Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh C JoshiYour feedback matters!
Sir I am from hyderabad. sir my left hand is paining from two days what is the solution please tell me.
I have cervical pain from last 2 months. I had get many treatment but I did not got any benefit. By doctors advice I had also consult physiotherapist. Actually in day time its better feel when I seat. But unable to sleep. When am going to sleep the whole right hand getting bite too much. Please advice any medicine. please Please
I have shoulder pain for last 6 months. X-ray show no issues. I did homocystein test and found 65. Range should be 5 to 15. What precautions should I take. Thanks.
I am 29 years old, unmarried. I have lower back pain from few days, I was not able to sit, get up once I sit, turn in the bed, sneeze or cough and also was not able to walk. My doctor proscribed mobizox tablets twice a day for 2 days and meganeuron od plus for 10 days at night. Pain is in control. But my left leg, hip, very lower back still pains. Please suggest me something to get rid of this. I do walk and do basic exercises.
My son today faced back pain. Consulted doc. His fever is 100.6, doc has asked for urine test to clear the doubt of kidney infection and also prescribed Syrup Dolopar MDS. What is your opinion sir? If doc's doubt is correct then is it curable with medicines or it would be any serious problem. What is preferable diet for my son. Please advice sir.
Hello sir I am very seriously suffering back pain from 2 months so I am working some works and joints also very painful please tell me sir some ideas.
I am ajay from haryana fatehabad and I am suffering from back pain and my height is also small how can I increase my height please tell me.
Since 3-4 days I have neck and lower head pain. It aches badly. Firstly, I thought may be due to some posture it might be happening. But found out its not due to it. And since yesterday I am having mild fever which is either exact 99 or 99. something. Please tell me is it a signal for any disease?
Acupressure can prove to be extremely effective if you are looking for non-medicinal solutions to treat musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, etc. Acupressure is the application of putting firm pressure on the areas on the body which are swollen, agitated or tense by massaging the acupoints (specific points in the body). Acupressure believes that relieving these areas of pressure reduces the pain.
Here are some musculoskeletal problems that can be healed by acupressure:
- Arthritis: Those who seek acupressure as an alternative treatment for pain are mostly suffering from arthritis (a disease characterised by chronic joint inflammation and cartilage degeneration). Acupressure applies pressure on the inflamed joints.
- Back pain: Back pain is a common problem that can affect anyone irrespective of his or her age. Acupressure acts to relieve the points where the muscles are too tense and helps to tone or support the muscles which have become weak with disuse.
- Chronic pain: Unrelenting pain can stem from many causes. Acupressure focuses on the pain and the pain signals when treating chronic pain. The acupoint of the pain and the nerves are gently massaged to relieve the pain.
- Fibromyalgia: Traumatic injury to the soft tissue, emotional trauma or severe illness can cause fibromyalgia. It is non-inflammatory in nature and often leads to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (a troublesome disorder with symptoms of deep fatigue, sleeping problems, pain, etc.). Acupressure can greatly improve the fatigue and sleeplessness that fibromyalgia causes.
- Tendonitis: The tendon connects the tissue to the bone, and tendonitis is the condition when the tendon is inflamed. Acupressure helps in reducing the inflammation and easing mobility restrictions.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, stretching from the lower spine to the back of the foot. So when this nerve is agitated, pain radiates from the lower back to the foot. This condition is called sciatica. The acupoints in sciatica are the lower back and the hip. Acupressure effectively loosens the muscles in these regions and reduces inflammation.
- Sports injuries: Strains and sprains are common sports injuries, which mostly affect athletes. Acupressure has anti-inflammatory benefits that can help heal severely injured tendons, ligaments or muscle. Acupressure also plays a huge role in restoring and retraining the body, especially if you are an athlete and play high-demand sports.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the pressure increases on the median nerve as it goes through the carpal tunnel, and this causes wrist pain. Acupressure involves the use of directed pressure to specific acupuncture points on the surface of the body.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleep disorder. The Acupressure Points between your heel and anklebones (on both sides) have traditionally been used to relieve and prevent insomnia.
- Migraines: Acupuncture is used to effectively treat primary headaches, namely tension and migraine, which are the most common.