Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shappir BandiwalaYour feedback matters!
Is consuming chocolates like dairy milk daily will it leads to increase sugar levels in body suggest me the best answer.
I have a very bad sore throat since five days took some generic medicine still not finding any improvement.
I have infection on my penis glan. Doctor advice sucralfate with mupirocin ointment .and medicines bybi can't not get rid of it.
Hello doctor my self shiv I am 34 year old man I have back side problem last night and suffering from fever what should I do please tell me.
I am 35 years diabetic detected 6 months back My sugar levels are under control with diet and exercise. I do not take any medicines But I feel very hungry in night so I had a few dates so I had to urinate twice in the night Is it anything serious.
Sir my penis is slightly tilted. I mean it's not completely straight. Will this create a problem in my future life I mean in my married life. Is this curable or not. What should I do to cure this? Please reply me I'm very very much worried bout it.
I am 59 years old. My fasting blood sugar level is 141 and I am taking triglimprex-2daily once. Please suggest me.
My penis doesn't erected while having sex with my wife but it does get erectile watching porn movies. Tell me what to do.
I have 30 years and thyroid using 50 mcg thyroxine sodium but severe hair loss and constipation please give suggestions.
When the male reproductive part accumulates fibrous scar tissue, it results in an erection that is curved and pain.ul, which is known as Peyronie's Disease. While a man’s penis varies in size, a bend in erection doesn’t necessarily indicate any reason for worry. However, Peyronie's Disease causes an erection that is significantly bent and causes pain. This condition can hinder sex life as the erection does not last for an adequate amount of time. It can also result in distress and anxiety. For few percentages of men, the Peyronie's Disease can disappear without having to do anything, for others it requires medical assistance to get a permanent cure.
What are the symptoms of Peyronie's Disease?
The symptoms and signs of this disease can build up gradually or might suddenly appear in an individual. Some of the common symptoms are as follows:
- Scar tissue: As a result of the accumulation of the scar tissue, a lump or hard tissue can be felt under the skin
- Penis size: Penis can become shorter when a person is facing from this disease
- Erection problems: The erection might not last as long as it should
- Penis bent: The penis might bend significantly at an angle
- Pain: There could be a significant pain while erection. As days go by, the pain becomes worse.
Causes of Peyronie's disease?
While the exact cause of Peyronie's disease is not known, researchers indicate a variety of factors for this condition:
- A repeated penis injury from athletic activity, accident, trauma and damage resulting from sex
- If in the process of healing, the scar tissue forms a lump
- The improper functioning of corpus cavernosum
- In few cases, this disease can occur normally without the involvement of any accident or injury
What are the risk factors?
There could be various factors that put a person at risk of facing this disease:
- Heredity: If someone in the immediate family is facing this disease, it puts a person at increased risk of facing Peyronie's disease due to heredity.
- Age: With age, the risk potential of this disease increases since the tissue tends to become softer.
- Disorder of the connective tissue: People suffering from connective tissue disorder are at a higher risk of getting this disease. It is often observed that a person who has been diagnosed with Peyronie's Disease often suffers from a connective tissue disorder known as Dupuytren's contracture.
Diagnosis and treatment:
A physical exam gives a doctor possible indication about the disease. The patient may be asked to bring the photographs of the penis in erect condition to get an idea about the curvature degree and scar tissue location. He might also prescribe an ultrasonography. The medication depends on the stage of diagnosis. In the early stage, a doctor might recommend a wait and watch approach. He might also prescribe medication to minimize the pain and remove the scar tissue. If medication fails one might have to go undergo a surgery to get a permanent cure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.