Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sham DesaiYour feedback matters!
My wife had 9th month of pregnant. She has bicornuate uterus. Will we expect delivery normally? Is c-section compulsory? please give me advise what I shall do. Thank you sir/madam.
My daughter age of 22 facing the problem of bedwetting while sleeping at night from childhood. I consulted with doctor few years back. He said it will stop with passage of time. But she still wet the bed. We are going to plan her marriage. Which medicine should I give to her to stop bed wetting.
Hello Dr, I missed my period from 2 day I have pain on my stomach back and head I done pregnancy test but positive line was so much faint what its mean can I pregnant?
In recent sonography report I found to have cysts in ovaries about 2-5mms in diameter and my tsh level is also increased can it be cured?
I am 24 years old. After delivery my first period date is 26.09,2016. But this month not yet come my 2nd period. Home pregnancy test show negative only. I am feeding women. Please suggest ideas.
In this fast-moving world, everyone is so busy that it's hard to take self-care. People give less importance to what they eat, when they sleep and so on. Conditions such as anaemia have become very common, and we still neglect knowingly and unknowingly. You tend to find quick alternatives. Homoeopathy is the alternative for such a condition.
Understand Anemia: If hemoglobin (that carries oxygen throughout the body) count is less in red blood cells, such condition is known as anaemia. Body doesn't receive enough oxygen, thereby leading to weakness and fatigue. Anaemia can affect all age groups; from kids to elders.
Apart from poor diet, certain anaemic conditions could be hereditary, which are beyond one's control. Women who are of childbearing age tend to be anaemic due to menstruation.
Causes and Types:
- Accidental blood loss, child birth or medical conditions such as gastric ulcer lead to haemorrhage, which ultimately lead to anaemia.
- Iron deficiency during pregnancy, poor diet or haemorrhage may cause anaemia
- Megaloblastic anaemia occurs due to deficiency of Vitamin B12 (Folic Acid).
- Pernicious anaemia occurs due to autoimmune disorder. One is unable to absorb Vitamin B12 adequately.
- Hemolytic anaemia is caused to destruction of red blood cells during ill health conditions such as in malaria or due to irregular red blood cells such as in Sickle-Cell Anemia.
- In a condition where haemoglobin production is impaired due to hereditary disorder, it is called Thallasemia.
There are numerous homeopathic treatments available for anaemia.
- Aletris Farinosa is mainly given to women who are extremely weak and feel tired. Such patients always feel tired with minimal energy levels. Vertigo and fainting are quite common. Facial skin looks pale.
- China is the best for one who experiences excessive bleeding. Bleeding could be due to traumatic injury, periods and so on. The person is usually tired and faints quite often. China is used to control haemorrhage as well as improves blood quantity after bleeding episodes.
- Cinchona also helps to treat anaemia due to blood loss.
- Ferrum Metallicum is considered to be the best homeopathic medicine for anaemia.
- Natrum Mur helps to treat anaemia due to grief. Reasons could be personal tragedy or any other circumstance. The condition worsens due to heat. One tends to ingest more of salt content food.
- Nit-acid-One is given to anaemic persons who have a desire to eat chalk, paper and earth.
Besides these treatments, eat iron-rich food and have a regular blood check-up at least once in six months. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I hv suffering poor health from last eight months. I hv often pain in my body , lot of urine in day time, itchy eyes and lot of discharge from nose, sneezes any time.in that case I can't sleep properly night and feel lazy day time. What should I do. I'm 35 years female.
I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle since 9-10 yrs. Whenever I take 21day tab I get regular cycle and when I do not my cycle comes after 5 months. I was diagnosed with PCOD once. And had ovarian cyst 7 years back. My weight has increased.
I had sex yesterday with my gf and she was in her first day of menstruation. Actually Yesterday We had sex two times but at the first I have a very early ejaculation that I could not even insert. It was an outside ejaculation and at the second time after 10 to 20 minutes I again inserted and within 2 to 3 minutes I again ejaculated but this time it was inside her vagina. The reason of asking question is to know whether is it safe sex for both of us? May she get pregnant? May I get infected? Is there any need of medicine for both of us? How will she early know before getting pregnant?
I am a 24 years old girl. I got married 3 months back, but till now we have not started our sexual relationship, I am still a virgin and so is he. Ours is a love marriage and we both love each other a lot. Everytime we try to get physical everything goes well in foreplay but as soon as time comes I become cautious and am afraid of the pain I will get. We even tried many a times but am not able to bear the pain. Please help me to save my marriage.
I am 3 months after delivery and am giving breastfeeding. Nowadays am feeling so tiredness during the time of feeding so please suggest some vitamins tablets for me continue with breast feed.
Morning after pill is an emergency form of contraception. It is a type of birth control which can prevent unwanted pregnancy which is a potential risk after unprotected sexual intercourse. The typical name, “morning after pill”, is on account of the fact that it is usually taken on the morning after you have had unprotected sex the earlier night.
How does it work?
It primarily works by inhibiting or delaying ovulation. It does not cause abortion, but merely stops ovulation temporarily and thus, prevents fertilization of the egg with the sperm. It is required to be taken within 72 hours or 3 days after having unsafe sex for it to work effectively, but the sooner you take it, the better it is.
Risks associated with the Morning after Pill
Although the prospect of using this pill seems very useful and handy, there are risks associated with it as well.
It has temporary side effects such as nausea, headache, dizziness, lower abdominal pain or cramps.
It is not a reliable form of birth control like condoms, copper-Ts or IUDs as you might still get pregnant.
It can lead to bleeding between your periods or heavy menstrual bleeding can be experienced. It can even make your menstrual cycle irregular.
In serious cases, it can even lead to cerebral haemorrhage (bleeding inside the brain) and cerebral thrombosis (formation of clots in the brain).
It does not protect you from any sort of STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) or STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection).
It can even lead to hormonal imbalances if taken on a regular basis as it can interfere with your regular estrogen and progesterone levels.
If taken multiple times, it can even affect your fertility in the future as it can alter the pH levels of your uterus.
- It is an emergency contraceptive and not recommended for routine use.