Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shantanu Nagarkatti
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shantanu NagarkattiYour feedback matters!
The skin is the largest organ of the body and is hence susceptible to a great number of infections. Here are a few skin infections arranged according to the causative organism:
- Leprosy: Mycobacterium leprae is the bacterium which spreads slowly and causes leprosy. It is also called Hansen’s disease.
- Carbuncles: It is a swollen, painful and red boil aggregation which is joined underneath the skin.
- Cellulitis: It is a common skin infliction that spreads underneath the skin to the adjoining soft tissues. It happens due to the bacteria entering the skin through a cut or a wound.
- Boils: An infected oil gland or hair follicle may lead to a boil. The area affected turns red and soon, a lump forms at the same site.
- Impetigo: It is extremely contagious and can occur on any body part. Exposed areas of the skin are more prone to this bacterial infection.
- Ringworm: Ringworm is a misnomer as it is caused by dermatophytes which are fungi. It’s also called tinea.
- Candidiasis: Certain types of yeast cause candidiasis. The causative yeast is present on everybody’s body surface.
- Sporotrichosis: This fungal infection is common among gardeners and farmers as the mould which causes sporotrichosis can be found on soil, hay and plants.
- Nail fungal infections: When fungus spreads to the nails it might lead to fungal nail infections.
- Athlete’s Foot: It’s a very common infection that can develop in non-athletes as well. This fungal infection can happen to men, women, girls and boys of every age group.
- Shingles: Herpes zoster or shingles is caused by reactivation of the chicken pox virus.
- Chickenpox: Red, itchy rash caused by the varicella virus is an infectious disease that affects a great majority of children. Chickenpox usually happens once in a lifetime as the body has antibodies to protect itself from a repeat infection.
- Molluscum Contagiosum: It is a viral infection that leads to multiple or singular raised bumps on the skin. These bumps are called papules and resemble pearls. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Hii I am Navya I had aa problem that below of my eyes it was black and old skin with black colour it's was only at below of my eyes so please give aa precaution.
I Hav food allergy. Mainly groundnut products. It causes rashes on skin nd my face becomes red. How to avoid such problems.
Red wine is a ladies' drink; if you are averse to alcohol, especially to its usual, piquant taste, you must have been suggested with the lightness of red wine by officious onlookers. That surely isn't a remote possibility when you are a lady and of age. Cautious introspection backed with years of medical or scientific research tells millions how wine, when consumed in moderation, helps improve a woman's physical health: the facet of mental health can be taken for granted as inebriation of most kinds results in mood elevation. It is, therefore, a ladies drink indeed.
While being perturbed about the health of your skin, the sagging cheek muscles, a double chin or wrinkles that start showing once women are in their thirties, you must have rarely conjured the image of a vineyard to relax and repair. A vineyard can actually be your key source to youthful skin. Take a look at the following points to believe the same:
- Red wine can act as an anti-aging intervention in case of both men and women. A glass of wine every day can keep a woman's skin young and taut while two glasses of the same drink can let a man enjoy the look of a young adult.
- Free radicals are active causes of aging. Red wine is rich in antioxidants and thus can do away with such radicals. Many use grapes and grape juice for a glowing skin. Grape juice is way less effective as compared to wine as the latter contains the seed and skin of the fruit during fermentation. The fruit as a whole has polyphenols such as resveratrol that can successfully counter free radicals.
- If you are a health freak and insist on going by a Mediterranean diet, wine is part of your regular diet. You will experience the benefits in a few weeks' time.
- When consumed in a measured and controlled manner, red wine can reduce the chance of contracting breast cancer. Wine sharpens your mind while you age; your cognitive faculties, therefore, do not rust.
- Red wine can make your skin glow from within, unlike any other wine, as white wines have only a little amount of antioxidants.
- Your skin feels young and rejuvenated on drinking red wine as the drink aids arterial functions of the body. Thus proper blood circulation is ensured. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hello, I am an athlete and whenever I do training I get tan What can I do to prevent tanning and how can I remove my tanning?
My body temperature become high at night. And I have the red marks on my body. How to cure this disease? And how to remain healthy?
I have a pimple problem. How can I get out of this problem. My skin is oily and sensitive and too white. It leaves deep scar holes on my face. Please help.
Some people are lucky enough to get a dark spot in the exact place as Cindy Crawford's mole. For the not so lucky others, the only way out is to get rid of them. Zap it, buzz it and eliminate it permanently. One way to do it is with lasers. Laser is a focused beam of light that has just one colour. When directed towards a problem area on the skin, it destroys that particular pigment or tissue without affecting the surrounding areas. Laser is being used to treat brown spots, scars, unwanted hair follicles, and for tattoo removal. Lasers are also used to treat and remove brown and red spots, liver spots, age spots, sun spots, broken capillaries, birthmarks and angiomas.
Most women continue to lead a normal life with dark spots until they start feeling conscious about it. If dark spots are leading you to run from the sun and undervalue your looks, get them treated easily with laser.
- How to choose your practitioner?: When you visit a doctor for treatment, the only way to know if the doctor is right for you is by asking a lot of questions. Ask them about their training and their experience in treating particular types of spots. Another wise thing to check is the number of lasers the clinic has. Some small set ups have just one type of laser, which they recommend to all their patients. It is not just a question of experience and skill but also trust, which will ultimately help you choose the right doctor for your treatment. Also, you may be tempted to try a particular laser treatment since it worked wonders for your friend. Refrain from doing so.
- Types of laser treatment: Your type of treatment will typically be chosen depending on the severity of your dark spots - how dark they are, at what depth in the dermis do they occur, what amount of area they cover, and how old they are. The dermis is six layers deep, so the depth where the spots start can determine what laser your face will need in order to get rid of them. If your spot is fairly new and is only on the top layer, the doctor will start with the first level. Because laser can reach deep down in the dermis, it works where other treatments don't. The treatment does involve a degree of pain and sore skin, but it can yield good results if done right.
- Cost of laser treatment: Laser treatment will cost less than all the money you spend on over-the-counter skin lightening creams over years. It will also cost lesser than the amount of money you spend in buying high quality concealers over time. The cost will typically depend on the type of set up (spa or clinic) and the expertise of the practitioner.