Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShalakaYour feedback matters!
After three times unprotected sex with gf I gave unwanted 72 after each intercourse it happens thrice in a weak. Whether it's a max" dose for her or she will get pregnant. Or chance of pregnancy.
A woman's reproductive health is affected by several factors. It plays a very important role in maintaining your overall physiological health. Anomalies in the reproductive system can lead to irregularities in the menstrual cycle and cause severe complications when you try to conceive a child.
There are many signs and symptoms of reproductive disorders in women. It differs from case to case, depending on the exact nature of the disorder and the medical status of the patient. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, consult a healthcare specialist right away. Some such signs are as follows:
- Persistent and unusual pain in the pelvic and abdominal region that lasts for more than six months
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting in between periods
- Periods occurring in unusual or irregular time intervals
- Excessively painful cramping during periods that is not alleviated by the intake of painkillers
- Presence of blood in urine
- Sudden fluctuations in body weight and changes in general physical appearance
- Irregularities in sleeping habits and patterns
In most cases, reproductive disorders in women are caused by fluctuations in hormone levels which can be triggered by various factors. Mental dysfunction and emotional stress can also manifest themselves as disorders of the female reproductive system. Treatment of the disorder and alleviation of symptoms is done by conducting a thorough medical analysis of the signs by a specialist and providing a diagnosis accordingly.
So if I have sex once I finish my period normally on that for 2-3 days then can I become pregnant even if forget to have sex on day my egg releases there still be sperm in my vagina won't it waiting every time he cums in me from last time had sex just incase I forget to on day egg release and if I don't go toilet while after sex then sperm stay in won't it.
I am 36 years old female married with no children. I have immense stomach pain during my cycle right from the year it started. Sometimes the pain is so severe that I have to take injections. Have tried various medicines. While I take the medicines it is ok once I stop it again it is the same. Is there any way to reduce the pains. Can I stop my menstrual cycle and yet get pregnant.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Every packet of cigarette comes with the warning 'Smoking is injurious to health'. With every national budget plan, the prices of nicotine based additives are hiked. Yet, you cannot quit smoking because you find it extremely difficult to resist the nicotine urge. Ayurveda says that the root cause of addiction is mental stress due to one of the 3 Doshas that are Vata, Pitta, Kapha. People try to terminate them through temporary, addictive methods rather than a bit more natural, holistic methods. Here's how it can be easier for you to quit smoking by adopting Ayurvedic remedies.
- Drink adequate amount of water, especially from a copper vessel. This helps to accumulate the wastes and release them.
- Perform the Neti Kriya (inhaling saline water through one nostril and releasing it through the other and then reversing the procedure).
- Performing the Bhastrika Pranayama twice every day, both in the morning and at night.
- Consume 3 tablets or 1 teaspoon of triphala everyday before going to bed, to eliminate the deposited nicotine tar in your system.
- Consumption of a measured mixture of ashwagandha, bala, shatavari and ginseng every day, or a chyawanprash containing these help in detoxification.
Changes in diet:
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and other addictive drugs, such as coffee, sugar, etc. because they increase the urge to smoke.
- Decrease intake of fatty foods because your metabolism rate is lower than at most other times, so you might risk gaining weight during this period.
- Try a vegetarian diet because it increases the Sattvik quality of your mind. Every fresh food item contains prana or life which rejuvenates both your body and mind.
- Chew anti-nicotine gums or suck on cinnamon sticks which curb your urge to smoke.
- Keep eating low-calorie food items like carrots, apples or celery.
- Incorporating regular exercise in your routine may help you to quit smoking more easily. It controls weight gain, which is a side-effect of quitting, and also offers you a fit and healthy lifestyle.
- Meditating and doing yoga regularly helps in relaxing your mind. Yogic postures like Sabasan help attain internal peace and divert your mind from craving to smoke.
Besides these techniques, there are various other ways like taking help from a professional ayurvedic counselor, which will help you quit smoking, socializing with friends or spending quality time with your family, will keep your mind diverted from the stress of quitting.
Related Tip: "Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health"