Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalthiya KhanYour feedback matters!
I have some rashes on penis my doubts is I have used safety while sex first time is another company and second time another company first time there is no rashes on my penis after using another it has started having rashes is there any problem. One more thing I went to a skin specialists he has given an intimate to use while using intiment any problem to my Pines please give any reason to me fast.
I have black spots and pimples on my face. I had try everything like face wash. Etc. But my pimples didn't remove. What should I do to remove pimples.
How to get fair skin i am a south indian. I am not black i am a bit tan thats it any tablets help me to get fairer skin.
She has got small itching rings over the head neck and arms. Red in colour n disappear after 2. 3 days then again start fotminh. Prescribe some medicine plz.
Actually sir I am worried about my hair, my age is 18 and. Some of hair goes white so pls suggest me.
Hey sir I got itching and bubbles on my hand and its spreading itz having some fuzz inside pls recommend me what to do any medicine.
My Mother is having itching & skin diseases from long time, she is also suffering from Thyroid, BP & Heart problems. Tell what she can do?
I am getting pimples on my face. Day by day it is increasing. Want help to reduce the pimples with simple homemade remedy. Thanking you. And Happy holi.
I have hair loss. I use hairdryer daily does it affects nd What are prevention for it. I had also rebounded my hair. But now I use only on my hair but still hair fall is not stopping.
A month ago my face skin started to be dry and rough, now I noticed my eye brow losing hair and my hair is falling too. Note: I have a sister who lost her hair because of Frontal fibrosing alopecia. What can I do to know my exact diagnosis, and if it was the same what can I do to stop hair falling, what is the treatment?
Usually I drink water 3-4lts a day but My skin is so dry in winter but very oily during summer. I hve acne and Whiteheads problem also. please suggest.
Suggest me medicine to cure pores caused by pimples. Please help me. I lost my self confidence. It ruin my life. Please suggest medicine which 100% percent working. Please give me complete solution for this.
Hey doctor , I have been working out in the gym. Use to take protein shakes egg lot of egg whites and chicken on daily basis. I got acne on my back and face which is not going what am I suppose to do.? It has left marks I guess the protein I took had some problems in it.
I'm having a increase in hairfall after I suffered from typhoid two months back? Is it a side effects of typhoid treatment or should I consult a dermatologist?
I an suffering from hair fall and dandruff how to cure do I use some chemicals or not PLC recommend me some medicine?
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups
Dermabrasion is a procedure where a brush made up of wire or a rough edged diamond wheel is used on the skin to remove the upper layer from the skin. The rotation of the brush causes the upper layer of the skin to come off and may cause bleeding. The skin that comes off is replaced with new skin.
Why it is done?
- The procedure may be used to treat various surgical scars.
- Usually this procedure is used to get rid of acne scars.
- The procedure is used to treat various superficial growths that occur on the skin such as small cysts.
- It may also be used to treat wrinkles around the mouth.
The area where the procedure is carried out is marked and then cleaned properly. Local anesthesia is used to numb the skin followed by an application of ice pack for about half an hour. If the preceding procedures do not harden the skin enough, then a freezing spray may be used to firm up the skin. Gauze may be used to restrict the bleeding which results from the procedure. The area is then cleaned and ointment is applied.
The depth and size of the procedure determines, how much time the recovery process will take. For example, a small patch of skin will take little time to heal compared to a full face dermabrasion. It usually takes 6 to 7 days for the skin to regrow, which is pink in color. The color tends to fade away in 2 to 3 months. Usually patients do not suffer from pain, but if you do have some pain then you can take pain relievers. Corticosteroids may be used to treat swellings, if any.
You need to follow certain precautionary measures after the surgery:
- Regular cleaning of the skin to avoid various infections of the skin.
- Regular changing of the dressing and the ointment to speed up the healing process.
- Sun exposure needs to be avoided as the new skin is prone to damage. You may use sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun's rays.