Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh ShahYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 4. 6 years old. She has infection in her teeth. Because of that her gum is also infected and there is swelling (pus)too. Doctors are suggesting that either we should take out that infected teeth or do the root canal. Could you please suggest me which one is good for her? thanks & regards
I have tooth problem since 2 weeks doctor suggest me remove damaged tooth if I do it there is effect eyes or not gibe me answer what I have to do.
Sometimes I have pain in my mouth under my tongue and I do not know what to do at that time I have eaten pain killers but it does not response good. What should I do?
I can not open my mouth properly. Only one finger can be entered when I open my mouth. Also my teeth are very yellowish from last 7-8 years though I regularly brush. please provide me some help or any type of medication .or what will be the cost if I go through some medical treatment. please help.
I'm 49 years male and acute diabetic for the past 15 years. Most of my teeth are lost and jawbone also get loosing. Due to this, my dentist told that fixing of artificial teeth is not possible to me as my jawbone is not having enough strength to hold or clip the artificial tooth. I am in a great mental agony now. Please advise me a remedy for me. Kindly advise me the dentist who are advanced in such problems to treat
My wife has pain in teeth but she is 3 month old baby's mother so please suggest me best prescription for her.
Sir yesterday removed my wisdom teeth by surgical extraction. Now I am getting sever pain. Please suggest me the what type of food I eat.
My teeth is senitive. I have root canning on that part of teeth I brush 2 times with sensodine. Also I have constipation problem.
I am gani. I am suffering from teeth problem last 3 months. So I want to treat root canal treatment. How much cost it is. please give idea sir.
No one likes going to a dentist. People fear a toothache, let alone the treatment. Because of this, a lot of people end up in the dentist's chair only when the pain is unbearable and it is too late to save the tooth. Just like we have a routine health check up for the rest of our body, our teeth too need to be looked at by a dentist at regular intervals to spot that cavity right when it starts. A regular visit can also allow a quick clean up to keep your teeth shining white.
Here's what to expect during a routine dental check up:
- They'll check your history: Before you actually get to the dentist's chair, your dentist will want to know your entire health background. This is done either by you filling out a detailed form that the receptionist gives you or a junior dentist filling a medical record sheet after asking you questions. You'll specially be asked questions about any pain or symptoms you might be experiencing in your teeth and other things like medications, diabetes, arthritis, pregnancy etc. Each of these problems can have a direct impact on your dental treatment, hence revealing them to your practitioner in advance is very important. Also, be sure to discuss any concerns or anxiety you are experiencing. Most dentists know how to put their patient at ease. All it'll take is a quick chat to put you at ease.
- You'll get a cleaning: Just like the car gets a good wash before the mechanic can have a look, your teeth will get a good scrub before your dentist can address any problem areas. Cleaning involves scraping off built up plaque and tartar that collects above and below the gum line before flossing between and around every tooth to remove any plaque or food particles that are clinging on. You may also get a final shiny finish for your pearly whites at the end of the cleaning session.
- Your teeth will be examined: Your dentist will now use a metal probe with a small angled mirror to see behind and between teeth and gums, as well as check for the softening of tooth enamel and dentin. If you have a cavity or anything deeper, this is when it will surface. Once the doctor identifies a problem, they suggest the next course of action.
- You may get an X-ray: If the doctor finds a problem that needs fixing, he may ask you to take an X-ray to find out how deep the decay is. You'll be asked to bite down on a piece of plastic while the X-ray machine is placed against your cheek. Where possible, you can check if your doctor can do a digital X-ray which emits 90% less radiation.
- Results and advice: Based on your X-ray results and overall medical condition, the doctor may recommend various procedures to remove your existing decay and prevent new ones.