Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shailey ChhedaYour feedback matters!
My mother feels pain in their knees so much her age is 63 and she is a patient of diabetes and high blood pressure. Please suggest the exact treatment for this.
I had ankle sprain but I didn't get better treatment, now I feel painful while I play can someone prescribe me any medicines.
What should one do t strengthen the knees. I had injury on my knee few years back. Nothing happened t ligament. Then it was cured. Today I dont have pain. But it makes sound on certain motions. And there seems t be little friction. Only when I notice. How t strengthen knees and avoid this pain. Im 30 year old male. Arun.
Hello Doc Now a days my left hand pink finger hurting so much unconditionally. I don't know any reason. And one thing that I add more is that whenever I got conscious or nervous. . My hands and legs finger start shaking. I don't exact reason. I am bold person in nature. But I don't know why this thing happen. Is it sign of bad health. Specially my pink finger start paining in every 24 hour.
My mother is having disc problem and her leg continuously pains and it can't let her sleep properly we have tried physio therapies heat therapy can you tell me some exercise which can relief her or tablets.
Hello doctor, I'm having extreme pain above waist and below shoulder with irritation for a couple of weeks. And also my left shoulder is painful. I cannot able to sit for long time. Could you me please give me suggestion? Thank you.
I have habit of sitting down on floor with my knees folded nature of my job when I open my leg particularly left I start getting pain in my left knee I am 51 years old male & my Weight is 83 kg with height of five feet eight inches few days I started talking walk for one hr although it relived pain some how but when I sit down & to get up I need help of my arms should I continue walk r it will aggravate pain in my knee.
I stepped on a pointed stone bare foot last year in september. At that time there was not so much of pain but now from last 2 months there is enormous pain under the left leg. There is less pain while walking or running but when I get up after sleep or resting the leg for after 10 min I cannot stand on full left leg instantly. I have to use front portion of left leg to walk for 3 to 4 steps and then use full leg. An ortho doctor said that the medicine should have been taken I initial 14 days but now only heat can work. I had tried giving heat with water and also with ice but pain is increasing. Please suggest.
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
- You will experience pain even while resting
- There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
- You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
- The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
- You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
- Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
- Lifting heavy things
- Exercising without a proper warm up routine
- Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
- Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
- Not stretching properly
- Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
- Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
- Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
- Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
- Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.