Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. ShaileshYour feedback matters!
I am a 20 yr old male, Since long I am getting frequent headaches. Nasal tract disturbances and lymph swelling under jaws.Somewhat like cold. Sometimes it may develop as throat pain / fever I want to prevent it.
My daughter has been coughing a lot since last night. She is complaining of pain in throat and chest. During daytime the coughing is less, but it increases during the night. This has been happening for the last two days and has been taking Alex junior for the last 2 days. Also, she has been taking foracort 400 (1 puff twice a day) for last one month and asthalin puff on need basis. Please advice.
I am suffering from cold and tonsils from last 10 days. I have tried my medicine but none of them is helping. Can you please help me.
I have sore throat for the past 2 days. I have tried many medicines and tonics but not got cured. I'm female of 18 yrs.
My throat swishing all day and in morning bad smell comes from mouth my tongue upper layer having white.
Nosebleeds are a common occurrence, and may indicate a severe medical condition. The rupture of the blood vessels within the front and back of the nose can cause such bleeding. These blood vessels are very tender and, thus, bleed easily.
There are two kinds of nose bleeds: namely anterior and posterior nosebleeds.
An anterior nosebleed occurs when the blood vessels at the front of the nose break or rupture, giving rise to bleeding. A posterior nosebleed is when the rupture takes place in a deeper part of the nose. The latter is more dangerous because blood can flow down the back of the throat.
Some of the causes of nose bleeding are:
- Trauma to the face, such as a punch on the face
- Repeated bouts of nose picking or irritation can also cause nosebleed
- Although rare, inability of the blood to clot can also cause the nose to bleed
- High blood pressure can also be a contributing factor
According to some people, cold can cause your nose to bleed. This holds true to an extent. Among the many reasons that can cause the nosebleed, summers serve as one.
This is because:
- Summer months are dry and hot, both of which are bad for your nose. The protective coating of mucus present within the nasal cavity can get dry due to low humidity in the hot months. The loss of the mucus causes your nasal cavity to be prone to dryness, leading to subsequent bleeding.
- The heat also has another damaging effect, as summers tend to intensify allergy, and an allergic reaction can cause nosebleeds.
Washing your nose with cool water and avoiding being subjected to direct sunlight may help to prevent nosebleeds.
Related Tip: Why Nose Bleeding Can Be Serious?
I have bleeding of nose from last three weeks and I suffer from pain in my nose suddenly starts. I used medicine but there is no benefit.
I feel ear pain when I use my mobile in both ears and I am not a regular user of mobile at most I use for 30 mins a day even when I use earphones I feel pain.
My ear getting like the one we get inside an airplane it wont go even when I blow with my nose closed.
On behalf of my friend I'm 27 year old female, whenever I am sleeping in night and changing one side to another I am feeling dizziness (chhakar ka aana). What shall be problem what should I do ?
I am suffering from sinus from last 3 three year doctor advice me for nasal spray name flomist and take steam at night bt whn I quit ol tis it can happen again wat can I do.
I have a swelling near my left ear & cheek. I feel pain whenever I open my mouth (jaw) since 6 months. Please advise me on this and whom do I contact for the same. Thanks Chiru.
I have a nose bleeding problem since I was 10 years old whenever I do sneezing and whenever I eat dry fruits, my nose got blooded When I penetrate my finger much then also it happens suggest me useful I am keen to know your reply.
Hi I have problem in breathing whenever I will go to bed one of my nose will be blocked and I will free no oxygen is coming in chest. Exactly I don't know whether this is sinus problem or not. I have done Hot Water Steamer but its not helping me a lot.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.