Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shantanu NagarkattiYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old, I have pimple on my fore head, and cheek and those are becoming into dark black spots. please suggest me how to cure those spots.
Mara face par panderm plus cream ka reaction hua tha or five month ho gaye thoda sa Nisan baki h lakin face black ka black hi h iski wajah se Mara rang kafi fair tha to mai ASA kya karu ki face ka color pahla jasa ho jaye plzzz help.
I have developed some white patches near my neck and chest area.No itching. It is disclouration. Please advise remedies or medicine or cream or oil. Thanks.
Please suggest me creams and face wash. I have large pores and oily facial skin and have dark spots.
Colon cancer is a medical condition where malignant cancerous growths mainly originate in the colon or the large intestine. Believed to be the sixth most common type of cancer prevalent in India (As per the Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre), the colon cancer can metastasize and affect the other healthy body parts and organs.
The symptoms that may be indicative of colon cancer include:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- A person may suffer from anemia (triggered by iron deficiency).
- Rapid and unexplained loss of body weight.
- There may be rectal bleeding (blood may also appear in the stool). There may also be pain and discomfort during the bowel movement.
- A person may experience extreme weakness and fatigue.
- Frequent diarrhea or constipation.
- A person may complain of abdominal pain and cramps.
- There may be a change in the consistency of the stool.
Unfortunately, in most cases, the symptoms associated with colon cancer may not appear in the initial stages, thus complicating the situation.
Prevention and management of Colon Cancer
A little alertness on your part can help to prevent colon cancer.
- Regular health checkups and screening: Whether the symptoms appear or not, health check-ups at regular intervals are a must. In addition to preventing colon cancer, regular health check-ups can also help to avert a host of other health complications. The screening tests for colon cancer are necessary for people who have a family history of colon cancer and also those who are above 50 years of age. The various screening tests for colon cancer include:
- Colonoscopy (used to examine the inside of the colon for any abnormalities).
- Fecal Occult Blood Test (FOBT)/Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT) (These tests are carried out to detect the presence of blood in the feces).
- The screening may also be done using Virtual Colonoscopy or Flexible Sigmoidoscopy.
- Forget the unhealthy lifestyle habits: Smoking and drinking (excessive) can be the chief contributors triggering colon cancer. Limiting your alcohol intake and quitting smoking will not only keep you healthy but also keep colon cancer at bay.
- Shed the extra pounds: The harmful effects of obesity are known to all. Obesity is considered to be one of the underlying factors that can trigger a colon cancer. A healthy body weight can go a long way in preventing colon cancer and keep you fit and active. Minimum 30 minutes exercise daily is all that you need to stay fit and healthy.
- Make healthy changes in the diet: If you want to prevent colon cancer, make your diet as healthy as you can. Enrich it with fruits, vegetables and food items that are rich in fibers, minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Dietary fats (red meat or any other processed meats) are a strict no. Choose whole grain products over refined ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
Hi and hello pls suggest me at now I am using melacare cream . Is there any alternative cream for whiting and glow on face or can I use vitamin c cream on face ?
Turmeric fights inflammation and brightens the appearance of the skin. It also acts as a natural remedy against internal bacteria and toxins that lead to acne.
Is drinking Apple Cider Vinegar (with honey) 2 table spoons diluted in one glass of water, good for people with skin problems (and benefits general health? Any danger or restriction?
Am a 20 years old girl My face is full of pimples, dark spots, oily and am not fair This condition always insult me every where, I lose my confidence also am so thin Pls suggest me a solution pls dnt avoid.
I have uneven tone of skin. And some says. Its hereditary. It can't be even. So suggest me some homemade remedies for it.
I have been residing in chennai past 1 year, due to the hard and salt water in chennai, face has been completely dull accompanied with pores and pimples. Can you please suggest me something so that I can take care in future. Thanks in advance.
Oily skin is a condition that can be characterized by shine on the skin and a large number of pores. The oil in question is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive sebum. This can result in acne and blackheads. Summer is a time of the year where skin problems due to oily skin are worsened by factors such as sweat and dust. So proper skin care is necessary in order to negate the effects of oily skin.
There are multiple ways to handle this condition in summers:
1. Using cleansers - Proper cleaning of skin is a very important step in lessening the effects of oily skin. Harsh cleansers have an opposing effect as they facilitate secretion of oil, so a mild cleanser is usually the best option. Some cleansers may contain ingredients that irritate the skin, so care is advised in selecting a proper one.
2. Hydration and food - Keeping the body well hydrated in summers combined with a diet free of greasy, oily food and less fats can help in reducing the effects of oily skin.
3. Using masks to clear the face - Masks such as clay masks, yogurt, and baking soda can help in cleansing the skin by clearing the oil. It should be noted that these treatments should not be overdone as they can cause the skin to dry up too much and over secrete oil.
4. Skin moisturizers - People often have this notion that oily skin does not require moisturizer application. Selecting a moisturizer that is fit for oily skin and using it will help moisturize the skin and keep it healthy.
5. Sunscreen - Sunscreen is a necessity during summers, and the sunscreen you choose should be specifically for oily skin in order for it to work effectively. Application of sunscreen can help prevent the UV rays of the sun from penetrating the skin and cause complications.
6. Dermatological treatment - In case of severe oiliness, treatments such as chemical peels and creams laced with tretinoin can help.
Related Tip: Which Moisturizer Will Work Best for Your Skin Type?
I have a regular pattern of marks as dots on left side of my neck, they appear as rainy season approaches and goes on increasing. What medicine will be able to heal these?
My finger tips are getting rough and im little concerned about that. Is it due to the season we are running in or something else. Please let me know.
Homeopathy is the system of medicine in which ailments are treated by minimal doses of natural substances. It attacks and cures the root cause of the ailment without causing side effects. To deal with skin disease, it not only studies the skin type but also takes into account a complete analysis of the mind, genetic factors and the condition of the immune system. Homeopathy just doesn’t treat the symptoms, but delves inside the body and takes on the root cause behind the symptoms.
Homeopathy is effective in treating various skin problems, such as eczema, rashes, allergic dermatitis, Uriticaria, Psoriasis, Lichen Planus and other variants, Lichen Planus and other variants, Chronic and recurring bacterial infections, Chronic and recurring bacterial infections, Fungus infections, Vitiligo, acne, Dandruff, hair loss and many other skin ailments.
Dr Rushali Angchekar