years old student. I am suffering from severe sinusitis and migraine. I have not eaten ice cream since a year. But recently I just tasted a pudding which was cold. Immediately my throat started burning.
A migraine is basically a primary headache disorder. It is very common. The most unfortunate part is, it is undertreated and mistreated. How to know whether it is a migraine or some other headache disorder. Migraine patient usually has a headache which is mostly on one side sometimes bilateral in front of the head. It is throbbing headache i. E-patient feels his head will burst if not treated. Patients usually have a feeling of vomitings during the episode. The episode may last from 4hrs to 72 hrs. A migraine headache mainly gets increased on exposure to sunlight and noise. Patients usually get a headache when they are fasting or travelling or any other stress. A migraine usually affects the young people. It runs in families. Migraine headaches initially are very infrequent i. E patients have symptoms once or twice a year. Slowly the frequency increases. And in the end, the patient starts having a daily headache which is very annoying and difficult to treat.