Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shalaka
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShalakaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I am having vaginal infection ,I.e itching since 2 months. I have taken candid3 vaginal tablet, 15 days back. But no effect.
My daughter is in First trimester (7 weeks) . On U/S there is small blood clot in placenta. How long rest is advised and what is the treatment further.
My wife is 2 months pregnant she don't like to eat anything. Whatever she eat she vomit. Please help me your suggestions. Her age is 26 Weight is 62.
Hi mam . I am planning for pregnancy but not getting conceive. I have met doctor too. But no prblm in all test. Help me to get good diet food that helps pregnancy.
Low mood refers to a state of mind when you are feeling low due to persistent sadness and loss of interest. Low mood is a very common emotion you might have experienced at least once during your lifetime. But if Low mood is chronic and long lasting for you, then it indicates that you are suffering from clinical depression.
Most mental and emotional health issues are inconspicuous in nature and, therefore, cause more harm than they otherwise should. Most people live with a number of symptoms of Low mood without even realizing it or do little to address it. When the depressive symptoms last for more than 2 weeks and affect the individual's personal, social or occupational life, it is known as clinical depression or major depression.
Here are certain signs to watch out for to determine whether a person is struggling with Low mood:
- A significant change in sleeping patterns: If you've been experiencing insomnia lately or have got a habit of oversleeping, then these might be symptoms of Low mood.
- Cultivation of a pessimistic approach about everything in life: You feel a sense of hopelessness and that your situation in life will always be the same without any improvement is a sure shot sign that you are suffering from Low mood.
- Anger or irritated mood: Having a low level of tolerance, getting angry quickly or always being in an irritated mood can be a prominent sign of Low mood.
- Sudden variation in weight or appetite: If you suddenly find that you have lost or gained a significant amount of weight without any substantial reason, then chances are high that it is happening because of your Low mood.
- Feeling of guilt without any particular reason: If you have started feeling guilty or constantly blame yourself for everything you've done in the past then the reason behind this may be your state of Low mood.
Low mood is as curable as any other illness. Both medical management and psychotherapy are helpful in treatment. Type of treatment depends on patient's condition, the severity of illness as well as availability. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Mushroom is a type of fungi that hails from the Agaricus family. It is estimated that there are close to 1,40,000 types of mushroom, out of which science has been able to classify only 100 odd mushrooms for health benefits. From cutting down cholesterols to preventing cancers, increasing the strength of the immune system to helping in weight loss, there are numerous health benefits of mushroom. This article will explore why mushrooms are regarded so highly by health practitioners across the globe:
- Cholesterol levels: Mushroom does not possess any fat or cholesterol. They are rich in lean protein, fiber, and some very important enzyme. The lean protein found in mushroom helps to burn down the LDL cholesterol. Furthermore, it creates a good balance of LDL and HDL cholesterol so that the body can refrain from stroke, atherosclerosis etc.
- Preventing cancer: Mushrooms are mighty effective in blocking certain cancer types such as the breast and prostate cancer. Owing to their high linoleic acid and beta-glucans, they act as a very good anti-carcinogen. While linoleic acid can successfully suppress the excess estrogen which leads to breast cancer in women, the beta glucans can suppress the growth of cancer cells in the case of a prostate cancer.
- Diabetes: Mushroom is an ideal food for a diabetic patient. They do not possess cholesterol, consists of low fat, have high protein and a lot of minerals and vitamins. Apart from this, mushrooms possess a lot of fiber and water. The most critical component, however, is the natural insulin that mushroom has within itself. They help to break down the starch found in food items. Mushrooms have certain components that help in the proper functioning of the liver, endocrine gland etc. It ensures that the proper balance of insulin is maintained in the body.
- Bone health: Mushroom is a very good source of calcium. They ensure that adequate strength of various bones is maintained in the body. Regular intake of mushroom can ensure safeguard an individual from conditions such as osteoporosis, joint pain, and immobility.
- Blood Pressure: Mushroom variety such as the maitake and the shitake has a high amount of potassium content. The latter can successfully relax the blood vessels thereby, reducing the blood pressure. Increased potassium content also helps in knowledge retention and an improved memory. High blood pressure, on the other hand, can cause severe damage such as strokes, heart attacks etc.
- Selenium content: Selenium component is mushroom is one of the key ways to receive selenium for a vegetarian. Selenium helps in strengthening the bone, nail, tooth and hair. Selenium is also considered to be a very powerful antioxidant that can successfully get rid of free radicals in the body and strengthen the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.