Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Shaival ChandaliaYour feedback matters!
My mother in law aging 73 years has bp and diabetes since very long and has been taking medicine regularly for the same. Last week, she started feeling weak and cramps in legs. 8 days ago, she consulted a physician for the same, e checked the bp and it was 238/110. The doctor has given lasix inj immediately and advised to take lots of fluids and there will be frequent urination after the injection. Within 1.5 hrs of taking that injection she started vomiting. It continued for a day and she became very weak though we have been giving her electoral regularly. Her bp was fluctuating from 190 to 220 for 2 days and she collapsed on 3rd day having seizures. We have taken her to the hospital immediately and the next day it was diagnosed as PRES. Sodium levels were dropped to 97. So the have given sodium for 2 days. She is in ICU now, are the vitals are showing good but still she did not get consciousness. She is able to open her eyes from last 2 days but not looking straight at us neither recognizing or responding to anyone. Doctors are saying it will take time to recover but till now there are no signs of improvement what should we do? What is the general recovery time for this case. What are the improvements we can expect and the timelines? what are the other impacts post recovery? please advise, Thanks a lot!
My wife is suffering from american thyroid. Her body is not as normal their is some swelling. Her leg and hand have too much pain. When she talk any distance she is totally exhaust. Her mensuration cycle is not regular on time their is some variation in it. What is her healthy diet plan. Which type of medicine she have to take. Dr. Recommend her 200 mcg of eltroxin is it right for her. Please give me the best suggestion regarding this.
How I losses my weight and which type of food I'll take whether I've low sugar problem please tell me.
I am 35 year old male had been suffering from diabetes since 2013, fast -225 P. P-295, please suggest me ayurveda medicine. What kinds of medicine I take. Currently I used to take Glimprex 2mg.
Hello sir I'M Having thyroid. Do the effect the weight. Much Or I can control the weight gain during pregnancy period. Please tell.
I am 34 years old and suffering from hypothyroidism and I have tried a lot to reduce weight but again gained it. Please help me to reduce weight?
I am obese, height is 5'6" weight 117 kg. I wanna lose weight but not able to go to the gym because of my night shifts. I have thyroid and excess quantity of insulin in my blood. Please suggest how can I lose weight.
Dear sir I'm getting more acids and liquids from my vomiting in early morning brushing how I control that.
How often should I visit you for checkups in order to stay as healthy as possible and avoid diabetic complications?
I am srinivasan age 53 having diabetic past 7 years regularly taking medicine but this month it is F -223 PP - 414 and urine sugar is F - + PP - +++ I want to know the meaning of +
Sir, have thyroid problem from past 10 years now I am using thyronorm tablets suggest me doctor for permanent treatment.
I am 27 years old female n having one baby. I m gaining weight constantly as also suffering from thyroid since last 6 years wt shud I do?
I am diabetic & hypertensive for 12 years. For the past one month my right forearm is paining. Now for 1 week my shoulder is also paining. Please advise medicine.
Good morning doctors I want to decrease my blood sugar level which is 141 after eating what are the food that I want to avoid or food take more so my blood sugar comes down .I did not eat sweets or other sweet product because I did not like sweet but I only eat rice in night and I cup of tea in the morning so I don't know how my blood sugar came 141 please help me and give me suggestion what food should I avoid. Thanks.
Hypothyroid and PCOS. What food to eat and avoid? Currently on medications for thyroids and actively trying to conceive. Kindly advice of fertility rich foods.
How brain gets effected due to hypoglycaemia? Is there any test to detect insulin overdose as cause of hypoglycaemia? Is the effect to brain fatal?Please tell.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.