Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. ShaileshYour feedback matters!
The inflammatory condition of your sinuses (marked by inflammation of your nasal cavities) caused due to viral, bacterial or fungal infection; any autoimmune disorders or allergic reaction is known as sinusitis. This condition is also referred to as 'rhinosinusitis' as nose inflammation occurs. Sinusitis can be either acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Acute sinusitis is generally caused due to the common cold and lasts not more than four weeks. Sub-acute sinusitis is more prolonged in nature and lasts for about eight weeks. Chronic sinusitis is more severe in nature and can last for up to twelve weeks or even more.
The most common symptoms of sinusitis are as follows:
- Severe headache
- Nose blockage
- Release of yellowish green fluids from your nose.
- Difficulty in breathing
- Painful sensation in your eyes, ears and forehead.
- Post nasal discharge
- Frequent cough
- A sore throat
- Body fatigue
- Neck stiffness
- Tastelessness and anosmia (loss of smell)
The treatment methods available for sinusitis are as follows:
- Intake of painkillers like paracetamol can give you temporary relief from your aches. But consuming too much of these can cause side effects such as loss of appetite and drowsiness.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking about 2 to 3 liters of water every day and take proper rest.
- Steam inhalation can give you relief from nasal congestion.
- Using nasal sprays like Oxymetazoline can also give you temporary relief.
- Your doctor may advise you antibiotics like Amoxicillin in your sinusitis is chronic in nature.
- Immunotherapy helps to treat sinusitis if your sinusitis is caused due to allergic reactions.
- Your doctor may also recommend an endoscopic surgery of the sinus if your condition is found to be very severe.
My lower right jaw is paining. I took vitamin C tablet and a flexon. But not much relief and now one of my nostril of nose is draining. What should I do?
I have allergic, nose blocking, throat bleeding when clean throat, headache and tiredness. What should I do?
I am suffering with nasal infection, nose are getting closed, it's hard to take breathing also, pls suggest me the right treatment?
I have internal third grade haemorrhoids since last 6 years and have controlled the same with strict diets and lifestyle modification. However, I am used to Ayurvedic Choornas and laxatives now and can't regulate bowel movements without them. I need a permanent cure. I am a strict vegetarian and do not have any specific food allergies. The occurrence of haemorrhoids was due to excessive antibiotics after My tonsillitis surgery and they are prevalent ever since. Please advice if a surgery is conducive.
Runny nose, red watery eyes and continuously sneezing since a week. No fever no itching anywhere. Please advice.
I am 29 year old female, I have permanent voice like mera gala beta ho (infected throat) is there any way I can improve my voice so it comes clean if I speak loudly I have pain in my throat.
Hi I'm a 19 year old male and I'm suffering from canker sore, I know that it is mainly due to lack of water for me and sometimes I just forget to drink water at all due my concentration level I guess such as while playing games and doing interesting research or working on some project. Please tell me how to inculcate such a habit so that I never forget to drink water. Thanks.
I stopped the use of an eye drop acupat after using it for 2 months, 10 days ago. However a sinus infection caused by its sude effect has not gone away. I am afraid that is it a long term side effect or it will go away? What shall I do to get rid of it?
Sir I am suffering from throat infection since 3 years. I have consulted with many doctors. But there is no improvement. By profession I am a teacher and I have to speak every time. May be this is the reason of problem. I feel itching and irritation in my throat every time. Can you advice me something.
Can you please tell me the expenses for the single ear operation in Kolkata. My left eardrum seriously infected or replacement may be needed according to a doctor. I know nothing more than it. Suffering from last 3 years, small fluctuation in hearing & frequent itching, discharge in ear. Please guide me anyway. I'm a student & I've economical problem I'll be highly grateful if you suggest me a cheap but best clinic for operation in Kolkata. Please let me know the approximate expenses for it. Thanks doctor.
Hello sir, My nose is bleeding and loose motion. I am feeling not well because of pain on my body. What should i do?
My gf is 21 yes. Now she is suffering from measles n tonsillitis. She gets mild fever, headache, no hungry, body pain n tiredness, swallowing pain n a little vomiting today. What to eat or not, please tell.
One of the irritating conditions that can affect the mouth of a person is sores, which can be quite painful. These sores can affect anyone of any age group or gender. Sores may make it difficult for a person to eat, speak or even swallow. Here are a few ways through which you can get rid of mouth sores quickly or at least alleviate the symptoms to lessen the pain:
1. Topical Products - There are various types of creams and lotions which are available in the market as over the counter drugs for treating or at least lessening the symptoms of mouth sores. Some of the common chemicals used to treat the sores are Fluocinonide, Benzocaine and Hydrogen peroxide.
2. Food and nutritional supplements - In many cases the sores are caused within the body due to deficiency of nutrients such as Zinc, Vitamin B12 or B6 and the doctor may prescribe special medications to supplement the need for those within the body.
3. Rinses - Certain special types of oral rinses are prescribed by the doctors when treating mouth sores. Most of the rinses prescribed by the doctors have a steroid, namely dexamethasone, which proves to be effective in the treatment of mouth sores.
4. Cauterizing or destroying sores - In certain cases where topical or oral treatments haven't worked it may be necessary to correct it by cauterizing or using a special device to burn and destroy the sore so that new tissues can grow in its place.
5. Oral medications - Certain oral medications may be prescribed for sores which are caused due to underlying physical conditions such as ulcers.
6. Avoiding spicy food - Spicy foods are also a leading cause for canker sores as it may cause chemical imbalances within the stomach as well as inside the mouth and hence should be avoided as much as possible.
7. Improving general oral hygiene - Regular brushing, flossing, and proper oral care will definitely reduce the chances of getting oral sores.