Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar N. KarapYour feedback matters!
Hy my name is Mukul Tyagi I want to live physically fit give me some advice contact me my no is 7509822532 so give some advice.
I am a patient (45 years) of ankylo spondeolosis with positive BLA27. I have been taking SAZO 1000 mg for last 2 years. Is it safe for taking this medicine for long period of time?
I am 31 year old girl. I want to reduce my weight. It seems hard to loose the weight. Please suggest some easy and fast ways to reduce my weight.
My name is jaison roy. I am 19 years old. I want to become fat body. Means not much fat only fit. So how can I maintain food. Please give some time table for food.
Am 19 years old girl my breast size s large can I reduce that by taking any medicine. I feel very comfortable to go out is almost 34 in size and my weight is just 54 there s a vast difference between my breast and my body weight.
Dear Sir, My mother is 74 years old and she is pacing with knee pain now. She have used lot of allopathic medicine but not getting any improvement. So kindly advice us what need to do now? Regards, Aswini Kumar Jena Dhamra, Odisha.
Hello sir I am rehan and I am asking you about I have gas problem. overtime my chest is burn. Nd I feel it badly what can I do sir help me.
My name is asad qureshi my age is 11 n my weight is 50+ which is quite heavy n my school time is very hectic so my weight is increasing rapidly wat do I do for losing weight.
Smoking has several bad effects on your body, and it can invite many diseases be it related to the heart, lungs, brain or respiratory system. Millions of people everywhere in this world die from problems triggered by smoking. Cigarette smoking is one of the most harmful threats to your body; there is no way you can expect to remain safe while being an addict. It is not easy to give up smoking in a day. You might require some other sort of oral stimulation in the process of quitting.
There are many toxic compounds in a cigarette which further damage your cells. Tobacco is carcinogenic and hence cigarette smoking can result in several types of cancer. Tobacco smoke mainly consists of:
- Nicotine: This is an extremely addictive substance. As smokers are hooked to the nicotine, they find it very hard to quit. This acts really fast on their lungs, and reaches to the brain within 15 seconds after you inhale.
- Carbon monoxide: It is a dangerous gas without any taste or smell. You body absorbs it immediately as it is very hard to discriminate between oxygen and carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide decreases heart rate and muscle functions thus pushing you towards slow death.
- Tar: It is a poisonous chemical which causes cancer. Whilst smoking, 70% tar remains in your lungs. It is basically a sticky brown material.
Smoking is one of the most important reasons behind preventable deaths. The diseases that can be caused by smoking are:
- Brain: stroke is one most threatening diseases that can be caused by smoking. Smoking increases your chances of suffering from a stroke. Smoking increases brain aneurysm, which develops the chances of stroke. It can rupture the blood vessels in your brain and it can lead to brain death too.
- Heart: when you smoke the smoke enters the blood vessels of your body and it damages the blood circulation system. It can give you several heart diseases like - stroke, heart attack, coronary heart problem and peripheral heart problem.
- Lungs: your lungs get the worst effects of smoking. Asthma, cough, wheezing and cold are just the tip of the iceberg. Your lungs directly absorb the nicotine and tar. Other diseases like pneumonia, lung cancer and emphysema can also occur.
- Mouth and throat: smoking causes very common oral problems like bad breath and stained teeth. It can also cause gum cancer and throat cancer. 93% of throat, head and neck cancers occur due to smoking.
- Infertility and reproduction: smoking destroys blood vessels, which supply blood to the penis causing male impotence. It destroys sperm count in men and egg count in women. It can also cause cervical cancer. Apart from this smoking also causes premature birth, stillbirth and illness.
I have lot of acne scars on my face for past 2 years. What should I do to remove them? It really bothers me.
What thing I can do or medicine by I am become for I am very slim tell me something medicine or healthy food by which my body become fit by doing also jym to become a fit personality.
I am having pimples on back side of my shoulders and also im having them on my face so please tell me what to do. And how can it be corrected I want to be free from them pls help me.
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.