Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar VagadeYour feedback matters!
Whenever I get cold and cough some liquid discharge from my ear it's smell bad like a fungus please help me allergic to sulphur tatra and levoflaxicine.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
CHEW MORE, EAT LESS : Studies show that the longer time you spend chewing, the lesser calories you consume. Chewing for longer prevents over-eating, by giving the brain more time to receive signals from the stomach that it is full. It is not only great for digesting, but it also helps in limiting your portion size. Try chewing your food 35 to 50 times per mouthful.
DON'T SKIP BREAKFAST : No matter how late you are running to work, avoid missing breakfast. There is a reason why it is called the most important meal of the day. Your body (rather your brain) expects to be refueled a few times each day, so when you skip breakfast, you feel so hungry that when lunch time comes, you overeat or maybe choose foods items that are not the healthiest choices. Missing breakfast slows down your metabolism. More importantly, always eat your breakfast, within an hour of waking up, as your body has gone without food the entire night.
CONCENTRATE ON YOUR FOOD : How many times has your mother reprimanded you to not talk, read or watch TV while eating food? Not without a reason. When you are multitasking during meal times, your brain isn't focussing on the amount of food that you are consuming and you are more prone to piling on pounds. This doesn't mean that you cannot enjoy a meal with your friends. You can do so, but just pay attention to what you are putting in your mouth!
DON'T OVERCOOK YOUR MEALS : Overcooking food kills or reduces the number of nutrients your meal contains, and when you don't get enough nutrients, you don't feel satisfied and soon start to get junk food cravings. To combat this, try eating more raw foods like sushi and salads. Steam, bake, blanch or grill vegetables and grill or bake meat and fish. Avoid microwaving.
FRUITS BEFORE MEALS : It is advisable to eat fruits at least 30 minutes before any heavy meal. This way, the fruits will digest quickly. Eating fruits on an empty stomach detoxifies your system and supplies you with a great deal of energy for losing weight.
HAVE SMALLER MEALS, MORE OFTEN : Ideally, you should eat five to six times per day, with a two to three hour break between each meal or snack. Eating more frequently gets your metabolism going and keeps it working at an elevated level continuously throughout the day. But don't use this rule as an excuse to overeat.
AVOID EATING AFTER 8 PM : It's good to eat your last meal before eight in the evening. This way you don't land up binging on a snack before dinner time. If you find it hard to resist, have some herbal tea or brush your teeth after dinner immediately to switch your mind off from the idea of eating. THINK AND DRINK : While everyone knows it's necessary to drink at least eight to 10 glasses of water, very few know when one should consume it. When you drink is as important as what you drink. If you drink water in-between meals, the liquid slows down digestion, diluting the acid in your stomach and so the nutrients from the food that you eat are not well absorbed. To avoid this try to drink water 15 minutes before or after a meal, and if you really need to drink while you eat, limit yourself to small sips only.
Dr surbhi agrawal
consultant physician and diabetologist
I am suffering from acidity problems. These types of problem began after my gall bladder surgery. please suggest me remedies.
Male sexual anatomy
The organs and glands that make up the male sexual anatomy include:
- Testicles - after puberty, a person's testicles, placed at the base of the penis, produce male sex cells referred to as sperm. Additionally beginning at puberty, testicles produce testosterone, the male intercourse hormone. A person's sperm production, as soon as started, maintains in the course of his lifestyles; sexually mature adult males produce thousands and thousands of sperm cells every day. The testicles are positioned beneath the penis, outside the frame, wherein the ideal temperature to make sperm may be maintained as it's miles numerous tiers too hot for sperm to be feasible (capable of fertilizing eggs) inside the body.
- Scrotum - the testicles are protected through a pouch of skin called the scrotum. The scrotum and the muscles surrounding it can pull the testicles toward the frame when they are too bloodless, and loosen up far away from the frame when the testicles are too warm. The scrotum also holds the epididymis.
- Epididymis and vas deferens - the epididymis stores the sperm after the testicles produce them, and the vas deferens transports the sperm from the epididymis to the urethra.
- Urethra - the urethra is a duct, or tube, that transports fluids from the inner of the body to the out of doors. In each woman and men, the urethra is hooked up to the bladder and is used to pass urine out of the body. In men, but, the urethra is also connected to the 'accessory glands,' which produce semen, and to the vas deferens, the duct that brings the sperm from the epididymus.
- Penis - the penis is perhaps the maximum seen a part of the male sexual anatomy. It's far made of parts, the shaft and the head (also known as the glans.) the shaft houses the corpora cavernosa (flexible cylinders produced from erectile tissue that run the period of the penis and assist erections), and the corpus spongiosum (erectile tissue surrounding the urethra). In its reproductive capacity, the urethral establishing on the tip of the penis grants sperm into the vagina. Urine also flows out of the body via the urethral commencing.
- Accent glands - there are numerous glands that work together to provide semen or seminal fluid. Sperm can stay in the woman reproductive system for as much as 48 hours, and seminal fluid enables the sperm move around and stay nourished. The seminal vesicle produces a fluid that gives strength to the sperm as they seek out the girl sex cellular or the egg. The prostate gland makes a special fluid that allows the sperm pass greater fast thru the woman reproductive machine. Every other set of glands referred to as bulbourethral or cowper's glands, makes a small quantity of fluid that helps guard the sperm on its way via the urethra through neutralizing any leftover traces of acidic urine.
