Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh ShahYour feedback matters!
I hv ylow teeth. M thnkng to go fa scaling n polishing. N if results r nt good. Thn I wl go fa bleaching. Is it ok? Sugest me.
I am 60 years and I am a diabetic patient. What will be the total cost for extraction of all teeth and replacement with implantation.
I had three front teeth implanted three months back. I do not have any pain or discomfort but the impanted set shakes when I touch. Does this mean implant has failed?
How to remove the florine on my teeth with natural techniques. Give me some natural remedies to wash away florine.
Why you must not delay getting your dental implants?
Dental implants are surgical components like frames or metal posts, which are placed beneath the gums so as to enable a dentist to mount artificial teeth onto them. Since these components blend very easily with your jawbone, they offer excellent support for your teeth replacements.
Can anyone have an implant?
It is important for your teeth and gums to be healthy in order to consider a dental implant. You need to have a strong bone in your jaw so that it can support the replacement tooth after the implants. If you smoke, suffer from diabetes or have certain gum disease you are not suitable for the procedure.
Why should you get started on this procedure?
If you are suitable for the procedure of dental implant, it is highly advisable to not delay it any further. Implants should be fitted within one year of losing a tooth since the jaw bone surrounding a tooth starts to shrink in size and gradually becomes so small that it fails to support an implant.
Here are some reasons as to why you should get started on this procedure:
1. To gain healthy and natural looking teeth without affecting surrounding teeth
Nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, so your natural teeth remain intact. They help in preventing healthy teeth nearby from shifting, which is very common if there's an empty space next to a healthy tooth for a long period of time. The procedure sees a replacement tooth being positioned in place of the lost tooth so that it not only looks but feels like a natural tooth.
2. To protect your jawbone
Not filling up empty spaces in your mouth can severely affect your jawbone. It begins to lose its firmness and strength as a consequence of no longer being able to support a natural tooth. Dental implants help in stimulating bone growth while preventing bone loss.
3. To keep your face from sagging
Missing teeth can cause your face to sink and sag, giving you a very sad and aged appearance. Dental implants provide you with the chance to retain the natural shape of not only your face but your smile too.
4. They do not move or shift but remain in place
Dental implants resemble your own natural teeth as they fuse with the bone permanently. Moreover, being fixed in one place due to the fusion, you can expect the replacement teeth to not move or shift.
I am 26 year old I suffering from gum problems since 2 years when eat sweet lot of pain my teeth and gum what I can do for this pain?
I have yellow teeth! I dont want to go to a dentist for this! I need a home remedy which is quick and harmless.
I am a 35years old male and am suffering from bad breath problem from some yrs. I brush twice a day, even had a root canal procedure on a molar teeth. I don't drink or smoke.
Hi ,I am 34 male from Mumbai .from last 2 years I having halitosis problem. I have consulted few dentist and I have gone with 3 root canal treatment and 4 extractions. And every four month cleanings. I have also used many lifter of mouth wash from branded products. But still the same .request you to pls suggest what to do .will be really grateful if you can help me to get rid of bad breathe.
I have problems on teeth and both side of last teeth will hole and when we drink normal water then also it will pain.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.