Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shalini AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am Dr Rinku Sengupta from Sita Ram Bhartiya Institute and I am working as an Obstetrics and consultant gynaecologist from last 22 years. Today, I am going to tell you that how to select the best gynaecologist for the delivery?
Before you select a doctor for your delivery, you should be aware that most women can give birth naturally, without any difficulty. As women's body is designed to give birth. All you need is a good family and a nursing support. A doctor needs to be standby as sometimes some interventions like caesarian sections may need to be done in 1in10 births.
The doctor which you choose should inherently believe in the philosophy of naturalness of a child birth and should have a reputation of low caesarian sections. Also, the doctor which you choose should have a good team of nursing professionals to give good labour support and a team of Obstetrician who can give each other a cover in an emergency hour. Also, you should be encouraged by your doctor to attend child birth education classes so you are advised about not gaining excessive weight. And you and your partner are confidently prepared for labour without fear.
I had cyst in my both ovaries due to which my periods were irregular. I had taken medicines for the same. But after few months I started facing irregular periods again. I want to know whether homeopathy has solution for this problem. If yes, please suggest me homeopathic medicine to cure this problem.
Malaria is transmitted by the bite of a female anopheles mosquito.
The malaria mosquito bites mainly between dusk and dawn. While, the dengue mosquito bites during the day.
Malaria can also be transmitted by blood transfusion by sharing of contaminated needles.
Bed nets are good against malaria as major malarial vectors bite during the night.
The behavior of mosquitoes may differ. Some may prefer to rest indoors and feed indoors in the night. Some may prefer to rest and feed outdoors earlier in the day.
Preventive therapy of malaria can be instituted in pregnancy in high risk areas.
The malarial mosquito feeds every third day compared to dengue mosquito, which feeds three times a day.
Malarial fever presents with chills, especially during afternoon.
Spraying of the indoor residential walls and ceiling is effective against mosquitoes.
Ddt is widely used as indoor residential spraying.
Ddt should not be applied more than once or twice early in the walls.
Mosquito contact with ddt surface would generally save from lethal exposure outside the house.
Public must know that spray may require furniture rearrangement. Walls may become streaked with chemical treatment and residual odor from ddt.
The other alternative is malathion spray.
My wife is 37 weeks pregnant so when we can expect our baby plg suggest n what to be taken into care and when to go to hospital kindly brief about it.
I am 28 years old I have pcos patient can conceive baby? I have take tablet duphaston, folinine, glycomet 500its benefit for conceive my weight is 52its more? Wt can I do for pregnancy pls advise me.
Hello Doctor we are planning for our second child but my wife is getting periods in 20 days. Kindly suggest what should we do? My wife is 32 years of age and we do not have any medical history.
I have an problem of cyst on my ovaries so I had to ask that this is some critical problem And it is yes then what are the measure to solve it with out operation Because I had 2 operations before and the recent one was before 5 month Sooo plzzz help me.
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it:
- Set yourself an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. All you need are 30 minutes a day set aside to go for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises like this improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release more happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine of a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMs is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Regular of birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support though various discussion groups. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hello doctor I am 29 years unmarried Girl m suffering from PCOS from last 4-5 years. Current size of my ovaries are Right = 19.3 n left = 16.2. (highest was l=38 n R=36) I am under Ayurveda treatment. Kindly suggest me and what is the right size of ovaries?
Doctor m suffering from itching in vagina and white discharge from last 2 months and the itching is horrible. please suggest medicines.
Greetings. I had sexual intercourse with my gf on 22nd of april and 22nd to 25th are the periods date for her. We had a protected sex with condom but her periods were delayed and its nt happening till now. For surity we tk pregnancy card test on the 3rd day after sex and other on tha 10th day after sex and both the results were negative. I am very tensed about my gf because she had her periods on time. Will you please suggest me what to do now and where to go?
Don't skip breakfast.
Studies show that eating a proper breakfast is one of the most positive things you can do if you are trying to lose weight. Breakfast skippers tend to gain weight. A balanced breakfast includes fresh fruit or fruit juice, a high-fibre breakfast cereal, low-fat milk or yoghurt, whole wheat toast, and a boiled egg.