Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sham DesaiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am in my15 week pregnancy and I am bit confuse regarding food cause doctor has asked me to avoid warm food, so please tell me can I have chicken. I had my first pregnancy miscarriage and now this is my first pregnancy again so I am very much concerned. please help me to maintain my healthy pregnancy by advising proper food.
- Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands regularly to avoid the spread of bacteria and virus.
- Use a tissue and handkerchief. Don't cover your mouth with your hand while sneezing or coughing. Germs and viruses cling to bare hands and muffling coughs and sneezes often result in passing along the germs to others.
- A warm salt water gargle can temporarily relieve a sore or scratchy throat.
- Drink warm milk. Milk does not cause mucus builds up. In fact, the protein, calories and fat in the milk make you strong.
- Decaffeinated tea or warm beverages can be soothing and can help break up mucus.
- Getting enough sleep is vital for a healthy immune system. Resting when you first come down with a cold helps your body direct its energy toward the immune battle.
- Ventilate the room. Tb bacteria spread easily in small closed rooms where the air doesn't move. If it's not too cold outside, open the windows and use a fan to blow the indoor air outside.
- If you have a cough which lasts for more than a week, wear a surgical mask when you're outside and around people
My question is for my girlfriend. She had a regular menstrual cycle. Date 25 or 26 of month. Last one was on Jan 26th. We had sex on 1st Feb Night and on 2nd feb she had i-pill around 5 pm. Yesterday she had some black colored discharge. We are so much worried. Can you help us please. And Yes her age is 25.
I had a surgery in last year December with ovarian cyst. My question is now I have a problem of back pain whenever I do some work and I have still scars on my abdomen. Can you suggest me some medication and ointment to remove this scar.
My gf has pain in her vagina while she goes to urinals for pee. And she has to go for urinal again and again. Suggest me. What is the reason and what should I do?
HI I am 25 yrs, old, I got married and I had 3 children, I got operation with vasectomy (not to have children) in the month june last year, after that operation there was a problem started, for me there is a lot of white discharge from that time after I got operation there was a white discharge, and in the menses time the discharge is more and when compared to other than menses, if I take long gap for having urine the clothes are getting wet. And the severity of this problem is more from last 2 months please suggest.
The iron content in respect of my wife is very low. At present her Hemoglobin content is 5.8. It had happened earlier also but after taking proper rest and iron tablets like Ferigard XT, the hemoglobin content came to nearly 11 after one month. Tests in all respects starting from ultrasound, B12, Folic acid, all blood related test nothing wrong came out. During period, she is suffering from heavy bleeding which results to down of Hg content. The medicine specialist referred the matter to gynecologist and she also found nothing wrong. Can anyone please suggest what should I do at present. As taking iron tablet or injections can not solve the problem though it will help in increasing the Hg content temporarily. Proper root cause of the problem need to be found out in this case. Thanks.
My wife is blooding in vagina .ita ab normal .out of date . Its start from our first married night .so what should I do?
I am 8 th month pregnant and now these days I have itching problem in my foot and hands and Tommy also what can I do for leaving this problem.
Hi, I'm 14 weeks pregnant. I've got cold and fever. My sister in law has been diagnosed with chicken pox. I've been informed that I would only come to know after 2 weeks if I had been infected, is that true? Can I be treated before itself to avoid getting chicken pox, if so what medication? Please help me!
I've unprotected sex and i've take i-pill within 8 hours now. I've done my pregnancy test and its shows -ve and till now I didn't have period of last month that January and i'm much worried now, i'm going to retest my pregnancy but is their any pill or medicine to prevent pregnancy that can be buy from any medicine shop? I want to know the name of 100% working pill that can prevent pregnancy at all and which can be buy from any medicine shop.
I'm Asu. Iam 21tears old and my weight is 50kgs height is 155cms. I don't have regular periods and miss periods 3months. How to get regular periods.
May I know the reasons for the cause of ovarian cyst and could you please tell me the precautions to be taken?
1- Eat less salt.
2- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet: increase intake of fruits, vegetables, potassium, and fiber
3- Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight
4- Manage your stress level: do something that helps you to relax when you feel stressed,
6- Limit alcohol intake: no more than two drinks per day.
Actually 2 months ago, my wife was getting blood in her urine 1 or 2 time and having constant pain in back sometimes and suffered from cough. Around 3 weeks ago she consulted a doctor and she gave her some medicine and said these symptoms are not good for your future. But after taking those medicine she is feeling ok now and nothing is happening now but cough is there. Can you tell me are these the symptoms of cancer? Or is she totally fine now.
Me and my girlfriend got intimated a month ago. We did almost everything apart from sex. I discharged over her vagina (not inside). Now it's almost above 45 days but she didn't had periods. Is it a matter of worry? What should I do? Is there any chances of her getting pregnant?
Though the act of intercourse is portrayed as an act of pleasure, achieving an orgasm is an indication of a satisfying sexual act. Inability to achieve an orgasm is far more common in females than in males and this can be due to various reasons.
Read on to know some more about the causes and ways to manage this:
A mix of psychological, social, and physical conditions can lead to orgasmic disorders in female. Some of the common causes are listed below:
- History of sexual abuse
- Poor self-esteem
- Relationship issues, lack of trust, conflicts, etc.
- Cultural or social beliefs
- Advancing age
- Chronic medical conditions like diabetes
- Medications like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), which are frequently used in depression (depression is common in women)
- Gynecologic issues like hysterectomy
It is a vicious cycle that is contributed by more than one of these factors, which leads to strengthening of the disorder in the future. Types of orgasmic disorders: There are four types of orgasmic disorders, which are as follows:
- Primary anorgasmia: Women with such disorders have never been able to achieve an orgasm.
- Secondary anorgasmia: Over a period of time, women who previously have had orgasms are unable to achieve an orgasm.
- Situational anorgasmia: Women suffering from it would be able to achieve an orgasm only during certain situations like oral sex or masturbation, but may not climax during regular sexual intercourse.
- General: These women could be highly stimulated and aroused, but would still be unable to achieve climax.
Management and diagnosis
The first step in management is diagnosis. A detailed discussion with the doctor about sexual history followed by physical examination can help identify the problem. Being open about discussing this private topic is very important in diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment would depend on the underlying cause, and include the following:
- Diagnose and treat/manage underlying medical conditions like diabetes.
- Switch to an alternate antidepressant if SSRIs are being used.
- Involve in sex therapy where cognitive behavioral therapy is a big component. Becoming aware of what can be is very important.
- Sexual counseling with the partner to resolve any conflicts, improves trust levels and the overall health of the relationship. This is often a major cause for this disorder.
- Involving the partner to help in achieving an orgasm by clitoral stimulation, etc.
- Hormone therapy in the form of a pill, patch or gel may be used to increase sensitization in the genital area. These help by improving blood flow to the genitals and increasing sexual desire.
It is important to understand that female anorgasmia is very common and though it can be frustrating, it can be managed effectively. But do not forget to admit the problem and seek help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.