Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shani
Submit a review for Dr. ShaniYour feedback matters!
I and my partner have sex with ejaculating outside process. Now I missed this months period. How much is the probability of getting pregnant. Is there any medicine through which I can start periods again?
It bleeding while stools. Blood drops a lot but no pain. What to do? It happen since one or two week but today I bleed a lot. What to do?
I have so many acne nd dark spots on my face since 5 yrs. But still i'can not get any solution. Pllzz help me to rid of these.
Growth of white hairs are increasing day by day. Even if I put oil on my hairs. Now 18 and before 2 years there no white hairs. How the came do nt khow. What to do? Hiw.
Hi, Can you please prescribe me ayurveda medicines for eczema. I am a diabetic also and have cervical spondylitis.
My wife got abortion 3 months ago. Before pregnant she was 50 ks but after abortion her weight is increasing very soon Now her weight is 60 and she started skipping exercise will there any effect due to skipping and she gaining weight please suggest for weight loose?
I am suffering from general weakness. Legs are pained. Due to weakness Please give me a conclusion for weakness.
I have too much hair on my body. I want to reduce them so what should I do please suggest me and I look like too older than my age.
Depression is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. Depression refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. But if the depression is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression. Under clinical depression, it is preferable that you go through a proper treatment course by a certified therapist. The Most common types of depressions are:
- Major depression - Under this type of a depression you will be depressed for most days of the week and if this condition extends for a period greater than 2 weeks, then it is a case of major depression. The most common method to treat a major depression is to talk to a mental health specialist and take medications called antidepressants (only after a prescription by a certified doctor).
- Persistent depressive disorder - This is a more severe and long lasting type of depression which is identified if you are depressed over a period longer than 2 hours. The most common symptoms of this type of a disorder are - change in your appetite, too much or too little sleep, lack of energy or fatigue, low self-esteem, trouble concentrating or making decisions, feeling hopeless among others.
- Bipolar disorder - If you are experiencing extreme ups and downs of mood abruptly and without any apparent reason, then you might be suffering from this disorder. This disorder is commonly known as a maniac depression, because during an up phase you will be extremely happy, joyful outgoing and talkative but during the low phase you will be sad, tired and depressed.
- Seasonal affective disorder - This type of a depression might bother you only during the winter season. This happens whenever the days are shorter and your body is not able to get enough of sunlight. This mostly happens in the case of people who are very fond of sunlight, and they prefer the sunshine over dark periods of the night. This disorder is treated by SAD antidepressants and everyday light therapy of 15 to 20 minutes.
- Psychotic depression - Under this type of a depression, you will have a major depression along with some psychotic symptoms like - hallucinations, delusions, and paranoia. Hallucinations mean viewing things that are not there, in reality, delusions are false beliefs or misconceptions and paranoia is the constant fear that somebody is going to harm you.