My mother is sugar patient. But in feet very heat means (jalan) doctor & what type of food she has to eat doctor.
I am 29 year old female having pregnancy of 5 week 5 days (as per USG report), I am facing too much problem with acidity, which medicine I can take for relief from acidity and is this will safe during pregnancy.
Iam suffering from insomniac, not able to sleep in the nights earlier its upto 1 or 2 to sleep and becoming 10 to woke up, and feeling like insomniac can not able to sleep properly, please give me a good suggestion.
I am a semi professional football player , and I am used to a hectic schedule of intense training n workouts. Then hitting gym later on! Meanwhile I Also attend my classes and ride a lot which indirectly patches me to an unhealthy diet! Like if I eat healthy breakfast, I tend to skip lunch and eve snack n later on gore on dinner with whatever available. Can't help it my schedule is so tight, mostly I had to skip meals. Which I am not comfortable with! So I don't know because of this or something else, I feel restless and weak every time, like I feel sleepy at anytime. And a major problem is my body is very hot from inside, at least that's what the doctor said. Like if I play, I can feel the heat exiting from my body and if It exceeds , it. Mostly ends with nose bleeding. Someone said that masturbation helps to release the body heat, so I tend to practice that twice or thrice daily. Still ain't helping, I got struck with the acne n pimples on my forehead because of this heat, what should I do now, please help!
When I wake up after sleep my throat and tongue are extremely dry. I am suffering from this problem from last few weeks. please suggest me remedies.
Report on18-3-16 Sgpt 115 Bilirubin total = 1.40 direct = 0.72 indirect = 0.68 Report on 31-3-16 Sgpt 17 Bilirubin total = 0.87 direct = 0.45 indirect = 0.42 I got jaundice but now reports showing counts are normal may I know is this coz I'm taking medicine or it is really normal I took medicine in the morning and gave blood sample in the evening! Also suggest me some diet and from when I can eat normally? Junk food and all: p.
Hi, Usually I have my spinal cord pain and will feel hard pain continuously. Is there any solution for it? Have consulted many doctors but no change. If you can give any suggestion I will be thankful.
Hello Sir and mam, I'm Rakes and I just want to solve my mothers problem. Now my mom face hairfall problem. She is also a diabetic. And now she take homeopathic for that. Now she wants to stop her hairfall. So please suggest me for her.
My grandmother is 68 years off age. Yesterday she was feeling giddiness and vomited 3 times. Giddiness has not subsided and she has fainted yesterday evening. Pls help us.
Whenever I use whey protein my stomach gets started paining. So should I continue this? I tried every test which can be done for stomach but got nothing.
Hi, I have a problem with erectile dysfunction. And also premature ejaculation. Can you please suggest how can I overcome this problem.
I am suffering from cough and sneeze whenever my nose is block my nose is block I take a one drop of otrivin what should I do.
We're all guilty of making fun of snorers, but sometimes this snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a condition where breathing is not continuous and may start and stop many times while asleep. This affects the quality of your sleep and in turn can affect many aspects of your health including your cardiovascular health. Here's how:
High Blood Pressure: When a sleep apnea patient's breathing stops, the oxygen levels in the blood also suddenly fall. This can increase your blood pressure. High blood pressure means that the heart muscles need to work harder to pump blood through the body.
Cardiomyopathy: As a result of high blood pressure, the heart walls may become thicker and the heart muscles become stiffer. This is known as Cardiomyopathy. As this condition worsens, the heart becomes weaker and is unable to maintain a regular rhythm. This can eventually lead to heart failure.
Arrhythmia: An irregular heartbeat is also known as Arrhythmia. This may also be related to the changes in the heart's structure that follow the drop in blood oxygen levels. In many cases, Arrhythmia has no visible symptoms and can often go undiagnosed. This can result in the formation of blood clots in the atria which can lead to a stroke.
Sleep apnea is easy to diagnose. If the doctor feels that you show symptoms of sleep apnea, you may be asked to stay on the hospital overnight and undergo a sleep evaluation. This tests a variety of body functions including brain activity, eye movements, heart rate, breathing patterns and blood oxygen levels.
Treatment for sleep apnea depends on the causes for this condition. If you are overweight, regular exercise and a change in diet can help you lose the excess weight and cure sleep apnea. Similarly, if your sleep apnea is triggered by an allergy, treating the allergy can help cure the sleep apnea. Other forms of treatment for sleep apnea may include:
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP): This is a machine which pumps air into the body through a nasal mask. By keeping the pressure in the machine higher than normal air pressure the upper airway passages are kept open and hence the quality of your sleep is improved. An auto CPAP machine can modulate the air pressure such that it is higher when you inhale and lower when you exhale.;
Oral devices: Your doctor may suggest oral devices that allow you to keep your mouth open while you sleep. This is easier to use than CPAP machine but less effective. Surgery is the last resort when it comes to treatment for sleep apnea.