Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shakila ShaikhYour feedback matters!
Whenever I eat some tough food like mutton or chicken for continuously 2-3 times, both sides of my molar teeth starts paining. It automatically lasts if I take normal food for 2-3 days. This condition starts from last 2 months. However, I brush my teeth twice daily and I didn't see any cavities in my teeth. What is the reason behind this. please suggest.
I am 22 years old female. Am having stretch marks on my stomach and breast could you please tell me how I can remove that without any laser treatment?
I am 50 years old and I am suffering from back pain from 5 years will you give the solution for my problem.
I am 100 kg at 5ft-6inches. If i regularly go to gym even for a week, i lose weight very quickly but when i stop exercising, i again gain weight very quickly. What should i eat & what should i avoid eating. Pl help
I am 20 years old and there are lot of big size pimples looking awkward on face. I am feeling pain too. What is the remedy/solution? I am a male.
I have been suffering from depression for a year. I attempted suicide last month though my parents don't know anything about this.My acedemics ,my lyf everything is just going down. I m just student and can't manage fee for any consultant. I have lost my friends too. I just want to be ok....
Sir I want to increase my weight quickly can you consult me any supplements which increase my weight in a month.
I have delivered my baby in April 2015 now he 6 months old but till the time my monthly cycle not coming. And I have a very bad pain in my back. Please suggest me.
I got married in November. After my marriage my periods was normal. But since February I am not having proper periods. It's like spotting for two days only. My husband is not in india since Feb. Firstly I thought I am pregnant but I was not. So what should I do for regular and proper periods.
Now I am having very heavy acne and pimples they didnt get cured I am having this problem from two years I consulted an md doctor also but I didn't got rid of this I cant even get out of my house please suggest me an home remedy to make my face clear. I will be very thankful to you for suggesting me a solution.
I am 56 years old. My point of seeking is I do go to night-sleep at 11 pm. I get sound sleeping. I wake up at 6. 45 am but I do find as if I have not covered sleeping. I do not get proper after night slepping freshness etc. This type of problem is marked by me since a week.
What type of food I want to eat to increase my weight. because I am so lean. Please help me doctors.
I am 37 year old male and my face has become quite dark recently. Is there any remedy for skin fairness. Kindly prescribe some medications and remedy. Thank you.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"